1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Urinating Blood

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by LuvMyBulldogs, May 31, 2010.

1. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

My house dog is pissing blood?? Im gonna get the ol' lady to take'em to the vet tomorrow, but any ideas what it might be?? I hope its just a urinary tract infection or something and not anything drastic like cancer:(.

2. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

there is alot it could be.some life threating good thing you caught it and for sure take it in for tests.urinary tract could be one.

3. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

gogle it .i just did lots of imfo.but its basicly like i said.

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Has your dog done anything unusual lately?

Was this sudden onset or do you remember noticing little signs previously such as needing to urinate a little more frequently than normal or taking more smaller urinations rather than 1 big pee?

If it is a urinary tract infection, pure unsweetened cranberry juice works for humans in helping and preventing UTI's. I'd go 50/50 with water if your dog will drink it. This is just meant to help if it is a UTI. You still need to take your dog to the Vet to get a proper diagnosis Good luck!

DryCreek :)

5. outrightmike

outrightmike CH Dog

cranberry sulp or extract would be better,it takes alot to do any good.if it is u.t.i the dog should be in alot of pain while peeing.

6. peppapig

peppapig Banned

has your dog been hurt in any way???

7. LuvMyBulldogs

LuvMyBulldogs Big Dog

He doesnt seem to be in any pain at all, but i have noticed his water intake has decreased a bit. he doesnt seem dehydrated and he's acting fine. I wouldnt have known anything was wrong, but we were in the kitchen and i kept noticing little drops of what i know now is blood and urine mixture. I gave him something to keep him relaxed so he's stoned right now. lol but ill take him in tomorrow and see....Thanks

8. KBK

KBK Big Dog

Sounds like a urinary tract infection, if it is its easily sorted with Antibiotics and also fairly cheap, get it checked though

9. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

Could be anything including a UTI, bladder stones, prostate infection/abscess, or cancer. If he's not neutered my bet is prostate problems, which is easy to fix with antibiotics.

But your vet can easily tell you what it is with a physical exam and a urine sample, possibly ultrasound. Just don't let him piss before you go to the vet so they can get a nice sample from him, and don't give him anything other than his normal food and water so it won't affect the urinalysis.

10. Phebes

Phebes Pup

It is a UTI. Many dogs will do that when they have had a UTI for a while.