1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

unusual activities you do to keep your dog fit?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by blanch, Aug 14, 2010.

1. blanch

blanch Big Dog

i dont do anything unusual with my dogs just walk, run,flirtpole and springpole

but does anyone do any unusual workouts with their dogs?

2. Lilbitty

Lilbitty Pup

she is only 1 so I just play fetch with her everyday.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sorry for the photos but figured I'd share what fetch does to her lol

3. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

I let him sex everything on 4 legs....with protection of course:D.

4. green machine

green machine Top Dog

Hey isn't that bailey in your avatar?

5. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Ill be honest I have no clue just the nicest pic I had on my comp.

6. noblebostons

noblebostons Big Dog

Not that it's too unusual, but swimming would be a nice addition to your dog's workout.

I'd like to build an A-frame after seeing this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiApArH_WKk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiApArH_WKk[/ame]

Also, I like to take dogs on a sandbar at the Kansas River to sprint. My fiancee will go with me, and we space out a hundred yard or more, and take turns calling the dog back and forth between us. It helps to yell for them in an excited tone, and wave your arms- that'll really get 'em moving.

[​IMG]

7. budboy88

budboy88 CH Dog

two people, two baseball gloves, and a baseball. Stand about 50 yards apart and throw the ball back and forth drives my dogs crazy and wears them out quick.

8. Yardboy

Yardboy CH Dog

9. noblebostons

noblebostons Big Dog

Here's an advanced conditioning technique that all the top dogmen have been secretly using for years (allegedly). guaranteed to take your dog to the next level :cool:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Os5vbE1Cg&NR=1"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64Os5vbE1Cg&NR=1[/ame]

10. blanch

blanch Big Dog

yeah i do also use the A frame,forgot to mention that one.

something i think would be a very good workout would be the dog pulling a sled while running at reasonable pace for a fair distance.
    like husky's do,you'd just have to find a way to protect their feet.

11. JoeyNzoey

JoeyNzoey Top Dog

I have her play fetch by running up and down the stairs here in my house if that counts, I like to drop the toy over the edge at the top of the stairs and it falls down right at the end of the steps and we will do that repeatedly.

12. blanch

blanch Big Dog

that certainly does count as unusual lol,i'd be worried about the dog taking the most direct route down!

13. Not too unususal but i let my dog pull me on a bicycle. He will pull hard for a good 3-4 miles and then let off a bit and ill pet him run next to me for another 5 miles. We can only do this in the winter cause he will get too hot any other time. I also have him climb trees. More of a skill than training i guess.

14. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

We do all the usual... fetch, flirt pole, spring pole, treadmill, walks and today we just tried one of the dogs in our ''swim tank''. Worked out pretty good besides me getting SOAKED! lol

15. pit4ever

pit4ever Banned

that A-frame thingy was greattttt . learned alot.

16. Gonna build an a frame like that one. I bet thats a helluva workout in less than5 minutes.

17. chessfighter

chessfighter Big Dog

Pull me while I'm in a sports wheelchair. Good workout for me and the dog.

18. kalenhcc

kalenhcc Big Dog

I take mine to a nearby river and play fetch in a slow moving part of the river. Not really unusual but I also play fetch with him on a sandy beach type area for a better work out.

19. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

what i like to do is take my dog down to the stream,the current is between 5-10 mph, and comes up to about his chest in some places, other spots is deep enough to swim. i have a floaty bumper thing from petsmart.

i find the right part of the stream that would let him run about 20-30 yrds, then the other10-15 yards is swimmin.

i throw the bumber against the current. he brings it back.

tires the shit out of him!

20. blanch

blanch Big Dog

i used to play fetch in the water with my staff but the retard kept opening his mouth to try and grab the float when it was too far away and almost drowning.

if its hot he'll still go for a swim by himself just to cool down though.