1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Union County Pitbull Owner Arrested

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by kjf85, Jan 23, 2007.

1. dntbh8n

dntbh8n Pup

Monroe County,NC euthanizes all pitbulls and won't be adopted? Did anyone else here that on the video? I have plenty of people look at me funny b/c I have a magnet on my car that says "I love my pitbull." Does that make me a bad person? NO. Does that make my pit a bad person? T^o them ya but to me H*LL NO!!! He is the reason I get up everyday. I do absolutely no training with him but he is as healthy and as strong as I would like him to be.

2. CB

CB CH Dog

I had some people call me today saying they went to the place they are holding all the dogs to see if there is a chance to adopt out one of the pup's and they said that they wouldnt do it.

3. Attila

Attila Guest

Why them dirty rats.

4. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

"pictures of a breeding stand and call it a face off,"

WOW! I never realized that bulldogs could play Hockey!! Learn something new everyday!!

5. Attila

Attila Guest

I read the article I don't see any thing in there that is logical. Treadmills are used even by those that own and show poodles, Sleds even by the Bermise Mountain dog (I know I spelled that wrong) 36 dogs isn't shit. Sounds like I need to be popping me some hot air balloons. Sherriff isn't an expert on dogs and wouldn't know his ass from a hole in the ground about animal psycology. Most of them only do a few week course and then they become deputies and maybe after 15 years of that run for Sherriff an elected not schooled position. And we all know the media is FOS. Those mean puppies can't even open their eyes yet they are so visious. Why must I have to take medication? I would like to jerk every one from the balloon snoops to the sherriffs damn eyes out. and set their asses on fire and watch them run into stuff trying to run. Media retards.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

I just sent that station one of my longest letters. Lets see where they go from there. I doubt any where. I get so sick of lies.
    breed stands, sleds, treadmills and chains. WTF I use those on my Coon hounds, Walkers and my Shar-Pei, and my APBT. That is the most retarded shit about it. I was at a friend house the other day and he has these Maine Coon cats or what ever and he has a little tread mill for them. He and his wife actually show these things. I didn't even know the had them not to mention show them and all that. I can't hardly believe some one would go see cats at a show. Go figure. Anyway he has a tread mill so they don't get too fat. They have a conformation standard too. what a trip any way. There it is.

And also I used breed stands for the breeding of cattle, sheep and hogs. I suppose we have game cows now eh? Sleds holy crap. Horses even pull sleds. Seen a Elephant do it once to at a fair in Michigan. Fighting Elephants God save us.

7. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

I read the story and immediately sent this off to the station.

This story has got to be the most pathetic yellow journalism that I have witnessed in years. Being a journalist and a Staffordshire Terrier owner I find this story reprehensible and filled with lies. It seems that it was a slow news day in the office to focus such despicable innuendo on this man and the breed. You should be ashamed of yourselves because you are going to murder these dogs now that they are in your possession. I hope that when he gets his day in court, and you see the machinery is meant to enhance the dogs' lives, it will result in an acquittal on these fatuous, yellow journalism pieces of manufactured evidence based on ignorance and innuendo. Furthermore, I hope that he sues the baloonists for invasion of privacy along with your organization for the damage that you have wrought upon his life! If you ever wonder why people around the world think of you as being hicks then you have to look no further than your mirrors to see why it is so!

8. kensloft

kensloft Big Dog

Sent this off to channel 14!

Dear Editor,
    By your own news reel you have proven that these dogs are not vicious. The Police officer in your clip had her fingers in the animal's cage and the animal did not chew them apart much like a lion or tiger would have done to any appendage that was in their cage, This vicious crop of lies is nothing more than the police trying to pretend that they are doing their job to protect the population.
    The invasion of privacy by the hot air balloonists should be brought to court in a suit for what they have done to this man. The tv stations that continued to perpetrate and perpetuate this lie against this individual should also be brought to court and be sued for the libelous lies that you are using to portray this man and the breed as the bane of civilized society.
    The bane of civilized society is the yellow journalism that seems to be the epitome of your journalistic endeavours. This story is pathetic. It is disgraceful in that it brings journalism into disrepute. There is no integrity in this story's portrayal of this incident's victims. The owner and the dogs are the victims and your victimizing them is despicable. Do your job and educate yourselves as to what is real and what is fanciful. It is no wonder that America is held in disrepute if you are the picture of integrity.

9. I can't believe my eyes!!! You guys have pretty much said it all! It's a shame that we even have to entertain such media, however, It's like one said...This could happen to any of us!! When I see on T.V that they've taken some pits that are extremely underweight and not taken care of, I want to think that maybe they'll get a good home...BUT the bullsh*t of it is that they don't even get a chance. These dogs look great...all but the one with the bad ear. How many of you have one with similar markings? Yard accidents happen...It's very hard to prevent!! That's the worst pictures they could come up with...WTF!!! So if having a tread mill, breading stand, and a "big chain" is cruelty...wouldn't painting those numbers on the huntin' dogs side be the same??? Wow, I can't believe how much my blood boils with this bull!! A couple in a hot air balloon can fly over my place, witness a possible yard accident and BOOM...one of the few things that bring me happiness could end in the same result...BULLSH*T!!! Where's the investigation....I'm just AMAZED that they can turn those few items into something that seems so bad. Worst off...There's so many people out there that don't know crap about the breed that will believe this.....Could be one of our neighbors....Then what???

10. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Thanks to everyone who has written them

11. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Paraphernalia laws are very scary laws as they do not require that the person actually be caught in the act of dogfighting nor having a pit/ring setup to be prosecuted. Many of these types of laws are being enacted all across the country as the lazy man's way of cracking down on "dogfighters" & making our communities "safer." Last I had heard Oregon was in the works of trying to pass a statewide law that would give the goahead to police/AC to prosecute people just based on a couple of things such as:
    -multiple pit bulls
    -dogs on chains
    -dogs wearing 2 inch collars
    -break sticks
    -own vaccines
    -have a spring pole
    -have a flirt pole
    -have weight pulling equipment

We can honestly thank the HSUS for this crap as they are the ones who keep releasing these kinds of "lists to know if your neighbor is a dogfighter or not" to the general public. This is why we not only need to keep fighting, but we need to educate the public that these ill-thought out lists mean nothing other than that person is a responsible pit bull owner.

12. Attila

Attila Guest

Well that puts me in there list then, and every farm owner, probably any kennel owner in the world. Silly list for silly list followers. I suppose that keeps them busy and not focused on those that do wrong, and puts it on those of us that don't. Real useful that list is. I can't see where any of that amounts to any more than keeping a good dog in the yard and busy.

13. Phebes

Phebes Guest

This happens over and over. If all APBT owners when they see this type of reporting would list all sponsers during the news broadcast. Call or write the station but they really don't care so you need to hit them where it hurts. Call or write the sponsers. Tell the sponsers you will no longer buy their products if this type of irresponsible reporting continues. When sales fall off things will change. Get organized people!!!!

14. Attila

Attila Guest

Cool. you got a list of the sponsers for that station. I will write them, call them what ever. I will hit them were it hurts worse if I can just find their balls. Don't seem to have any yet.

15. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i havent wrote a letter to these people in fear that i cant hold my negitive thoughts to myself,....anyone got anything back from these people yet?

16. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

I got something back yesterday which I posted earlier, I replied back to them but not recieved anything from that one

yet and probably won't so I'll probably e-mail them back tomorrow or tonight

17. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

i read what you posted last night,...they refuse to take any responsability dont they?

18. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

yep!

They won't do squat about it --
    I wrote them back telling htem what I thought about their reply-

19. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

20. CB

CB CH Dog

Look at this quote from the news. I bet we all know who these people are and the DONT even fight there dogs. Thats why people should stop throwing kennel names out like there nothing because these people do not want you doing that.

Dog fighters fit into three categories: street, hobbyist and professional, he said. Not a lot of money or planning exists at the street level, with spontaneous fights taking place in alleys or behind buildings. Professionals, though, will fly their dogs across the U.S. for competitions, with as much as $150,000 exchanging hands after fights, Reder said. At least three big-time professionals breed and fight dogs in North Carolina, he said.