1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Union County Pitbull Owner Arrested

Discussion in 'Pit Bull News' started by kjf85, Jan 23, 2007.

1. That. Is. F'ing. Ridiculous.

How the ... I mean ... I can't even put the words together to express how DUMB that is. A FACE OFF DEVICE? I mean, come the fuck on. Even someone who knows nothing about pitbulls or dogs in general wouldn't look at a breeding stand and think "torture device" or "dogfighting paraphenelia". These cops don't have a thing on this guy ... so ONE dog had a few scars. And? My grandmother owns a cocker spaniel with more scars than that dog, cause the little mutt likes to think squirrels/raccoons/opposums are lunch. Better tell my granny to watch out for animal control, now. :rolleyes:

You know all those babies and those adorable little pups will more than likely be euthanized. How do these cops and animal control officers think they are doing right by the animals when all they're going to do is give them all the needle anyway? Hypocrites.

Ignorance really is dangerous.

Where is this place again? I wanna go visit for a spell. :mad:

2. CB

CB CH Dog

I just Sent this to the News and called them to.

Hello i am a PROUD owner of a American Pit Bull Terrier. Pit Bull Terrier's are America's greatest dogs and should in no way have neggative press like you did (Eyewitness news). This guy that are saying this man faught his dogs is FALSE. The Police officer on T.V gave so much false facts about what they found at this guys house and is making it alot worse not only on the guy but on the breed. The "Facing off Device" the found is not for that it is called a breeding stand and it helps control dogs while being bred and it is not a "cruel" device. The chains that they found at his yard are for containing a dog the proper way. These American Pit Bull terriers are very strong they will break off of any other lead you get for them so a chain is the ONLY way to contain them without getting off and hurting a dog in the yard or even a dog that is being walked down the street. We know if some lady's chihuahua got attacked by a pit bull then it would be on the news in a flash saying how dangerous pit bull's are. The APBT are dog aggresive that is the standard of the breed that is how it was in the 1800's. The Treadmill they found is properly called a slat mill and is used to build muscle. There are ALOT of pit bull dog show's around NC all year around and even have slat mill's at the show to see what dogs can run the longest it is not used as fighting equipment it is used to get a dog in shape for a dog show. The weight pull sled is used for pulling weights and not for endurance the APBT is know for weight pulling if people would go to one of the show's around NC then they would see that its not used for dog fighting. PLEASE stop showing that same Cop or Animal Control officer on t.v because he is giving yall false statements about APBT. If you would like to play something on the news then please play this.
    http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoID=1532418786

3. How'd you email them? Can you post the email address? I'd like a chat with them, too.

4. CB

CB CH Dog

Top right of the page it says contact the station.

kjf85 likes this.
  5. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

this is what I sent to them...

Hi,
    I am an owner of American Pit Bull Terrier. I am disgusted by the way you have reported on the case of the 36 pit bulls being seized off of a mans yard. The equipment that was found on his property was not for fighting purposes, far from, all of his equipment is for bettering his dogs-- is that illegal? The "facing off stand" as you and the officials of Union county call them are breeding stands. They are made to keep an accident from happening when these dogs are being bred. If research was done on this breed you would find that these dogs are naturally dog aggressive and he was being a responsible owner by having something to help prevent a fight. The weight sled is for weight pulling. If you would go to an American Pit Bull Terrier Show you would see that these dogs LOVE this sport-- it is like weight lifting to a man, it is challenging and they put their hearts in this sport. You wouln't see dogs being made to pull-- you would see them happily trying their hardest with their tails wagging the entire time. The "treadmill" as you called it is a slat mill-- again these shows have these slat mills on premises to see the dogs run on them-- contests. People train APBT all year long for these shows. The dogs love it. American Pit Bull Terriers are highly active and love sports. Weight pulling is a sport. It is no different than field sports for hunting dogs. People who own this breed are sick of being attacked by the media. The chains that were found are pretty much standard on any APBT owners yard. The size that he had was NOT too big, it was big enough to contain them without the chance of a dog getting off. American Pit Bull Terriers are very strong, if they were on anything smaller they could get off and then they would be loose.
    I think that union County officials and your broadcasting company needs to do some research before reporting false information.

please anyone else who feels stronglt about this e-mail them-- maybe if they get enough e-mails something good could come out of it.

6. CB

CB CH Dog

Thanks For helping out. I am trying to gather some people around the area to fight for this man. And i just heard from a freind that they are investigating to other people around the area so there is more shit to come.

7. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Yeah- I posted that earlier in here, I'm not too far away from their a couple counties so I don't want to see this happen either.
    I'm getting the link for News 14
    We may want to e-mail them as well

8. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

9. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I like how the most nonsensical articles are always the ones that don't provide contacts for the author. So let's see... breaking sticks are used to goad dogs into fighting, and now breeding stands are used for face-offs. I guess the 30-pound chain is used to tie-up "bait dogs." Pfft.

10. I sent a message and told them what I thought. I was verry polite about the situeation.

kjf85 and CB like this.
  11. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Thanks for helping out

12. Very wise...better silent night.

13. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

here is the response that I recieved from the news station

Thank you for writing. We don't make the laws or file charges---- that
    is up to authorities in any case. We reported that information about
    this man being charged with crimes. We also questioned him about the
    charges--- allowing him to talk about these on camera. He denied any
    wrongdoing. We will continue to follow this case-- to the resolution.

Sincerely,

14. I love how they don't address their irresponsible journalism. If you are going to report the news, you should atleast do your research. Reporting that a breeding stand is a face off mechanism, or whatever the hell they said, is not accurate and it's irresponsible to report that as the truth.

Ugh.

I'm going to email them. I'll post what I send.

15. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

I'm waiting on another response -- I e-mailed them back
    I'll let you know

thanks

16. CB

CB CH Dog

I still havnt gotten a responce back from them.

17. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

This story has hit me hard. I'm absolutely heartbroken over this. I pray that common sense prevails, and those lovely animals get returned to their owner.

Every one of the pictures showed a well behaved, smiling APBT. They all looked healthy and happy.

The injured ear on the black dog.....I've gone out to see a dog with a swollen face in the morning with no clue as to what happened. It was caused by bites, but from what is still unknown. Stray, wolf, who knows.

As to the outcome of this story? I know that when the SPCA took my dogs, I was NOT charged, and they killed all my dogs. Puppies included. And this was before the Ontario Ban was fully in effect.

I will send positive thoughts to a better outcome for this man.

18. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

The one that the officer was standing beside on one of the clips not shown was licking her and wagging its tail

it's very sad that these dogs will be put down,
    they shouldn't be taken away to be killed
    it's wrong!

19. I guess mine was to provocitave to get a responce back. here is my thought on that . It is their responsable to make sure the facts are accurate and correct and if not it is liable I think that is how you spell it but there it is.

20. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

Well I got an answer but I didn't like it I replied but haven't gotten anything back on that one...
    I let ya know if I do though