1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Ukc

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by JP38, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Staub

Staub Big Dog

I see your point, and I agree that selectively breeding can create a new breed of dog. I just think that the bully dogs should be in their own program, and that also true performance apbts could be in their own. I know personally I think my pit is the real thing, but she's not performance bred. I guess what I'm saying is there's kind of a middle ground and I feel that conformation shows create that in a way. I'm fine with being in the middle ground. I also think that folks that still stick to the old school ways are breeding dogs to a caliber above what I have and I support them I think that someday we'll see three separate breeds. Just seems that everyone has to hold on to that name pitbull, bully people aren't all ok with just calling their dogs bullies.

2. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

Hey yeah, you can do that! And ADBA can, in effect, do it too -- with education and continued shunning if they show up in conformation rings.
    As for making it "official", what should ADBA do?
    Pull papers and peds on dogs that are "too bully"?
    Decide which peds they don't want and purge the registry of them? Who gets to decide which peds?

Yes, perhaps ADBA needs to do investigation of people and peds when possible and encourage those that DO know about hung pedigrees to step forward -- take away priveleges when people are "caught", etc; but PLEASE don't make a BREED for them! That just makes it all "all right".

3. Tiznow

Tiznow Big Dog

I see your point, but I would rather bash them for breeding dogs that are not what the breed is AT ALL, than to reward them for their efforts in creating a romantic history, language and "culture" around these dogs (where it's not about the DOGS at all!) They can go do exactly what they want to do elsewhere where they do just fine; legitimate registries DO NOT have to recognize what they are doing to dogs in general with the worst exploitation of the APBT I've ever seen.