1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Uk dog food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by gog123, Jan 19, 2024.

1. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Just wondering what you boys are feeding yours? If barf who you using?

Back in the day I’d buy all the meat and bones n was a bit of a diy job. Gotta be honest I got two frenchies now n pure family pets obviously. Just had em on kibble as was easier than how I used to do things. Being pets I’m less obsessed and when out can easily just tell a family member to feed the dogs. These days though seems a few companies offering a barf diet all done for you. Eldest of mine is coming on 13 and don’t know if it’s that but seems to be eating bit less. The others even seems less keen on the kibble as well. Seeing the easier options like natures menu? Was wondering if it’s worth just switching to that.

That’s her aged 10,ain’t like I’m obsessed with having em fit either. Not the fat unable to breath types though. Just easy to keep pets that the family are happy to walk as well. DSC00174.jpg tn (15).jpg

oldguy likes this.
  2. reids skipper

reids skipper CH Dog

I feed wainwrights as a base ( soaked ) … mixed with our food ( leftovers )… never had any bother with it :)

Dusty Road and oldguy like this.
  3. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Pets at Home own brand, it's 30 quid a bag - Add green tripe, sardines or organ meat, they seem to do well on it.

Step up 1.jpg

reids skipper likes this.
  4. stedz

stedz Top Dog

Burns is good

oldguy likes this.
  5. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Cheers guys. Not a post mocking me for keeping frenchies either fuck me lol. Ain’t the type who’d lose my morals for a couple grand and pimp them like the failed council estate dealers with a merc on finance. Literally just wanted a dog everyone in the house could walk. Probably be a proper bulldog or malinois next, something you can do a bit more with.

Did have them on wainwrights but they went off it. I looked it up and saw they’d changed its ingredients. I always thought a hungry dog will eat in the end. Thing is rest of the family all make a fuss. I’ll have a look at some the others brands mentioned. Ain’t obsessed with their diet but wouldn’t wanna stick em on something completely shit.

thanks again

oldguy likes this.
  6. oldguy

oldguy CH Dog

Far as I'm aware, one of the best bulldoggers I met during 80's breeds Frenchies and Cockapoos now, another from same area in north east breeds EBT's.
    If you ask me, they're the guys who adapted and survived the reality of living in woke modern Britain, they showed intelligence and no hope for the rest of us!

gog123 likes this.
  7. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

Gotta be honest where I live now played a part in the decision. Much nicer area, here people actually walk past, smile and say good morning. Just normal really but compare to where I lived before it was weird at first. My old area people and the old bill was more interested in looking at the wanna bes and huge red nose cross breeds. Was basically just xl bullies before they was a thing. Walk your dog sensibly and no one took a second look at you.

Still you mentioning giving in to woke Britain makes it feel like curring. Your right though, won’t be long till we got nutters walking trans dogs. Course they’d have to be overweight as keeping a dog fit is cruel. Reminds me when a member from here who I used to go see as he lived local got a visit. They wanted to give him shit for having a mill and keeping his dogs fit. “You’ve got a treadmill” only for him to reply “you’ve got a pair of tits, so what?” Lol . Pains me to say it but the country is fucked and can’t see it getting any better. Then I sound all tinned foil hat when I think we haven’t got to where we are now by accident.

It’s an addiction though ain’t it. Can’t help but walk past a dog and wonder how it’ll look in shape. Or getting lost for a couple hours on peds online. Just looking at what dogs are about and dogs behind them or related in one way or another that you’ve seen. Or even looking at so called other working breeds and just thinking the breedings going on look shit. People making excuses rather than really looking at the dogs.

oldguy likes this.