1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UFC Tonight

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Chef-Kergin, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

so i watched the UFC on spike tv tonight.

my fav. match was war machine vs rollins. those two went at it till the end. war machine was down, but took advantage of an opening and finished his opponent.

way to win....come from the bottom and come out on top.

anyone else catch it?

i'm looking forward to chuck liddell's next match. he's not the most skilled fighter, but he won't give up for nothin.

2. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

CRAP! I knew I forgot something.....

How was the main event Clay whatever and the spanish guy. I wanted to see that fight bad.

3. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

I am also watching, the main event just ended. Jeez, what a freaking fight. War Machine was awesome also. Been watching UFC since number 1.

4. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Caught the quick recap they did. Anyone know when they'll replay that?

5. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Not sure. I would imagine they will though. I would highly advise you to check the main event...it was incredible. I cant wait till the 29th...GSP is gonna wreck Hughes...i hope. The Ice-Man is fading IMO. However, Silva has lost a step himself. I am gonna take Ice by knock out in second round.

6. Mr.Billfold

Mr.Billfold Big Dog

Silva is going to destroy Chuck.

IMO

7. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Been watching it. They're playin encore right now

8. jman11

jman11 King of the Valley

you guys ruined it!

Im in CA!

9. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

MAN, this war machine/rollins fight is frickin great

10. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

You must be outside your mind. CL is the baddest 205'r thats ever walked the face of this planet. Rampage had his # but every dog has his day...Iceman to the hilt. Game Bred Inc. Get you some. :)

11. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Watched them all but the one I wanted to see the most Guida/Huerta. Go scrounge the web quick before the UFC's minions start tearing videos down. LOL

Jrock/War Machine was a great fight. Had no idea when the ref was going to stop it, and who he was going to call it on. They both had pizza-face-itis. Hell of a job by War Machine, to counter and mount, when it looked like his tank was empty.

Silva/Liddell is a fight I would of liked to see 2-3 years ago. The only attraction now, is the names involved. Neither fighter is what they were a few short years ago. It would of been a brawl. Still might be, but neither are close to the top of their game anymore imo. War Wanderlei!

12. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

My thoughts exactly. Both are coming off a couple loses. Chuck just isnt the same...and quite frankly i dont think he will ever regain the belt. Since UFC bought Pride, the divisions are stacked. Wanderlei has beaten some great fighters...for those who dont know...he destroyed Rampage. But that was years ago. Rampage is totally different fighter now. I see this fight being totally a stand up fight, Chuck still packs a punch...and will probably hit em with one of those looping punches.

IMO the fight of the night will be GSP vs Hughes.

13. Chef-Kergin

Chef-Kergin Guest

i can't wait for gsp/hughes, either. both pretty technical fighters, imo. should be a good one.

war machine and rollins was a good bout. neither really had any inkling of going for submission....they just did the damage from the holds they were in (which rollins ended up on bottom most of the time, whether he went for the takedown, or not). what gave me goose bumps was watchin it in slow-mo on replay, when rollins almost had a rear choke on him, and war machine flipped over to his gaurd and just blew up and finished it off......it was great.

the guida/huerta was pretty good, too. a couple good kicks to the head will do anyone in, though.

kind of off topic, but did anyone see where Kimbo Slice was on some fightin show....it was on showtime, can't remember the name.....but had had some shit like a 19 sec. knock-out. the guy just hit the ground and covered, but he has to be swinging cinder blocks; he was also a replacement at the last minute. iono how may of that guy's fights i've watched on the internet, and they just do it toe to toe like a real street fight and i've seen him knock the snot out of plenty of ppl.

14. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Yeah i know all about Kimbo. He kinda has left the street fights for money thing. He know considers himself a MMA fighter. The guy can beat 9 out 10 average guys on the street. And if you watched all his fights, the competition was usually below average IMHO. He beat/ submitted Mercer, but he is way over the hill. If he fights anyone with some real talent...he will have problems in my opinion. I am not saying that the guy has no talent...but he is gonna have to work on his ground game intensely. His stand up is pretty good, good head movement and footwork. Also his conditioning is gonna have to be improved. But hey, the guy has a big following and a lot of fans...good for him...all from youtube vids

15. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

GSP has only had a month of notice to get ready for Hughes. Hughes has had 3 months to prepare. Granted he was expecting to fight Matt Serra, but it'll be a brawl regaurdless. I'm going to go with GSP on that one. I think CL is going to come in with something to prove against Silva. Didn't they fight already?

16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

What fight were you watching, Mercer absolutely whooped the shit out of Kimbo?

Even with the shennanigans going on by his corner. A rough cur, backed by a bunch of loud mouth tailtuckers. And yes, Kimbo took the count.

No respect for Kimbo. He's a novelty, the new Bob Sapp. Besides, the last guy he fought, was a can. Had been knocked out something like 10 times, horrible record, no name. Hell, he could of fought anyone that night and won, with the dive it appears his corner paid for.

Hughes/GSP has the ability to be a fantastic fight. I've been saying since the first match, GSP would get him next time around. He looked horrible his last match, that ko seems to have messed him up mentally pretty good. If he overcomes, and allows himself to showcase his ability, he will walk through Hughes. And I'm a huge Hughes fan!

17. Pipbull

Pipbull Top Dog

Kimbo is old, I wish he would have quit his street fights and actually done some serious discipline with his MMA fighting and he may have been awesome. I'd like to see him go against some pros now anyway, but I think he'd be screwed against any good technical fighter, as long as they can take a few of his punches. That dude is built like a tank.

I love watching all of GSP's fights, they never dissappoint. I honestly can't make any good call on his upcoming bout with Matt Hughes. Should be a great fight.

I think they mentioned something about how Chuck and Silva have already fought, but I didn't think that ever happened....

Time to search the web

ETA: I looked around and I don't think the 2 have ever fought before. But Silva did have some recent PRIDE fights, so lets hope he's not too banged up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  18. Dtwo

Dtwo Big Dog

Man the main event (guida/huerta) was awesome!

I think huerta underestimated guida's striking ability - guida had him hurt there for a bit. Huerta got him in the head with a few good knees, and that was all she wrote.
    I liked how they kept calling Huerta "game", lol.

So I take it nobody got Mayweather/Hatton?
    Bummer Hatton got beat - Mayweather is some kind of arrogant ass.
    I would have like to seen him taken out.

19. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Chuck and Silva never fought. They tryed on several occasions to get them signed, however it never happened. They would of fought in Pride years ago but Chuck lost to Rampage in tournament.

14Rock Kimbo made Mercer tap in the first round via choke. I am not sure if they fought twice.

GSP lost the first match to HUghes, via end of round submission.(at the bell). But i think GSP could have won that fight, he just got caught.
    The second time they fought George rocked Hughes.
    Not sure if all know that this will be there third fight.

Yup, the title got to GSP's head...Serra caught with good punch and finished. If they fight ten times, i take GSP 9 out of ten.

But GSP's last fight was great, he beat a good fighter in Koschek. Frankly, he dominated him.

20. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog