1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UFC Fans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 14rock, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jason r

jason r Big Dog

well marquardt submitted horn,noriagua(sp?) submitted silvia,and mir submitted lesnar.next month is the fight i really want to see.anderson silva vs dan henderson.also the serra vs gsp in april.

2. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Yeah, some crazy stuff last night. I cant wait for the Silva vs. Dan H. matchup. That a tough one to call, Dan has great power and solid chin. Silva has smooth effective strikes, and good submission skills. Hard to pick this one.

GSP will knockout Serra, no doubt in my mind.

3. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i agree.i think serra got lucky last time.

4. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Little Nog is a bulldog :)

Good fights last night, card didn't disappoint.

5. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

it's obvious that brock does'nt have the experience and did'nt fight intelligently.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thats a bunch of B.S.....did you even watch the fight? ive never seen a fighter deducted a point without a warning, and that saved Mir, cuz he was taking a serious beating. of course i figured Mir would win, but i was a little nervous the way the fight started. the only problem with Brocks plan is that 30 is a little old to start learning submission.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Brock picked up a hell of alot, in a very short time. He has a future, if he can stay ahead of the training curve. Lost, but looked damn good doing it.

The sub was legit on Mir's part, although an experienced fighter could of seen it coming 5 seconds before it did! Give him some time to recognize and avoid those mistakes, and thats a different fight.

Hell, leave em on the ground for Mir's pathetic attempts at drawing a warning, and the fight could of been finished a minute in. Brock threw clean punches, Mir was turning his head after they were thrown. Very disappointed in the refs/judges, but that seems to be a reoccuring theme lately.

8. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

yea b.s that why he admitted that he was overzealous and could have prevented a submission. :D

yea but i agree with you and 14rock about the ref's decision, he deducted and stopped brocks onslaught without warning, i thought he should have one also.

i like brock to win his next fight, he's a pure ball of aggression! i can't wait.

9. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I agree. That guy is a beast. He was throwing Mir around like a ragdoll and completely imposing his will at will. He got caught slipping and payed the price by having to tap agains an opponent that he should have, by all rights and purposes, smashed to bits. You have to remember, he was bad ass Div1A wrestler in college and he's being trained by the best of the best. He didnt have to start at the bottom in some 1/2 assed school with an instructor who has a purple belt in Jits. He was already a star so he went straight to the top. How many people have their MMA debut in the UFC? That shit is unheard of. Props to Mir though. He can take a pounding and keep his wits about him.

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

True, though Lesner was a HUNDRED pounds less. I think if Lesner is to have any chance in staying in the ring, the man needs to loose some LB's and TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN TRAIN. The fight didn't last that long, and did you see how he was straining to breath?! :rolleyes:

I personally don't care for ANY WWE or WWF (or whatever the fuck they call their soap opera wrestling) dude in the MMA ring. Its like putting a Gotti dog in with a game dog, all for show... NO THANKS.

11. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

I disagree. I don't hate on anyone doing what they have to do to make a living. WWE is fake, true enough. This guy had the balls to step into the UFC for his 2nd MMA fight EVER. That takes some cahones IMO. A little training and he's going to be a freight train. Watch and see. ;)

12. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I dont think it takes too large of cahones to step into the octagon for $250,000 for LOSING :eek: Shit, stick me in there with Fedor for that much!!

13. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Being 4x All American / 2x National Champion Wrestler and jumpining in the UFC without fighting through the ranks and being submitted is not a Gotti dog, not even close.

More like taking Mayday to the fast lane without ever schooling him

14. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Aint that the truth. I wasnt sure of his record at the college level. Thats one hell of a resume to be fluke. I think he'll do just fine. ;) Why hate on the man? He is a world class athlete by many standards.