1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UFC Fans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 14rock, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Atomic Dog

Atomic Dog Big Dog

I hope BJ beats down Sherk, would then like to see him matched up against Roger Huerta.

2. jason r

jason r Big Dog

huerta is up and coming but he leaves himself in harms way of being submitted all the time.he hasnt fought somebody like penn and penn would submit him in a heart beat if he makes the mistakes he has in the past.

3. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I agree, I really like Huerta, but he needs some more training for a good BJJ fighter like Penn.

I do really hope that Sherk can pull off the W. I think its very possible too, but obviously he will need to be on his A game if BJ comes out like his last fight. I think it was total horse shit that Sherk was stripped of his belt!

4. Penn cant match the stamina and strength of sherk and when your giving up that much weight because remember sherk is like a heavy weight he just fights at 155. If your giving up that much weight and endurance it will take a miracle to win.

5. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

You are forgetting that BJ fought @ 170 with the best of the best. Gave monsters like Hughes and GSP all they could handle. Also, remember i said if Penn comes in conditioned well. Your right, Sherk is a cardio freak....however, Penn will take him standing.

6. jason r

jason r Big Dog

anything can happen in the octagon.the fight could go either way.to totally cant penn out is just plain dumb.jmo

7. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Good point. Every dog has their day. There is no way you can count out a fighter like Penn... his overall skill level and intelligence in the otagon is umatched by 95% of the other fighters out there...in any weight class.

Can you tell that Penn is one of my fav. fighters:). Him & GSP, i always am willing to let everything ride on them.

8. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

BJ will out wrestle Sherk, Randy Couture couldnt take BJ down when they were training together

and Sean Roid Shark was stripped and proven to be a cheater.

he failed a drug test, FAILED!

bj is the champ, not interim either because Sherk was stripped. He wasnt even punished, he gets to fight for the title in his first fight after his suspension, lol

sherk will go down to penn

and I dont have a problem with Anabolics as long as both fighters test positive or theyre legal which isnt the case in US and why Pride was a better orgnization, they distributed drugs to their fighters and tests were not administered

Jeremy Horn has been passed by the new generation fighters, he's a prelim fighter at best these days, not a threat to top notch opponents, I dont think he should be on the cards anymore

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2008
  9. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I disagree with the Horn statement. While Horn is not a brawler by any means, his boxing is decent and clean, and he can most def. "hold his own" on the ground. I don't think he has been "passed up" by the new gen. of fighters, they are just a different style.

10. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Jeremy wasnt blessed with the most talent, he's worked hard and got himself as far as his talent will take him IMO, he was a doughy pudge ball when his MMA career began, he's come a long way but is not a threat to the elite. He's had a ton of hard fights and they've taken their toll as well as the younger fighters coming along being better and better

his generation of MFS fighters have been passed, that camp will never dominate like they once did, theyre old now

my opinion

11. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Yes Jeremy def. was a pudge ball LOL. I think the "problem" is Jeremy has been focused the last few years on getting his gym up and running, and training/cornering his fighters. He cannot train the way that he should for fights, has Jeremy lost talent? Hell no, does he need to dedicate himself to training? Hell yes if he is going to continue to fight. He has horrible eating habits while not training, which kills him when he takes last min. fights. I don't think he will be taking too many more fights, as he is just too busy now to dedicate himself the way he use to.

12. jason r

jason r Big Dog

dont know when that was but i find that hard to believe.wonder how hard couture was trying?comes to takedowns,couture usually has his way.

13. Yes standing I have to agree sherk lacks in that area but sherk has not shown all his strengths on the ground

14. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Yeh...Huerta is my man.....would love to see to my favs (BJ & HUERTA) go at it!

Huerta is also a good canidate to be a CH. and face for the UFC lightweight division.

Also remember K-Florian is right behind those guys and improving tremendously!

YIS

15. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

Frank Trigg on BJ vs Joe and Roid Shark

"Bj looked great of course. With him in shape and stronger then before. We saw the start of the bj we all thought would show up when he fought jens. It is a little to early to say the best ever or a pfp Speech but he is In The right direction. I just saw in my opion the number one vs. Number two with bj and joe. I think bj kills sherk. Sherks arms are to short for the stand up, sherk wins the wrestling but looses the bjj. If bj holds true. Then the cardio game is as close to even as you can get aganist sherk." "I'm sure with this post I will get flames and have to listen to people calling in tomorrow to taggradio. But I still say joe gave bj the best fight we will see for bj for a long time." (Frank Trigg)

16. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

17. jason r

jason r Big Dog

cote vs mcfedries,someone should get knocked out.robinson vs diaz should also be a decent fight.you gotta love free ufc fights.

18. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Love the free UFC too man.....but there only free as nobody would pay to see that card. But you know what...its always these type of fight cards that have to most action anf KO's!

YIS

19. jason r

jason r Big Dog

most of theses guys are still trying to be known.its like they got one foot in the door but need both in to be somebody.so they go out and bang.they try to put on a good show.

20. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Very true!