1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

UFC Fans

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 14rock, Jan 20, 2008.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Stevenson impressed the hell out of me last night. He put up a hell of a fight, and most importantly, showed deep game. Can't stop that kid, he kept scratching into the walls! The cut was obviously the beginning of the end, I don't know if I've ever seen anything like it.

Also Werdum won over Gonzaga. A different fighter in the second round, and won by ref stoppage. Gonzaga had not given up, was throwing elbows from the bottom, but sat there too long. I would of liked to see it go another 10 seconds or so, he wasn't being rocked THAT bad.

Some very good fights on the night. Thoughts?

2. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

BJ PENN is on a different level then Stevenson...but he was game.

What happened to Kendall Groove....that was an upset!

YIS

3. MinorThreat

MinorThreat CH Dog

When BJ is fighting at his correct weight (155) he's the best pound 4 pound, nobody schools Joe like that on the ground. I remember Joe showing to a BJJ tourney at 15yrs 160lbs and running through everyone, he even won open weight division, he's always been on fire and a respectable/polite person

Rivera obviously has been hitting the weights and I think its what he needed to elevate his game, his added body strength was obvious and the deciding factor is his demolishing Kendall

4. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Rivera did show alot more strength against Kendall.....but concerning BJ being on a different level, he was not only better in BJJ but has more overall experience in the octagon....I believe that played a deciding factor in the win.

5. tjpitbull

tjpitbull Big Dog

Once shirk fights him we wil see who is the best pound for pound.

I still think bj could get better cardio u see him hanging on evreybody after the fight?

6. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

BJ in prime condition, and mentally sharp, is almost untouchable. He looked phenomenal, but Stevenson proved alot to me, and it wasn't as one-sided as I expected.

Anyone else catch BJ licking the blood off his gloves post-fight? ROFL

7. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I was really rooting for Joe to come out with the win. IMO i think he would be a good champion, and a good face for the sport.

He's a really nice guy, came down here and trained for a bit. Joe's boxing looks like its improved quite a bit, but he needs to focus on that a little more i think to help him be a little more well rounded. And like Rock said, i just love his never quit attitude! Boys got some heart!! I cannot believe how quickly that started to bleed.

Im excited for the next UFC, Horn took a last min. fight against Marquardt... I hope he's conditioned enough in time! Jeremy's got some bad eating habits when not fighting lol

8. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Yeah, the Nate & Horn fight should be interesting. J. Horn better come conditioned...cuz you know Nate always does.

I give a clear advantage to Nate regarding the standup. However, Jeramy Horn almost never gets knocked out, or knocked down for that matter.

Ground games has gotta go to Horn. Guy has a million MMA fights under his belt. Although, Nate is no joke on the ground also, so i think Horn would probably have a tough time submitting him.

I am taking Nate via Tec. Knockout.:eek: Yeah i know many will disagree. I think Horn has lost a step.

9. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i'll take horn by submission.

10. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I say Horn by Sub or decission. :D

11. jason r

jason r Big Dog

ufc fight night wed.mike swick vs josh burkman,who do you take?i know who i think is going to win.i'm giving edge to j.b.

12. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

SWICK all the way. I cannot stand Burkman, he is a POS punk ass bitch. (Can ya tell i dont like the guy :D )

13. jason r

jason r Big Dog

i take it you had a bad run in with burkman.i personally dont know either one.are you picking swick cause you hate burkman or cause you think swick is all around better?

14. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

Swick will punish Burkman all day standing up. I bet the house on Swick. Knockout.

15. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

I actually dont care for either, but I think Swick is the better overall fighter.

It wasn't me that had a bad run in, it was a friends wife. He HEARD she was talking shit (which she wasn't), he saw her at a bar, walked up and spit in her face! Then Burkman was talking mad shit on Jeremy Horn & Jennifer Howe. Burkman thinks hes a god, when really he is just a pathetic little boy...

16. jason r

jason r Big Dog

spitting in a chicks face is just wrong and talking shit about horn is probably a retarded thing to do.

17. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

Funny thing was, he talked SO much smack on how Jeremy was a "horrible" fighter and bla bla bla, then they fought in a local show, Jeremy got him in a choke pretty much right away, and purposely let go. Then got him in another choke right away and made him pass the f*ck out... it was great :D To show what a weiney Burkman is, he STILL talked crap after getting choked out... Dont think he knows when enough is enough.

18. Miss Conduct

Miss Conduct CH Dog

19. The only person that can beat penn is sherk...

20. bullydogs

bullydogs Top Dog

LOL, I dont think so, but thats just my opinion. If Penn brings his conditioning with him...I cant think of anyone that can touch him right now...not even Sherk. I know sherk has those wrestling skills, however there are just too many ways for Penn to beat somebody.