1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

two males fighting HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by pitbull4.6, Oct 14, 2010.

1. SWB

SWB Pup

Its only normal doglanguage for fokk sake. He was only a pup at the time , growling and rolling on to his back. But the growling part was the genetics and heritage getting reminded, but since he was just a pup he rolled over. Nothing strange with that. I had a pup who used to scream and shout attacking her siblings and then run away scared. But when she got older she got her shit straighten out. I cant belive that peopole get shocked when there APBT´s fight. Like i would get surprised when my hunting dog starts hunt. :eek:

2. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Well mate you tested it. And these are your results. That dog will probably become more of a handful as it matures. Keep them contained and if possible out of each others sight! That pup will let the old man know who's in charge sooner or later and it's up to you to sort your shit out!

3. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

thanks for all replies, right now i have my pup in his own master bedroom, and have him caged. now when he comes out hes in a full cage muzzle. its been 2 day and they have had no contact, in the future i am going to try and get them walking together,but never again without full cages. i guess i would even like to see them able to walk around the house together (bolth in full cages) and supervised. then when ever not supervised or bed time comes, the pup goes to his room. i also did a pad lock on the door to prevent accidentally having him let out. for now he seems good in his room, but the minute there isnt anyone home, i put him in the cage(which is also locked) and the bedroom door is always locked. bolth cages i got still give almost full motion, able to bark but cannot bite in anyway. they will never be left alone with cages on either way, due to the chance they may get them off. thanks again for all replies.

4. Sampson1

Sampson1 CH Dog

Seems like you got it sorted out..But one thing Cesar doesnt seem to understand is APBTs dont fight for dominance. Your Blue dog maybe because he's a petbull but if the "little guy" is down from Alligator dogs he has no inclination to be dominant. there not a wolf pack and they wont think like a wolf pack. there a unique breed bred to be the way they are and you ended up adopting more then you signed up for. Can it be trained out of him I dont know as i havent seen the dog. But trying is just putting your old dog in danger when it can be avoided. Like dream said remember all the times you talked big shit about your dogs coexisting together without problems and we said it wouldnt work with real bulldogs? this is your wake up call. There was no warning because the young dog didnt wanna dominate the old he wanted to fight/kill him. open your eyes and accept the breed im sure you love your blue dog but dont in anyway compare him to a Gamebred APBT in temperment or your setting yourself up for failure

5. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Fear aggression.

6. PIt4life

PIt4life Banned

Muzzling him while having them together, great idea. The dogs will never be safe together again so never let them be together, either crate and rotate, kennel, or chain apart. These are APBTs not pet bulls, pittie witties, etc. If you want dogs that will be able to stay together then rehome the pit bulls and get a labrador or golden retriever.

petbull haha.

7. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

Thats a negative on the labs/golden retrivers lol. No I think I learned that the petbull will be the family/house dog, and the pup will be caged and muzzled when let out. When I take them running they will be ran seperately, so that the pup can run without the muzzle. Thanks again, my eyes are wide open now....

8. pitbull_24

pitbull_24 Top Dog

I was thinking the same thing, Iv had a dog that I personally couldnt pry the mouth open, but my fiance could. Plus yours is only a puppy, I just dont see ANY puppy having a mouth stronger than a man.

9. Buck E. Owens

Buck E. Owens Banned

if you have a back yard chain him up, he will have more room than a house kennel, and as for the other dog, you should chin him up too on other side of the yard, or if he shows no intrest in fighting leave him off, but i'd chain both

10. The dog is 11 months old. I guess you've never had anything but a bunch of mush mouths then. I would have given anybody a $1000 to open any of my dogs mouths during a dog fight @ 11 months old. You can forget that shit. The only way they was gonna open was with a stick, or if they wanted to.

11. Midnight Cowboy

Midnight Cowboy Big Dog

I agree with Boogie on this.. My big bitch you would never be able to pry off with your hands. Go get a breakstick and a proper chain setup as Buck suggested it will save you a lot of headache. Good luck

12. Zoe

Zoe CH Dog

Pfffttt... Cesar. :rolleyes: I've seen more scraps on his show than I've had in the past 18 years handling my dogs. Gotta wonder how many scraps go on that they DON'T air!

13. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

thats what i was thinking.

14. MISSAPBT

MISSAPBT Top Dog

My neighbour smashed my dog around the head with a metal pole numerous times to break up a yard fight at home.

:cuss:

15. catchw8

catchw8 Big Dog

All i gotta say is seperation btw your younger dog has turned on and does not fight for dominace but for fun...shoot ill take him im lookin for a male anyway and if his bloodline is alligator i want him bad lol

16. chaser71

chaser71 Banned

I think you should have stuck to just the blue dog in the first place! You are askin' for trouble with 2 males inthe same place!

17. PitsR#1

PitsR#1 Pup

It sounds like an intact male APBT might be the wrong dog for you. I'm sure it seemed like a good idea but a real APBT and the couch hippo are very different dogs.

18. quinny

quinny Big Dog

I dont doubt most grown men have the strength to do so. But I don't reckon it'd be about strength much at all. More so losing your digits in the process!!

19. Poisoned

Poisoned Big Dog

Yep.. My own dad had to - it was a 2+ year old bulldog bitch on a little mutt. HE got her mouth open - 1 broken finger and 18 punctures later. It's not that extraordinary.

20. pitbull4.6

pitbull4.6 Big Dog

do you think hippos dont have the same traits.... If i wasnt there to get my big blue off, I would have had a dead pup. The blue took a nasty bit on the leg, but followed up with putting the pups whole head in his mouth and started shaking. The big thing was that as soon as I gained control of my blue, that was it, he didnt care to continue.
    My pup on the other hand still isnt finished. Its been 6 days and the bad blood is still there. If i had a choice of which dog I had to control, it would be the pup, My blue is way to strong and big to deal with sometimes, when he gets like that.