1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

turpins blue trouble and the falin line

Discussion in 'APBT Bloodlines' started by strom22, Aug 5, 2006.

1. strom22

strom22 Pup

i am getting a dog from turpins blue trouble line and the falin line , i was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this line , or if they have ever had one or had seen one pull?

2. truegames

truegames Big Dog

I have a male with some falins blood in him he seems to be very atheletic but I've never tried pulling with him.He was also very easy to train I adopted him when he was 5 months and he had never been taught anything he learned the basics in about a week.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  3. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Your getting dogs before researching the line. That seems backwards to me but maybe I am just weird.

4. NO that seems normal......I think thats what being discussed in another thread......What is becoming of this breed? Everybody wants this and that and thinks this is the best and knows absolutely nothing about what they are getting into! no offence to anyone.........but please do this breed and everybody that cares for this breed a favor, and do the research BEFORE you get the dog! Doesn't that make more sense????????

Sorry folks I guess I am just venting.......It gets frustrating sometimes!

5. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

Why "cheese and rice" I think it does, I really think it does...wow maybe im not so weird...lol.

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

Turpin's Blu Trouble (yes, his name is spelled "blu trouble" not "blue trouble") is a blue & white staff cross. His weight is 64lbs was whelped around the mid '90s.

He is sired Noble's Blaze of Glory, a dog of pure AmStaff breeding & out of Minter's Miss Sheba, who was Watchdog/Art bred. I did the figures once & found that Trouble is about 3/4ths staff.

The TNT line from S. Turpin was based on Blu Trouble & his mother Sheba.

Trouble is pointed in both weight pull & the conformation ring. He is also a 3xw but the overwhelming majority of serious fanciers think the reports were faked. In fact, the former owner of the SDJ flat out refused to give Trouble a CH. cetificate even though all his goes were SDJ reported.

However, I got it straight from S.Turpin herself that all the goes were legit, but she hooked into the 1st dog that came along, so all her early goes - to include all of Trouble's - were into do-nothing dogs. As a result, while blue dog fanciers love to hype up Trouble's wins, no reputable dogmen take the Turpin/TNT line seriously.

The good news is that ST did learn from that & some reputable dogmen saw her most recent champion, a dog named Grim go & had nothing but good things to say about him. But that may be b/c Grim is a black dog. If he were blue, the reviews may have come back different.

An interesting side note - now that ST has put more emphasis on true gameness, she is producing fewer & fewer blues in her program as well

Most other blue lines are overdone, non-standard leash orniments that don't have the drive to catch a mouse. And most carry health defects to boot. The Turpin line however is for the most part conformation correct, healthy & drivey.

If you're into blues IMO it's one of the best blue lines out there, even though it is staff bred. The only other blue blood I'd place above it might be the blue Skull dogs & the Talamo blood.

As for the Falins, they are super nice ppl who seem to focus on weight pull. Their dogs are TNT & TNT crosses.

Hope this helps! [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2006
  7. strom22

strom22 Pup

lets back up and punt here people who are getting on my ass. i know about the line i was just wanting to know what yalls thoughts on the line of dogs is and if you have had any personal experiances with the line. i didnt know if any of yall might have somemore intresting information i might not know about. OK!!!!!!!! also thank you to the people that gave some information . i appericate it.

thank you

8. misterdogman

misterdogman CH Dog

i am getting a dog from turpins blue trouble line and the falin line , i was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this line , or if they have ever had one or had seen one pull?

The above statement does not show that you already know about the line, if you did you wouldnt need to ask if anyone can tell you anything about them because you would already know it and I would also think you would have seen one pull...maybe next time be more specific. So if you know all about them and the line I guess all your questions in this thread have been answered.
    <!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

9. Evil_Elvis

Evil_Elvis Big Dog

It has been stated more than once by people involved with Blu trouble that the dog did not go into anything spectacular..

10. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I heard from ST herself that Trouble went into the 1st dog she could find & she admitted to me she should have found better comp. That was well AFTER she sold me some pups BTW. :rolleyes:

All TNT's early goes were into fluffs, to include Trouble, Buckshot, Blu Rowdy, Amber Blu, Cinnamon Blu & Tequila Sunrise among others. From what I understand all her reputable goes started w/ Grim.

However, in ST's defense, I will say at least she was doing SOMETHING w/ her dogs. 99.9% of blue owners out there just have pretty blue leash oriments who will never see a hunt, ever.

But no, Trouble did not go into anything reputable. And again, many doggers think the reports were faked outright. Is that true? Well, no one can say for sure. If they know, they ain't talking.

I do know I still have a paper sent to me where she was trying to sell me 2 ADBA reg. blue & white pups by Blu Rowdy & out of Tequila Sunrise for $250. Both are allegedly 1xw'ers sired by Blu Trouble, an alleged 3xw. Seems pretty fishy selling pups off two 1xw'ers who are both sired by a 3xw for $250.

But on the flip side of the coin when I heard about the mess surrounding Trouble she offered to give me references who saw his goes. Why would she do that if she were lying?

One of the reasons given by JK for refusing to issue trouble a CH. slip was b/c RB saw Trouble at a show & said he looked "too clean." I have seen the dog myself & he did look pretty clean. But good aftercare can account for that. When I approached ST about it she also told me that Trouble didn't sustain much damage in his hunts, which would also account for his clean look.

ST says all the hoopla began when she & RB got into a public tiff after she said in the PBR that staffs & pit bulls were the same breed. She said they were while he of course said they weren't. But before that ST was a frequent contributor to the PBR & nothing was ever said about her or her dogs.

RB acknowledges this, but goes on to add that all TNTs "wins" started showing up after his assertion that staffs aren't game dogs. I asked her about this & she said she had done local stuff just to game test her stock but decided to start hunting outright to "prove" her staff bred dogs could cut the mustard too.

So who knows?

As for personal experices w/ the line, I once had 2 littermate pups that I got from TNT. The male was extremely drivey, so much so that at 5 weeks he attacked & killed a fellow littermate & had to be separated from his litter. At 8 weeks he would attack grown dogs & almost put an eye out on one of our adults. Sadly, he was stolen from a friend of ours to whom we sold him (he made an offer we couldn't refuse on the pup) so I don't know how he turned out as an adult. The female was a terrible spook who was nothing but a pretty face. So I guess they are like any other kennel out there, they produce both good & bad.

If you have TNT dog, get ready to put in some work & grow you some thick skin, b/c I'm telling you as a former owner of TNT dogs most serious doggers think ST &/or her dogs are a joke. As I mentioned before many blue fanciers think the line is the cat's meow, but once you get out into the real world of pit bulls some ppl will write you & your dogs off as soon as they hear the name TNT or Turpin. Even if you have a good dog it is likely to be written off as a fluke & you are going to have to work twice as hard (if not more!) to get any respect from serious fanciers.

As a side note, neither of our pups was blue. Both were brindle & white, sired by Lucky To Be Here (Blu Rowdy x Tequila Sunrise) & out of Honey Bear (Blu Trouble x Lucy Jane Pain).

We got both ADBA reg. for $300. Pretty strange if you consider that Lucky was once said to be a 1xw. His sire Rowdy is said to be a 1xw sired by Trouble & his dam was also said to be a 1xw sired by Trouble. Honey Bear was also sired by Trouble. Yet they sold the pups for $150 ea.??

Was it b/c they weren't blue? Or was it b/c there is some funny business going on? Or was there another reason we don't know about?

Things that make ya go hmmmmm ... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2006
  11. pitbulllvr25

pitbulllvr25 Big Dog

oops! :D

Just noticed this was an old thread...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2007