1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tupelo to tighten dog laws due to attack

Discussion in 'Laws & Legislation' started by ABK, Aug 21, 2007.

1. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I saw on the news today that there is a petition out to tighten Tupelo's BSL due to a recent attack on a woman & her pet by 5 loose "pit bulls." They showed a picture of one of the dogs & guess what it was??? A bluff. :(

The woman was hurt, probably by trying to protect her dog or intervine in the fray. The woman who witnessed the attack said the dogs snatched the pet dog right out of the woman's arms & killed it. :(

2. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Here we go again. :(

3. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

do you have a link so we could see the picture?I wonder if they really were just "loose" dogs.Here we have packs of wild stray dogs that do terrorize people,wonder if that was the situation.If so they should be more inclined to get tough of the problem of starys and not waste time targeting pet owners with their bullshit to give a few dumbasses a false sense of security.

4. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

I looked for a internet link but couldn't find one. What I saw was on the local nightly news.

5. They should have the story on our local news website archives.

6. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

That's what I thought too. I'll look again tomorrow.

7. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

This is something that has bothered me greatly for a long time. The majority of the problems seem to be caused by dogs that are not under the control of an owner. This could easily be solved by implementing laws or enforcing existing laws in regards to containing animals. Breed has nothing to do with loose/stray animals. It happens with all types. If owners were controlling their animals at all times, the majority of the crap you hear about would never have happened in the first place. Why public officials even think that spending money on new laws that will cost more when challenged in court is an efficient way to do business with our tax dollars, when existing laws would require only a fraction of the amount to enforce adequately, I'll never understand.

8. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog

Was this the story about the "pit bulls that 'broke into' the woman's house through her doggie door to come and attack her" ? I heard a story like that this morning on my local radio, didn't remember where it was but sounds similar. Sounded ludacris to me.
    Is there a link? Sorry if I missed it.

9. RightHandImp

RightHandImp Big Dog