1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

true or not??

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by pittfallin, Feb 1, 2007.

1. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

this guy is telling me that his 80lb dog is a sibling of this dog, he also told be that his dog is ukc reg. and i believe that these dogs are frim the adba right...
    also he told me that he got his dog from a small time kennel and i dont think that a dog with this bloodline would come from a small kennel.
    what do yall think

heres the ped. of the dog he says is his dogs brother
    http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/public/printPedigree.php?dog_id=226105

thats for your help

2. Attila

Attila Guest

80 pounds. Nope I don't think so. He has a mutt.

3. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

thats what i keep telling him, and get this...his come bcake is that im mad because my dog only weighs 55lbs on the chain, which to him means i got the runt of the litter....lol...thats a well breed dog in that ped. i dont thing a dog from that ped. would weigh 80lbs

4. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

ar'nt those adba lines

5. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

well, anyone have any input

6. WWII

WWII Banned

There are no "ADBA" lines. What you're thinking of is game lines. In general, the ADBA is more game dog oriented and the UKC is more show dog oriented, but you can register the same dog in both registries. It's possible to have an 80lb pit bull. The dog could also be fat and underworked. Although the weight is high, there is no set weight standard. As long as the dog is in proportion, it's fine. So, it's entirely feasible that the guy is telling the truth.

7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

True. If he bought the dog from a "small-time kennel", tightline does not fit that bill however. Maybe that is a sibling to a parent?

8. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

no, what im talkinmg about is those bloodlines in those particular peds. are dogs that are with the adba.
    i know how all that works
    ive seen a pic of his dog, its just a big dog, not real fat.
    and i didnt think that that particular blood would throw that big of a dog because ive seen alot of dogs from that blood ,but never and 80lb one...lol
    my dog is an adba dog, i just got her dual reg with the ukc.
    i think hes lying, in the pic its a guy thats using a big ass chain and a padlock as a collar...hes a joke

9. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

this guy is saying that the sire and the dam of the dog in the ped. that i posted are his dogs same sire and dam...that the dog in the ped. and this guys dog are brothers
    he didnt send me this link, he tolg me his dogs sire and dam and i looked it up on online ped....this is what i found

10. WWII

WWII Banned

And can also be with the UKC and AADR and a number of other registries. I'm just saying that the guy could have registered the dog with the UKC by showing the ADBA paperwork. And I don't think it's that common for someone to spout off those particular dogs as parents unless they know a little something about game dogs. They aren't the big BYB names that are given most of the time, and for someone to name 2 particular dogs like this shows they must know a thing or two about the dogs. Ask for a ped.

11. ABK

ABK Rest In Peace

There are some big Boudreaux dogs out there. The Rocky Biter line for example throws big dogs.

As your buddy being FOS, I dunno. I once bought a pup who's parents were 50 lbs (sire) & 45 lbs (dam) & all his littermates were in the 50 lb range. But at maturity my pup was 83 lbs! I think the reason he got so big was b/c we free fed him hi-pro dog food.

That was a mistake I never made again. And we've never had a dog that big since. lol.

12. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

the guy was really hesident to give me a ped. i ask him at least 10 times before he finally gave me the names of these two dogs. hell, he dont know to much, he thinks dogs that are the size of mine(50-55lbs)must be the runt of the litter. and that big dogs are the better dogs af the new generation and that the old style dogs are to little and not as good as his 80lb dog

13. WWII

WWII Banned

Well, there's only one thing to do;)

14. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

The dog could be 80 lbs and still be bred that way, its not impossible. Improbable, yes.

I also would have to call B.S on him owning a son of Skull unless he is/was a serious dogger. Impossible, no, but unlikely. The average joe isnt looking for a dog off a ROM/POR dog unless he has been educated somehow and/or he does something with his dogs besides brag on them.

Maybe someone bought it off tightline and resold it to him? That is possible.
    Either way, it doesnt matter if the dog is sittin around collecting dust. Might as well just buy a pedigree and save money on dog food.

15. WWII

WWII Banned

That made me giggle like a school girl...

16. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

made me giggle also, then made me upset and angry......lol

17. WWII

WWII Banned

Strong 51/50

18. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Yeah, PCP will do that to ya too.

19. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

51/50??...whats that?

20. pittfallin

pittfallin Top Dog

pcp makes me and the voices happy...lol...