1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Treats

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bryce, May 27, 2007.

1. Bryce

Bryce Big Dog

What Are Some Healthy Treats I Can Use For My Pup For Training

2. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

For training I use cheese sticks or hotdogs to get them REALLY interested, or I use a toy reward for Java because he's not food motivated and he works harder for it. If you want to go with biscuits, I do home made ones, or theirs mother hubbard treats you could break up into smaller pieces for training.

3. Bryce

Bryce Big Dog

Ok,thanks For The Help I Might Try It !!!

4. pittychick

pittychick Big Dog

Yea, mine prefer hotdogs (and the smell gets them all excited lol). But I use cheese in instances where I need to get the dog to go away from me that way they can see it easier against a darker surface (grass or when at agility the mat on the floor). I'm actually testing different recipes because I want to open an all natural/organic treat business (not just for dogs). This made me realize that there is actually a need for small training ones. I've never noticed there aren't any really good treats out there the right size for training. So yea, thanks! lol!

5. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I've seen cheese (mainly string cheese) and hot dogs used a lot. I use store-bought stuff, usually either the Bil-Jac liver treats or DVP Natural Balance (the stuff in the big sausage roll; I cut it into cubes).

6. Old Timer

Old Timer CH Dog

with treats the tastier the better.cheese is used a lot as is peices of balled up hamburger meat,chicken nugget peices,pieces of cooked liver or heart,little peices of bacon anything that is fatty and real tasty.use your imigination as long as it doesn't hurt the dogs like chocolate and such you will be ok.myself i prefer using pats on the head and praise but treats are fine to.

7. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

i use beef liver cooked and chopped up..or chedder cheese cut in little cubes..

8. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

my dogs will do anything for peanut butter.Im sure i could cover a rock in it and they would eat it.

9. Bryce

Bryce Big Dog

Thanks Guys(and Girls) For The Help

10. pejay

pejay Big Dog

I mostly use cheese and sometimes small bits of black bread moisten in some oil.

11. CRG

CRG Top Dog