1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

trash talk on camelot

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by MOJ, May 20, 2010.

1. act284

act284 Big Dog

right...and ill take my chances with more proven strains than an unknown...of course knowing I could be wrong and shocked as well

2. MOJ

MOJ Pup

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

in the early 90s they became popular in my hometown, and were crossed into some good dogs that were the results of a few old fellas life work. shame really, and i NEVER saw any benefit unless you like big manbiters. it didnt seem to matter what they were crossed into, i saw litter after litter of big red dogs produced. strong genetics. these were the dogs i guess some would refer to as "old Camelot" stuff off of The Duke and a littermate of his i cant and dont care to recall the name. never impressed me, and this was the days around my way when all the young guys (me included) would load up dogs included, to go to the sand pits to swim, drink beer and have a good time. i saw plenty of them mutts get curred out in minutes by dogs half their size when some smartass decided he had a big "badass" boy, and would roll up and let his dog bail out with no leash. :rolleyes:...feed what you feed, but some things that was said is a bit biased and has been proven wrong soooo many times.

4. benthere

benthere CH Dog Staff Member

I believe it, I don't doubt your big dogs do well hunting hog. and I don't doubt they would "stand" when toe to toe with a real bulldog.

5. ManiacKennel

ManiacKennel Big Dog

i just wanna say breed what u wanna feed what makes u say dam but me personally would never own that big of dogs let alone breed them how those dogs got that big threw time is beyond me not saying a big dog has no worth bigest boy i ever bred in 12 years was 60 lber now he was one the best dogs i ever owned that being said i always hated his size and bred him to way smaller bitches and i rember i did breed him to 45 lb bitch and they threw a 80 lber now he was very fit for 80lbs he was just tall but lean he was a good dog never tested so cant tell u how he was performance wise anyhow i also owned a rascal/lonzo/ofrn bitch that had ozzi white paw in her ped she was a beast now the ofrn in her was about 35 % and from some decent dogs.anyways u chances of having game dogs that can race into true fastlane is possible just not probable now u might have some in hog dogs so good luck keep hunting

6. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

can an someone into ofrn explain this. I was told the story but dont want to mess it up, im wasnt to worried about it so i didnt really stick in my head. There are more than one camelot lines. I think one has an "'s" and is more of a peddled line than a show line:confused:
    I looked on your ped and saw many different camelot. Camelot kennels, camelot pits, camelot and camelots.... and so on
    IDK the difference tbh

7. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i moved this to Breeder discussion, so maybe kennels and the differences of their dogs can be discussed. i dont want bashing kennels..... just maybe we can see there are some that dont quite look like they did 15 years ago. http://www.castlekingkennel.com/males.php

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

as for the name Camelot kennels, thru another thread awhile back i remember reading the guy in tennessee isnt the guy who "created" the line. hes just using the name. i could be wrong....where are the closet bully lovers? BWAAAAAAAA...and yes, THIS IS STILL GAME-DOG.com

9. ben brockton

ben brockton CH Dog

that's a damn shame they breeding them crippled dogs.

10. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

thats what they are supposed to be. a fella PM'd me on PBC when i was moding over there and the name was the same, Stump was there, but the site had different graphics. gargoyles or some shit. needless to say i told him to RUN! it is funny that the peds arent up anymore

12. cutt

cutt CH Dog

Maybe Bob Rooster will have some input considering hes feeding dogs frm that stuff.

13. MOJ

MOJ Pup

my dogs look nothing like them dogs on them sites same gene pull, i guess, but, my dogs are no where that big. like i said my female runs a little heavy, but my male is closer to 50 and i swear 10 of it is in his head. i used to hunt with fellas, and we'd bring our bay dogs out, and our bull dogs, then it got to where they would just bring their bay dogs, cause my dogs were just to gritty, and wanted to scratch rather than hut. my dogs turn into methodical machines on a hog, but on other dogs, they turn into the damn devil. please dont take that the wrong way, i dont go out of my way for that to happen, but in the heat of a hunt, it does happen from time to time. I cant say weather or not there man biters, they have never shown any aggression twords man. Ive never had anyone come into their pen without me. now if you were stupid enough to try and go in there pen with out their owner...youd probably deserve to get bit.

14. BustaH

BustaH Top Dog

With respect I dont see the point of and [I wonder what the motive is] to go on a gamedog site and say something like 'my camelot' will stand toe to toe with the best game bred dogs out there. I mean words are cheap and ego strokes are free. I've seen all this before, with the Kangol ppl bla bla bla etc etc etc. whatever you do just do you. do you REALLY need to convince others that what you have is worthy?, like others have said if they do the job you need em for...good enuff.:)

Good luck with your dogs btw.;)

15. AGame

AGame CH Dog

i havent seen not one single dog of BR's that even resembled those bullys so im pretty sure he aint feeding dogs bred down from that stock

16. IRONHIDE

IRONHIDE Big Dog

i think there is a diffrence you see these people that started this line evidently thought they could take some decent stock like for instance ouzi white paws and stick her with some oversized bully stuff and end up with some big game dogs of course they were wrong at first they were ok but then well they wanted bigger and as you can see what they are now if BR has some cam it may be off of the old stuff not the new CRAP.....

17. fblb

fblb Top Dog

I agree totally BustaH...seems like this guy is just trying to come on here trying to convince everyone else how competent or capable your "dogs" are. All you are doing in pounding your chest, and trying to inflate your animals to a plateau that they are not on (game dog territory). Your dogs might be good hog dogs, but I doubt they could hold their own in the fast lane competition. These are the same kind of people that will never make a ripple in the world of the game dog other than on an online forum, lol. Good way to start off your forum record by the way. Best of luck with your animals.

18. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

benthere said it best.......lmfao

19. AGame

AGame CH Dog

the way i see it is if they are wanting everyone to know how good there dogs are there must be some reasoning behind it im going to go with peddling these mutts to make a dime i personally want the best dogs around to but i could care less what the next man thinks of my stock now dont get me wrong its nice to have people admire your work in producing nice stock but for my own personal reasons i wouldnt want it to come with the label of being called a peddler or being trash talked about by people who really do not know me or my dogs

20. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

good post agame!