1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Training to be a service dog?

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by xTiffany, Sep 3, 2012.

1. xTiffany

xTiffany Banned

Nita.jpg New Image.jpg Picture 004.jpg
    This is my Pit Bull/Lab mix, she's about to be a year old on Sept. 28th.
    I want to train her to be one of those dogs that you can take to the old folks homes and to hospitals to see sick kids. Someone said it's called a service dog? I'm not quit sure. Does anyone know if she's to old to be trained for that? Should I have started as a puppy? Although she is only a Pit Bull mix, I would love to help better the looks and thoughts of Pit Bulls in others eyes. I want to help change peoples minds, and this is the one thing I could think of besides raising her right. Which I am doing. She is a wonderful dog, she adores children as well as adults, shoot, she loves everyone :) Can I get some advice please?
    Thank you for reading. I appreciate it. :D

2. xTiffany

xTiffany Banned

3. You are wanting to train your dog to be a therapy dog. Here is a good start Therapy Dogs Inc.