1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Training a pit

Discussion in 'Training & Behavior' started by whomeee, Jan 16, 2010.

1. whomeee

whomeee Pup

Next week I am rgoing to foster a pit puppy that is 3 months and a pit lab mix that is a year. Ive trained a pit mix befor but not a pure bred for obedience is there anything I should be aware of wipitth the pure bred aside from age. The mix that i trained befor was very easy to train is that tipical of the pit? Any help would be apreciated I would like to place a well behaved dog when we do find her a new home.

2. DrGonnzoe

DrGonnzoe Pup

The typical apbt's that you get from shelters or rescue places are most likely not game bred therefore should be easier to train you cant be for sure though. Im guessing that your going to have to keep them inside if your going to be fostering. The main thing I would worry about is the pup chewing on EVERYTHING. Just find some toys he likes that will keep him content (for a little while ha). Training wise I think you should be alright they're really eager to please.