1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

training a cautious dog to run on a carpet mill???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by bluedoglover, Dec 30, 2015.

1. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

i'm going to build a carpet mill for my bitch now that i've got some extra cash. but i'm a bit concerned about getting her on it. she's very object cautious. getting her to run will be a real challenge. has anybody ever gotten a dog like this on a mill? i'm thinking food may get her running. but even then...

2. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Feed her for a couple days on top of it maybe That would help. I also tried hanging a bowl off the treadmill sorta like the horse and carrot thing. or try another dog on it and have her watch or if all else fails put something she really wants to get directly in front of the mill

3. bluedoglover

bluedoglover Top Dog

well food she'll just try to eat and then attack me if she doesn't get her way. if she sees another dog on it lol, she'll try and kill it. but the feeding idea may work.

4. wicked13

wicked13 CH Dog

Don't let her get close just see or visa versa the dog thing