1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tosa Inu

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bull and Terrier, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

The dog was probably athos then, it was outside in the field right? The owner's of the black brindle dog picked him up and he didn't cur, tano was trying to pin him down and he backed away to avoid being pinned to the floor. He didn't cur, when tano was on top of him, he kept on holding on and was trying to push up even on the bottom. Eventually at about the 30 min mark the owners just conceded and the owners separated the two. If you looked closely, you'll see the black dog still trying to get at Tano and Tano the same. Tano definitely bested him no questions asked but the other dog did not cur nor was he tired, he just lost. Don't get me wrong, I fully agree with you that these larger dogs give apbts a hard time, but I've never once seen a pit get tired before these bigger dogs. None of these dogs have more wind or stamina than an apbt that is properly conditioned. I also agree that these dogs give apbts a lot of problems with their wrestling and head holds. Look at these matches, often times if the match is over 15 mins., these bigger dogs are already tired with the exception of light (75-100) to middle (100-150) weight tosas. If the match is more than 15 mins. the apbt is most likely the winner, but within that 15, under their rules, the apbt will normally be the loser if it is not over the 15 min mark more or less.

2. damon

damon Banned

The best fighting dog in the world is either a top catchweight pitbull or a champion tosa, and to be honest neither dog is odds on to beat the other. No way in hell do I believe in don mayfields fantasy stories of 38lb pitbulls killing tosas in short order with throat holds, it ain't going to happen

3. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

I hate to even comment on this thread.. Who gives a fuck about this? Even a fastlane catchweight bulldog would be going uphill a hell of a lot into these tosas. Pound for pound the baddest fighting animal on earth is the APBT.

4. damon

damon Banned

Simples don't comment on it then, they don't give away too much weight to some lightweight tosas. Pound for pound is a load of shit, let's don't forget that by the likes of Stratton and co the pit is untouched regardless of weight which in all honesty is bullshit. I'd rather have the dog that is king of all canines rather than the pound for pound king.

5. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

Get the hell out of here..listen in most cases a "few" pounds is a HUGE disadvantage. Don't tell me it doesnt make a difference. And chances are youre talking about a 10lb or more difference. You go enjoy the "king" of all canines. LMFAO

6. damon

damon Banned

Isnt the pitbull the breed with the ancient history of fighting behind it? Surely 10 pounds is nothing when facing as you guys call them a fat useless cur breed that cant fight its way out of a wet paper bag?

7. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Size does matter, who ever thinks size dont matter at all is a retard LOL.

A adult male Lion is called the king of the jungle but he cant beat a adult bull elephant, why? because of the size of the elephant , he is just too big.

If size didnt matter then there wouldnt be any weight classes in MMA , Boxing , Wrestling or any type of one on one combat sport.

Plus the lesser the weight of the subject the higher the percentage ratio becomes and matters more.

8. Mr.Revolution

Mr.Revolution CH Dog

i just watched on youku a tosa wrestle the shit out a pit only to get tired and try and run away with the pit hot on his heels.If its a fight to the death the tosa would have died.He was wrestling the shit out of the pit but its he who tired first and the pit seemed like the match just started

9. damon

damon Banned

My arse, i bet its the match of a tosa with some pit/tosa mix

10. damon

damon Banned

Theres a big difference between man and dogs, bulldogs are bred for their gameness, man is not. Offcourse size is a factor in tosa vs pitbull matches, but that isnt the only reason a tosa can defeat a pitbull on a regular basis

11. jt ellison

jt ellison Big Dog

Ioften wonder were people get the ideah that other breeds can whip a pitbull , your talking about a dog weighing around 130lb beating a 52lb pitbull , what would happen if the weights were even ? I remember Mayfield sending dogs in the early seventies to Japan to Shin Suzuki who was one of the top Tosa fighters in Japan , the dogs he sent became the most famous in Japan defeating dogs that outweighed them by near 100lbs , it was the same when Carver sent dogs they cleaned up with matches attracting 10000 people . I saw videos at Mayfields of the Gar dog he sent to Japan being matched into Tosas and they chucked him around for ten mins then were lied out like stranded seals and quit . At the end of the day Tosas are not game they cant fight and to compare them to pitbulls is like comparing some fat 350lb Sumo to a Lenny Mclean or a Fedor Emelianko , there allright under Sumo or Japanese rules but cant compete in a real fight , all i can think is that people who think like this have never owned a real gamedog .

12. damon

damon Banned

Typical bullshit reply, I'd like to see just one video of a pitbull destroying a tosa. Like I said its not just the size that counts otherwise every 100lb + dog would have a real shot at a pitbull. Read plenty of dons preachings before and if he told me the sky was blue I'd look up and check. I've spoken to dogmen who actually match both and he assured me it would be suicide to match an average sized pitbull into a tosa

13. Cadibuck

Cadibuck Big Dog

^^^This is the real bullshit reply..The Tosa is a real fighting breed, we all know that. Saying that any 100lb dog would have a real shot at a bulldog is plain retarded. The only way a Tosa could ever beat a good bulldog would be due to the size advantage..Thats it!! Men have lost forfeits over very lil weight. Don't say it doesnt matter because its the only factor in this discussion, otherwise the Tosa is completely outclassed as a combat dog.

14. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

WTF does the differences between man and dogs and Gameness have to do with SIZE???? LMAO Your analogies have nothing to do with size LMAO.

Funny how you said size is a factor , yet couldnt give NO OTHER REASONS to back up your statments LMAO.

15. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

I use to watch matches online between tosa's x apbts through some links on smart kennels website and damn near everyone of them lost to a apbt. If the apbt can hold off for 15-20 minutes the tosa tires and gets picked apart by the bulldog. Plus the majority of the apbt's were looking poorly conditioned.

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

Also, te matches wernt done by cajun rules. Going by the Cajun rules the tosa will 99% of the time lose in less than 30.

17. damon

damon Banned

Please post the links you speak of, I'm a member on smart kennel and I've never seen such videos. Infact can anybody show me one video of a pure pitbull defeating a tosa, I know it will be a long wait

18. damon

damon Banned

It was you who brought man into it mentioning weight classes. The pitbull as easily the longest history of fighting in its heritage, so it's gameness and ability should easily be able to cancel out the weight difference, sadly though it doesn't

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

surely if theses TOSA were any good on a fast lane level , not a honour level, they wpuld be fairly highly sought afterr internationally !

20. damon

damon Banned

If it is completely outclassed then why do lightweight tosas beat catchweight pitbulls on a regular basis where matching is legal in Japan? They have good ability and the lighter ones have decent gameness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.