1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tosa Inu

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bull and Terrier, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Yeah, we're pretty much on the same page. I definitely agree with you on that, and in my opinion, I think the tibetan mastiffs are the best of the large breeds. These things man handle kangals, caos, ovtscharkas, bully kuttas, presas, etc.

2. Grabo86

Grabo86 Big Dog

Really? I thought the tibetan mastiffs are to heavy build and would lack athletic ability and would gas out pretty soon. They dont look like a fighting breed as well.

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i know a fella who was stationed in Okinawa for a few years and granted this is second hand information passed on by an obviously biased American, but he said when the APBT and Tosas were matched (a rarity he stated) the Tosas would throw their weight around and usually wound up on top of the bulldog.... but 99% of the time when the bulldog got a good hold and the Tosa was running outta gas, theyd cur out like a great big bitch running around trying to get loose, with the little bulldog hanging off them til it was stopped.

like i said, second hand info, but i know him well enough to trust it as truth.

4. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

There's actually a few videos of apbts matching into tosas and this is normally how it unfolds. Actually, this is how most of the big dogs' techniques, they try to outwrestle the smaller, more agile dog and then grab and shake. Most of the time though, the apbt ends up getting to the side or on the back of these bigger dogs and they then grab and shake the larger dogs while they scream and yelp. After a good 10 mins. they cur. Chances are, if the big dogs can't grab the apbt, the apbt will win by literally tearing them to pieces.

5. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

I meant when we are talking about the tibetan mastiff vs other large breeds. These things man handle rottweilers, kangals, ovtscharkas, tosas, and even CAO's.

6. damon

damon Banned

Thats not true, ive only seen one vid of a pitbull putting a decent show against the tosa and the tosa was young. Im suprised at how easy the tosa handles pits in the videos that ive seen, even against larger pits. The tosas just seem to out wrestle and outspeed the pitbull and completelty frustrate them with head holds till they tire them out. I dont know if the pits were good quality but they didnt quit but were outclassed

7. jacko

jacko CH Dog

do tosas have olde english mastiff and bulldog blood in their make-up ??

8. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

I've never even came close to finding vids like this, I've only seen a handful of videos that show an apbt losing to a tosa, and it was only because the owners decided to pick them up and not let them work. I've never even come close to seeing an apbt getting tired before a tosa.......or any other large dog for that matter.

9. damon

damon Banned

Please show me these videos you speak of, i can prove it matey. The apbt in the vids seem to tire quickly pushing the heavier weight

10. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

look on smotri or youku

11. damon

damon Banned

I have and both me and you know the tosas come out on top. Now i dont know if the pits are top quality but i doubt the tosas are too. I was a member of a tosa and pit forum which appears to be shut down and a dogman from japan matches both, he used catchweight pitbulls as training dogs for his young tosas, he also said it was suicide to pit a large pit against a heavyweight tosa. Even when the lightweight tosas are matched against catchweight pitbulls the outcome is far from favoured in the pitbulls direction.

12. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Find me a video where the apbt gets tired before the tosa inu. You've seen those vids so you yourself should know that the pits are picked up or, if they are using the tosa rule, if the apbt squeals from excitement he loses automatically. I've never seen an apbt stand the line or run away from the tosa ever. It's always either picked up or called out from noise. HOWEVER, when the apbt beats the tosa, you see the tosa running and he no longer wants any part of it.

13. damon

damon Banned

Go on 56.com and type in pitbull vs tosa and you will see. I've only seen one where a tosa quits and that's against a pit x tosa.

14. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Funny you should mention the tosa inu. The lightweight and middle weight tosas tend to have a high percentage of apbt blood. In fact, the japanese are still introducing fresh apbt stock into their tosa lines to improve performance. Most tournaments even ban tosas with known apbt blood up to the 3rd generation in the pedigree because it is seen as unfair and/or cheating for having an unfair advantage. Also I went on your site and I've found zero vids of apbts getting tired before a tosa or quitting to a tosa. The ones I've found where the apbt lost is only because the pit was picked up.

15. damon

damon Banned

Yes pit blood is strong in certain tosa strains, but they don't wipe the floor with pure tosas so the Japanese dogman told me. He also said it would be a bad idea matching these lighter tosa/pit crosses against the heavyweight dogs. I didn't want to believe it but I've seen it with my own eyes, tosas appear to easily handle the apbt in the fights I've seen, true a lot of the matches were cut short but the pits didn't look like they had a chance.

16. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

The japanese are very prideful about their dogs so it is natural that they'd say that their dogs are better. Time in time again in kickboxing, the Chinese as well as American team whoops them too, and yet they still proclaim to be the best kick boxers in the world. Along with the, tosa apbt matches are nothing new. The original matches for mixed breed combat was that they'd just set them into the cage and let them fight until the owner picks up or one of the dogs die. They realized that their tosas can't keep up in the long run so then most started matching their dogs with the tosa rule of silence. That of course drew some criticisms so now they use a time limit of 15 mins. Every video that I've seen that is more than 15 mins. has the apbt winning. Don't look for matches done in japan, look for matches in russia or in the balkan states. Over there, mixed breed contests are quite popular and in these matches, the winners are normally apbts, kangals, alabais, or ovtscharkas. There has never been a tosa winner.

17. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Sorry ninety nine but a dead game anything wouldn't be a match for anything as it would be dead!

18. damon

damon Banned

I don't know who told you this but it's not true, I've seen the tosa tano who I believe was from Romania fight a large black pitbull and cur it out in about 30 mins, tano is also the dog that lost to gr ch Tito, believe me the video as never been on smotri. The tosa will never be as game as a bulldog but they make up for it in power and ability, they all like to go for the head and neck and completely frustrate the pitbull.

19. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Tosas are head and neck dogs because their style is mostly a wrestling style. Are you talking about the black brindle dog, athos? If so, he wasn't curred out, he was picked up. Tano was never matched cajun rules so the concept of turning, scratching, etc. doesn't apply. Every match he fought against apbts( 4 against apbts, 6 against other tosas) were done under unique rules, not cajun. Against tosas, he fought under tosa rules while against apbts, they either just let them go out in a field or in a box and fight until one of the owners decided enough is enough or if one dog died. Tano defeated 3 apbts because their owners picked them up and lost to tito.

20. damon

damon Banned

Can't remember the name of the dog but it wasn't in the box, it was outside and the pit curred out. I was more impressed with tanos son chico, that defeated many dogs including a brindle pitbull in the box, the pit was screaming in pain and the owner conceded

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.