1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tosa Inu

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bull and Terrier, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

btw, when I said toned down version of a tosa, I meant that, according to the website of this kennel, "The Tosa Ken is a superb natural guardian of its' human family and territory. The sheer size and deep bark are sure deterrents in themselves. The Tosa Ken is very affectionate with its' family members and anyone else that is properly introduced." I have no first hand knowledge of filas but I believe that the filas will even be wary of visitors that they've seen multiple times and, despite a proper introduction, would still be wary.

2. hardluck

hardluck Banned

well take your 2 cents and bet it all on a tosa or a kutta because if you dont your going to broke and shit out of luck if you bet on a Ambulldog lol.

3. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

An informed man that has an ounce of intelligence would bet his money on a bulldog ;)

4. benson

benson Pup

pound for pound my ass , the best fight dog is who wins matches period of all breeds and all weights regardless of breed,size or weight . if your dog is too small then he needs to be bigger. a true game bulldog is the best in world at what he does regardless of breed,size or weight, guess you never seen a true bulldog in aCTION

5. dpitbull

dpitbull Pup

u shld look up gameness my friend cuz id give a shit how big or how many 30 min mathces a dog has won gamebred pits DO NOT STOP! period so a big pos cur can bite all he wants for 30 at 2 hr when hes layin on the ground trying to breathe he gets smoked by the POUND FOR FKIN POUND GREATEST DOG IN THE WORLD! THE GBAMPBT

6. hardluck

hardluck Banned

what bulldog are you mentioning? just because bulldog is in the tittle of a dogs name doesn't mean shit. as far as im concerned the only bulldog that there is the APBT. safe you money if your betting it on a American Bulldog even if its from a scotts line because they were never bred to be in the box like the breeds being mentioned.
    i believe im well informed also thanks it seems your not if you think the American Bulldog is worth anything today in the box. afterall we dont hear of Ambulldog fighting rings getting busted over the news do we? there is a reason for that.

7. benson

benson Pup

you are not getting my point read what i wrote at the end of my post
    "a true game bulldog is the best in world at what he does regardless of breed,size or weight." what i meant was that size and weight isn't an excuse for the GBAMPBT against other breeds like kangals, tosas, alibby, CAOC, akbbash, bullycota, etc... he is the best regardless of weight or size. the GBAMPBT looks the way he is now is by selecting the best dog at the job.

8. dpitbull

dpitbull Pup

hahaa o hell my fault

9. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

wow, has anyone checked this site out, click on the home page then view videos, vids of these dogs in action. these dogs are massive....

10. blackcloud

blackcloud Big Dog

I just checked the videos out and yes they are impressive when matched against each other! Very athletic for a large dog.

11. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Allow me to rephrase my former post, "an informed man that has an ounce of intelligence would be his money on "the bulldog" (apbt)." I was referring the apbt as a bulldog as well, there is no need for you to lecture me about the american bulldog. Btw, you should perhaps do a little bit more research on the american bulldog's history, specifically the painter margentina lines of ambulldogs.

12. hardluck

hardluck Banned

i never been to keen on the AMbulldogs maybe im biased IDK. maybe your right i should look into them, but im just not into them. sure they had those lines but i highly doubt they still exist today. i dont care its not like im ever going to see a tosa or a kutta any time soon they are some good looking dogs though. its sort of like floyd and pacman everyone wants to imagine what would happen lol.

13. SBT

SBT Pup

These dogs are very powerful and athletic despite their large size. While they are not pound per pound as good as at the apbt. However to think that these dogs cannot kill an apbt is ridiculous.

The size of the fight in the dog can only go so far when the opponent has 50 pound weight advantage and possesses a fighting background as well.

Stick the dogs in a fight with no breakup sticks or timeouts and the larger dog will win if determined. I've seen some big dogs fighting and while they don't fight as long as the apbt, they have actually killed each other under 5 minutes.

14. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

These dogs have indeed killed apbts before, in fact, everytime one of these dogs successfully win against or killed an apbt, their owners and the breed's enthusiasts vehemently report it and ensures that the news and information gets out to the world. HOWEVER, this is a rarity and is most often against a low quality dog. The apbt is by no means invincible, these dogs have lost to many a breeds, both larger and smaller ones. There is even an account of the boston bulldog, the predecessor of the boston terrier and a fighting dog, besting an apbt. However, the quality of the apbt was almost certainly low. When you match top quality apbt against a top quality dog of any other breed, chances are, the apbt will win. There has also been many an instances in which these larger breeds needed to be separated from the apbt because the apbt would've killed them. This is the most probable outcome when these dogs are matched into top quality apbts.

15. SBT

SBT Pup

Personally I think a top quality apbt would loose against a top quality tosa, bully kutta or other large fighting breed. The size difference is to much for the smaller dog to handle, even if it is the better fighter for its' size.

The thing about the apbt is that there more quality specimens available than say a tosa, staffy, english bull terrier etc. So on the average it makes sense to say it is the better fighting dog overall as it would be much harder to find a quality individuals of the larger breeds.

But find those top specimens(larger fighting dogs) and the apbt will be in a lot of trouble, not because it is lacking in fighting skills; but because it is fighting an adversary that is larger and more powerful. Weaponry comes into play too, the dog with the larger mouth, bigger teeth and stronger bite can do more damage, but if it lacks the mentality to fight that is useless. The latter is a big reason why larger breeds loose to apbt's, they lack the "gameness" to keep on fighting and giving it all they got.

When it comes to explosiveness the apbt is obviously the more spectacular fighter compared to the slower big breeds like tosas throwing each other around. But when you see a big dog literally shaking it's opponent so hard by the neck it "breaks" you learn to appreciate the fighting capabilities of the bigger breeds.

16. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

I agree with you that a top quality dog of the aforementioned breeds are indeed a competent and difficult adversary. But when it comes down to it, when it comes down to the best of the breeds, the quality of the apbt is far greater than the quality of the best of these breeds that you've mentioned.

17. Herodog1

Herodog1 Top Dog

Wow just been reading these recent posts and can't believe no one has slagged you off. I mentioned a vid of a large rottie and an apbt with the rottie shaking the apbt about and I was properly slagged off and the post deleted? Maybe it was how I put it across so I appologise if I offended anyone, I never meant to.
    Sorry for the hyjack.

18. SBT

SBT Pup

Perhaps people are being more reasonable? For starters I am not saying (dog X) is a better fighter than a pitbull. Such rash statements are certainly going to fire up the crowd here.

19. SBT

SBT Pup

I think we need to clarify. I think we may be on the same page but at the moment I can not tell.
    If what you are saying is basically, the top quality pitbull is of better fighting quality than the best tosa/bk; I agree with you. No dog can last as long in a fight as a pitbull or carry on the vigor thought the entire match.

However I am a believer that enough of a size and strength advantage is enough to cancel out the superior fighting ability, especially if the stronger dog is a fighter in its' own right.
    Just as in the human world the better fighter can still loose a fight against another good fighter who is much larger than himself.
    Am I suggesting that the top quality tosas and bully kuttas are better fighters than the best apbts? No.
    But the smaller dog can only go so far become it succumbs to the larger and more powerful dogs.
    This is not a fair fight, and in no way suggest these larger breeds are superior in regards to fighting ability.

20. jacko

jacko CH Dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.