1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tosa Inu

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bull and Terrier, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

Huh?

Tapd on my skyrocket

2. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Not really, certain circumstances do determine how man or beast will react at the moment of truth. These dogs are more than machines, their living beings. If i saw one that worked for three hours I'd say he's vastly different from one that quit in three minutes, you might think they are both the same. We would both agree to disagree at that point seeing as its subjective and we both saw different things. I saw a three hour dog that fell short and you saw a "three hour cur "? I wouldn't know about his "degree of gameness just that I feel three hours of ability and heart would earn his keep, and his right to stick to a very game bitch. It's a %'s game after all and there's a big difference :24 & 3:00. Btw the article was by TG, he deserves the credit, it's been posted in this forum before, definitely a good read. There's been a ton with great ability who were never tested and only a few who hang in there for the long run and hours of punishment a lot depends on what happens in between and knowing not to set your dog up to fail. Iif he was getting beat pretty bad at the halfway mark, get him out and get a courtesy scratch. Live to hunt another day. Far to many have left them in there too long, and a dead game dog would be of no use to you or your program, just a piece of meat and a memory after that, the dead game dog you'll never be able to breed.

3. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

I apologize if my comments were off topic, I understand this thread is about tosas. Way too big to be serious performance dogs in my opinion. Large dogs like that are great for ceremonies and protecting the house against human beings though.

4. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

LMAO, I can see you are a complete retard. YES, EVERY PITBULL THAT HAS EVER QUIT IS A CUR!!!!! You are a complete retard bro, pure and simple. Also a "top dogman" would not laugh at the opportunity to own a useless cur, nor would I laugh at the opportunity to have a dog like bullyson. As for bullyson, he is a cur and he stood the line, simple as that. However, he was a good performer and has produced many a good dogs, though if I was given the opportunity to own him, or if I did own him, I would've put him down since he was 1) a man biter and 2) he quit. This is the big difference between dogmen of the apbt and those of the tosa inu. The tosa inus are curs, and there has never been one with gameness. The apbt is a dog that is bred to be game, and of course, every now and then, a cur is thrown. This is like the ridge back dogs, every now and then, you have a dog without a ridge. However, the sporting apbt is a dog of gameness. The tosa inu however is a cur dog that does nothing but wrestle. That is the difference, but an idiot like you cannot comprehend this.

5. Tiger12490

Tiger12490 Big Dog

I agree

Tapd on my skyrocket

6. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

“there are in fact dead game dogs waking around as we speak, we just can't be sure which ones they are“. TOM GARNER.

funny, its a difference in kind not degree.

7. damon

damon Banned

And how the fuck do you know that there's never been a game tosa you retarded inbred gay boy? Yeh right you'd cull bullyson, you've probably never seen a bulldog let alone own one. You've got it wrong, the pitbull is bred for gameness but every now and a again you'll find a deep game dog or maybe if your lucky a dead game dog. Like I said every dog that quit is labeled a cur on paper but only a prick like you can't understand that some quitters are gamer than others!

8. northdogger

northdogger Big Dog

Your not lucky if you get a dead game one IMO. Then you only have a dead dog...

9. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

When the entire article is ignored and boiled down to one statement, yes that is very true. Another view my take it as meaning, on the right night against the right opponent, many a dog can rise up beyond their breeding and become something more. Sadly we won't know their dead game unless tested to their utmost and croak. As for degrees? I wouldn't know about them, I believe that's up to the handler to determine. To each his own as I said in my previous comment.

10. Tigerlines

Tigerlines Banned

Hello b2b, …its a difference in KIND………..relative measures of "curness" are absolute measure of a CUR regardless of degree …..the opposite isn’t TRUE.

11. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

"retarded inbred gay boy?" LMAO, your insults show how much of an idiot you are. YES I'd cull bullyson because the dog is a cur and a man biter, and two, I do own bulldogs. As for the pitbull being bred for gameness, I was the one that stated this above, but you're too much of an idiot to realize this. How do I know there has never been a game tosa inu? This is simple, they were never bred to be game!!! I'm sure that there has never been a game tosa just like I'm sure there has never been a rednose dog that is 100% colby. Stop jerking off to tosa videos and get yourself a real dog, then you will see the difference, you stupid moron. Once again, there is no such thing as degrees of gameness or gamer than others. For example, you are clearly retarded, but can I say you are more "retarded" than other retards that think the tosa inus are game? Of course not because being retarded, like being game, is a state. Another example, judging by your posts, I am going to say you are European. Are you more European than your neighbors? Again, no, because it is a fixed state.

12. damon

damon Banned

I'm no longer going to reply noob go play with your laptop

13. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

14. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

Lol, now this is starting to make sense. Anyone else notice how this guy makes the most idiotic insults? Now combine that with this post......I'm fairly certain this guy is one of those World of Warcraft gamers that does nothing but sit around all day playing games and pretending to be something they are not by regurgitating second hand info from the internet.

We have had keyboard warriors, now we have keyboard dogmen

15. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

I understand exactly what your saying, "a cur is a cur is a cur" and people discussing how long it took for their dog to quit are really just discussing who's dog is less cur. However when absolutes are used, then the absolute that defines gameness is dead game, is anything less a cur? Imo its easier by far for people to deal with absolutes. I'm not saying I don't agree with you point of view, just that you might not be taking the time to understand mine, which is you'll know a good one when you see one. By "you" I'm talking about the first timer or guest, to the forum, not you personally.

16. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

It depends on what that "good one" is, based on the dogman himself. For example, Tudor's Spike is considered to be an ace, and yet this dog has been considered a cur by some due to this dog being dog friendly. There has been accounts of this dog running to his opponent and licking his face in an attempt to get the other dog to play with him before almost decimating the dog once the other dog has gotten its hold. A few considered him a cur simply because of his unwillingness to start and his desires to play with the other dog instead. HOWEVER, some might consider him an ace simply because of his abilities. Some dogmen might breed dogs that are a complete package, as in mouth, wind, and game while others might value one trait more important than the others and a dog showing that trait, but lacking the others, are still bred. It depends, and in this case, it is "to each his own." However, I believe that when we are discussing the apbt, there is only one degree of gameness.......and that gameness needs no pre fixes, such as "dead."

17. StosMan

StosMan Big Dog

PitNoob,
    LOL- I guess you must have missed my questions posed to him. I asked him straight forward questions and his answers were all too telling. His responses clearly demonstrated his first hand knowledge of either breed. At that time I didn't feel inclined to get into a debate with someone who didn't have the requisite experience to continue a genuine discussion/debate of the two types of hounds. I admitted I had zero experience with the Tosa, and he did as well. At that point he showed all of his cards. He's an internet fancier, nothing more, nothing less. It's pretty easy to see that he also has never handled a real game pooch; this was also shown by many people besides myself who asked him directly about his first hand experience. He sidestepped each and every time when asked and resorted to insults and ephebic behavior. I followed this thread because I found it amusing that so many people got sucked into trying convince him that he fails to understand, and that's simply because he has very limited if any first hand knowledge of a real bulldog.

YIS

18. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

I totally agree with that, but far to many people use absolutes to label their dog. When a young or inexperienced or possibly ego driven man poorly conditions his dog and works him sick, or too young more often than not the resulting poor performance is blamed on the dog not the man. Far more could have been done ahead of time to show his true worth, instead he's just a cur, after all that's what he is. Take the same dog before defeat put him in a good program with a different handler and the results "might" be different only might. It is a % game. When someone's gambling nothing is absolute or a sure thing. I'm not a gambling man, I prefer to wait, after all who wouldn't like the odds in their favor.

19. StosMan

StosMan Big Dog

Ain't that the truth. Too many hounds are shortchanged and set up to fail due to the man's failure before they even set foot in the box.

20. damon

damon Banned

Shows what your hobbies are you homo ha I don't even know what Warcraft is haha. I am certain you know jack about dogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.