1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tosa Inu

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bull and Terrier, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whats this clown even being entertained for ?
    obviously doesnt know the difference between a dog that has the ability to do damage due to its massive size and weight and a gamedog ! when it comes to matchin and breeding dogs its about gameness ! there are plenty of rough curs that can do serious damage but when it not going their way they stand the line .

put the tosa in the box with a good game pitbull for a scratch in turn contest and you will soon see how game they are !

2. Damon, almost two hundred years ago in England at country fairs, fetes etc. dogmen would match their dogs into all sorts of other animals, even lions! Now these men knew their dogs had no chance of defeating a lion and some of the dogs refused to attack. However most of them did! The most important thing to these men was gameness! Now, no doubt there are tosa who can defeat a pit bull but they are inferior because they are not game! I believe the rules in dog matching have helped the evolution of this gameness; it's all about the scratch! Here is a scenario; you have two males, first dog is a barnstormer, very rough and destructive, but has a couple of "dodgy" ancestors, the second dog is a game plug from a deepgame family. which one would you breed? The female is an average dog.

3. mjang212

mjang212 Pup

lols Yeosu-city, Jeollanam-do, Korea thats where im from =]

4. mjang212

mjang212 Pup

in my knowlege no. but korean they do lots of crazy shit lols

to lot of koreans tosa fights are like tridition like figting horses and cows.

not like here all about making money. dont get me wrong we bet moneys too lols

5. My point is the pitbull is a superior animal because of the gameness. By the way you never answered my question. WHICH DOG WOULD YOU USE FOR BREEDING PURPOSES?

6. damon

damon Banned

Off course p4p the pitbull is the superior animal, but where talking about mix matches where the pitbull concedes weight, obviously it's an advantage for the tosa but it's not the only factor. Why would I skip your question? Why would many still breed to curs such as bullyson given the choice again? Of course all things being equal you'd pick the gamest dog

7. So you agree that gameness is the most important ingredient in a fighting dog and the dog with the most gameness AS A BREED is the pitbull. Why would you be interested in tosas which AS A BREED are curs?

8. damon

damon Banned

Because they are game enough to do the job over the bulldog. Im interested in all working dogs and the tosa is a fighting dog.

9. Malikyo

Malikyo Pup

Gr ch Tito Enough Said

10. damon

damon Banned

What ch tosa did he fight again?????

11. So you're interested in fighting dogs and the pitbull is the ultimate AS A BREED! because of it's gameness! Tosas as a breed are curs! Another question: AS A BREED, which is the superior as a fighting dog pitbull or tosa?

12. damon

damon Banned

On a pound for pound basis without doubt the pitbull, but on a open weight basis id have to go with the tosa. And seeing as though they are not the same weight p4p is out of the question. Surely owning a dog that is the best fighter regardless of weight is more desirable than owning one that is p4p king

13. Lee Robinson

Lee Robinson Big Dog

I have had both breeds...tosas and pits. IMO and experience, the APBT is a better dog than the Tosa...but when the right two are put together, the APBT x Tosa hybrid is often superior to both in pure form.

As far as the hypothetical example above...if the female is only an average dog, I wouldn't breed either.

14. Never mind p4p. That wasn't my question! AS A BREED WHICH IS THE SUPERIOR AS A FIGHTING DOG PITBULL OR TOSA?

15. damon

damon Banned

Well if you put a catchweight pitbull into a tosa i feel your going to end up with the losing dog more than not

16. AGK

AGK Super duper pooper scooper Administrator

That tosa would be hitting his brakes and b-lining it to the nearest wall by the 3rd handle.

That's what makes this whole thread ridiculous, both are fought under different rules with one beating the other at their own rules of combat. Cajun rules the tosas losing more than he's winning and it reverses with the sumo rules. People are comparing apples to chuck steak...

17. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

The "apbts" that have lost to tosas, who were they? Were they champions? Were they grand champions? Were they even a 1xw?

So far, it seems that if the tosa loses, then it is of shit breeding but if it beats a dog that looks like an apbt, the tosa is the best match dog of all time. Btw, since you want to do "p4p" and "a dog that can beat all dogs," then the p4p=apbt and the top dog=LGDs. CAO's and Kangals routinely throw around presas, cane corsos, american bulldogs, and tosa inus.

18. WWII

WWII Banned

My wallet would rather feed a 45lb dog compared to a 130lb dog. Just sayin.....

19. gh32

gh32 CH Dog

You have a good point,who has a Tosa ever beat that was a noteworthy opponent. Honestly if a Tosa beat the APBT all anyone would hear is how they're the better dog but if the APBT won,it beat a cur so what's the point really. I've sat back and occasionally glanced at this ridiculous thread and wondered if there was a Tosa board somewhere because honestly no one here cares. Personally,if I was betting and a Mayday,Butcher Boy,Alligator or other big dog that was a Ch or Gr.Ch went into a Tosa or other cur breed,I'd go with the APBT. But who with a Ch dog would of matched into a cur bred dog,it's really a lose lose situation as far a getting any respect from the Tosa people.I'm not saying a Tosa or any other similar large bred dog can't win but I sure aren't saying they would either.Still,if you put a legitimate Ch against a good Tosa,I still say APBT.But it's a moot point and a silly discussion,that me or another mod should of closed a long time ago.We just let it slide because as I stated,no one cares enough to bother ending this pissing match.Pound for pound a small bulldog can't be beat,throw pound for pound out the window I still like the great catchweight dogs.But regardless of who would win,without it actually happening it's just one opinion against the others.And it's not going to happen.

20. damon

damon Banned

Well the tosa that went over a hour beat one of peras bulldogs that was either a 1 or 2x winner. Lgd are top dogs my arse, the only tosas they fight are the shite western showdogs and half the time the lgd quits after 5 mins. Its the same with the apbt, everytime one loses according to you its a shit bred dog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.