1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tosa Inu

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Bull and Terrier, Dec 13, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Not sure about the rules about posting videos, but I found this video clip posted from a LEGAL event in japan....
    BANKOTSU KENNELS |

2. double click if it doesnt play...

3. Dream Pits

Dream Pits CH Dog

Thats for the vid and i really like the post you had. Its nice to see someone who respects others crafts and looks outside the box
    -Dream

4. Thanks Alabama and Dream.
    Just think as enthusiasts we should avoid being narrow minded and really appreciate all forms of performance bred dogs. Performance bred APBT's are are def the most determined and athletic but other breeds have admirable qualities that we should respect.

That video shows its not just a shoving match, there are some holds and shakes. My question is how tall are those dogs being that they weigh 84 lbs they still seem pretty rangy.

5. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

I shit you not but i have came across before in the past a tosa making a game scratch.

6. popper

popper CH Dog

out in turkey and russia they put150 kangals up against 65 pound apbt and sometimes the apbt still come out ahead.

7. ohpitbulls

ohpitbulls CH Dog

lmfao tru so tru

8. popper

popper CH Dog

i have some footage of ukraine game dog tournament 2009. legal

9. popper

popper CH Dog

in the eatern part of the world they like to match really big dogs. usuaully dont last long

10. All about Pits

All about Pits Big Dog

I thinkt hey are all aorund weoe dogs but soe dangerous as dogs not to be played with

11. Blau

Blau Big Dog

I think Tosas are a gorgeous breed... not sure that I'd own one, I don't know about their temperaments much, but I'm a sucker for Japanese breeds.

12. I would be interested in a light weight to compliment my pack, but the only ones bred in American seem to be the giant mastiff style ones!

13. TheIII

TheIII Big Dog

Interesting breed I would say nice to see what mastiffs looked like before show breeding. As far as APBT & Tosa matches Stratton mentions some first hand experiences in his book.

14. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

dog from the united kingdom went to pakistan i believe to fight bully kuttas. Won over there aswell dispite the size. Now im sure this dog was called hulk. White thing he was dont know the ped. Some may know who i mean

15. popper

popper CH Dog

i know tito from romania was known to take some out.

16. srssnick

srssnick Pup

Re: Tosa Inu And the real game dogs and there histriy

IT ALL STARTED WITH THE BRITISH ISLE DOGS SPORTING STAFFY BULL, BADGER TRILE DOGS WHICH US TGE ENGLISH BULL TERRIER, BLUE PAUL DOG NOW EXTINCT FROM SCOTLAND ,AND THE IRISH SSBT ,WHICH IS REALLY JUST THE ENGLISH SSBT KEPT AWAY FRIM ENGLISH BLOODLINES, LIKE THE THE OLD FAMILY RED NOSE STRAIN ,OR THE FAMOUS PYSCO BLOOD LINE, WHICH WAS SSBT X SSBT X EBT OF THE BADGER TRIAL DOGS. NOTE ENGLISH BULL TERRIER IR EBT US VERY DIFFERENT THAN THE HINKS BLOOD LINE AND ITS RARE THAT ANY OF HINKS BLOODLINE EXIST ,EXCEPT IN THE MIDDLE EAST WHER THEY USED IT TO DEVELOP THERE STRAIN IF FIGHTING DOG , GULL TERR,BULL ARAB BULLY CUTTA OR ANY CROSS OF THE THREE . IAM WRITING THUS TO SET THE RECORD STRAIT AND IN MEMORY OF MY FATHER ONE OF THE GREATEST DOG MEN IF ALL TIME . AND KEEPER OF HISTORIC FACTS ,AND BLOODLINES, MATCHES AND SOME GREAT HYBRED BATTLE CROSSES THAT HAD HYBRED VIGOR , I WILL EXPLAIN IT ALL ,IT WILL BE LONG THOUGH SO BARE WITH ME AS IT MAY TAKE SEVERAL PIST TO COMPLETE. AND AS A LOT OF GOOD DOGMEN DID NOT REGISTER THERE DOG OR BLOODLINES OR HAS THE STORY EVER BEEN TOKD OF WHAT DIFFERENT BLOOD US IN THE APBT,ISBT,SSTB,EBT. SO READ IF YOU WANT TO KNOW THE FACTS AND HIW IT CAME TO BE AND WHERE WE ARE HEADED. I NEED A BREAK ALL READY I WILL POST AGIN IN A LITTLE WHILE. IF YOU HAVE ANY ? Feel free to email me at srss101790@yahoo.com OH AND LET ME KNOW IF THIS US A GOOD AND INFORMITIVE READ AS IAM PUTTING THIS TO PRINT LATER THIS YEAR ,TITTLED THE TRUTH ABOUT THE WORLDS MOST MISUNDERSTOOD BREEDS OF DOGS AND THERE HISTROY. BE BACK IN A FEW.:animal_murphy3s:

17. keystone

keystone CH Dog

tosa inu is the second game breed in the world ............

18. hammer head

hammer head Top Dog

Its a close call between a working Tosa and Bully Kutta......they are game bred but costs too much to maintain and may lose to a good catchweight APBT which is low maintenance and gamer to boot.

tosa willing.jpg tosa lighweight winner.jpg tosa waiting.jpg tosa angry3.jpg

courtesy of RED DRAGON KENNELS

19. Ninety-Nine

Ninety-Nine Big Dog

My 2 cents worth, IMO a really good (dead-game?), American Bulldog would give any of those giant fighting breeds a run for their money.

20. PitNoob

PitNoob Big Dog

It seems to me that since the advent of the true to type game bull and terrier type dog that anyone and everyone is attempting to create a breed that can best them in the pit......and to date everything has failed. Since the advent of the bull and terrier type dog, people have been matching all sorts of breeds into them in an attempt to best them. These dogs included larger, stronger dogs to dogs that were smaller, quicker, and believed to be more tenacious. All of these dogs failed when matched into the predecessors of the apbt, the bull and terrier type dogs. If the prototypes were able to best these dogs, why do people believe that they can best the perfected version, a breed bred for centuries and that has been the epitome of this sport? Some examples come to mind would be the old dogue de bourdeaux, a dog that was frequently used for this sport and was a multi-purpose dog. This multi-purpose dog eventually became a guard dog after being bested by the predecessors of the apbt's speed and gameness. Then you have the smaller, quicker, and supposedly more tenacious dogs. The airedale terrier comes to mind. The advent of the airedale terrier was a result of the miners in the aire region engaging in the sport of dogs as entertainment. These miners all boasted about their dogs being the best, but when matched into the apbt's ancestors, they failed. Thus, they sought to breed a dog that can best the apbt's predecessors and that resulted in the prototype of the airedale. However, their efforts failed and the airedale was quickly proclaimed an all purpose working breed. The american bulldog too was, for a time, used in this sport and many would bet their hard earned money believing the dog's bigger size would give it the advantage, hence the "american pit bulldog." There was even a line of american bulldogs developed specifically for this purpose.....these dogs too failed. Now we have people believing their: tosa, CAO, kangal, dogo, presa, bully kutta, gull terr, gull dong, akbash, and even the tibetan mastiff (very popular in china) can best the apbt. Out of all these breeds, the tosa seems to be the dogs favored to be the dog to stop the apbt, especially the heavy weights since they can weigh 200 lbs. match weight. I can't predict the future, but I'm willing to bet my money that history will repeat itself and pretty soon the tosa will be quickly deemed an all purpose working dog or a guard dog. In fact, a few breeders in japan are already breeding their stock for protection LMAO. In fact, this kennel here specifically breeds their tosas to be protectors, think of them as a toned down version of a fila.

[video=youtube;3Bjlj6g2GlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bjlj6g2GlI[/video]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.