1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Torn ACL DAMN!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CynthiaATL, Aug 8, 2007.

1. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well I am on my way to work now. Thank you for all the well wishes. I am sure my patience will need it more than her. LOL

And yes they take out money from each check but it goes by how much you owe. It can range from $50 - $150 per check. And A grand total on what I have spent on the last yr on my dogs and a few rescues I took in and rehomed (I got from working at a vet hospital I told ya'll I am a Sucker) is $3000.

Plus when you have other bills and such everything counts. But hey she needs it. And I will have to go without a few luxaries. LOL

Well off to work!

2. Patch O' Pits

Patch O' Pits CH Dog

Keep us posted on her progress

3. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Well I just got home tonight, Isa made it through surgery well. She is a big baby so she is on Ketoprofen, Torb and Tramadol for pain. And she needed all of it. She woke up screaming. She does not tolerate pain to well. She is laying on her side and not moving to much. But she is wagging her tail and still giving kisses.

Just want to keep ya'll updated.

And thanks for the well wishes

4. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Ok update. Isa is comming home tomorrow. I chose to keep her at my Vet hospital for a few days. Isa is a HUGE DRAMA QUEEN. For the first day and a half all she did was lay on her side and if you touched her she would scream. But today she was up and moving around and trying to get at other dogs. So I figured if she can do that them she is good to come home! LOL

And again thanks for the well wishes for her. Just wanted to keep those updated.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2007
  5. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Sukari had ACL sx on both knees, so I know what you are going through. She now has 80 lb test clear monofilament fishing line instead. :D

It was rough on her for a while, however, I kept a bottle of Acepromazine on hand and would ace her whenever she got to anxious. I kept her strictly kenneled in a kennel in the living room for 6 weeks. For another 2 weeks she was only allowed out of the kennel on a leash. To keep her busy she had everything from frozen kongs stuffed w/p.b., yogurt, and kibble, to frozen raw bison and beef knuckles, etc.

Good luck with everything and keep me updated!

6. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Thank you. That is my main thing. Keeping her still and QUIET. She is good for yelling and whining so loud it sounds like a train whistle when she wants to get out. But she is on strict kennel and only out on a leash. She HATES it.

Yea gotta love that fishing line. LOL Whats funny is that during sx my Vet was like damn that is the largest ACL I have ever seen. And it was huge. Leave it to my dog to tear a huge ACL.