1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

TOPS knives

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lee D, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i love hella stout knives, so i figured id show off a recent one i picked up....the TOPS Lil Roughneck...

from the TOPS site...

LIL ROUGHNECK
    This is probably the stoutest (thickest) knife we have ever made. The strength of this 3/8” thick piece of 5160 spring steel is awesome…and a full tang, covered with canvas Micarta handles.
    As the name implies, the ‘Lil Roughneck’ is very much like the hearty guys whi do the hard and heavy work on the oil rigs. The term “Roughneck” is now a commonly-known term associated with rough and tumble guys.
    The Roughnecks are of strong resolve, hardworking, and they ‘Keep on Truckin.’ With this in mind…this is definitely a specialty knife…for a special guy…

......1400+ GRAINS OF DIPLOMACY......

Specifications

O/A Length: 6 1/4"
    Blade Length: 2 3/4"
    Thickness: 3/8" + .4 W/ Coating
    Steel: 5160 RC 56-58
    Handle: Tan Canvas Micarta
    Blade Color: TAC Black
    Weight:10.2oz
    Designer: Leo Espinoza

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. MCS

MCS CH Dog

That is crazy nice man.....U got any bulldog brand? Or r they too pretty to do work? LOL

3. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

its not that theyre too pretty, ive got enough slipjoints (mostly Buck and Case), and im not gonna pay high dollar for a knife just because it says Bulldog on it. all my knives get used anyway...no safequeens here. thats probably why im drawn to the brands i buy. working mans knives.

4. MCS

MCS CH Dog

Fair enough, just wondering if you or any one else collected knifes of that nature, saw them on a visit at smokey mountain knife works and was intrigued. They do resemble Case an awful lot. I don't own any myself, I can't afford them. I buy the cheap shit, break it and buy some more.

5. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Ill stick with a good CASE and it will do what its supposed to and thats Cut Ass So Easy.

6. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

im a Buck guy and have a pretty large collection of em, but my true hard use knives are Becker Knife & Tool products, made by KaBar

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I use a utility knife for work..metal frame , it locks and uses razor blades ..I like it you can keep bout 10 blades inside the case and when the razor blade gets dull on one end u just flip it around and use the other end..If its too thick to cut with that I just use a saw.By far the best working knife for me..Plus I dont have to dull my good knives.

8. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Cool thread. I love a good knife. I have has a remmington and a windchester blade, but none seem to be able to hold up.

9. BBT

BBT Big Dog

Good to learn other game men are also into good quality knives. I collect Spyderco, Bark River, Camillus, McNees custom knives, and a few customs.

Right now I am selling my Mullica custom hunter camp. It's aus8 real bull horn handles and real bill hide horizontal sheath. Pm me if anyone is interested. I'm looking to buy Spydercos and McNees folder

10. elifan

elifan Big Dog

2012-04-19 19.37.18.jpg

nice knife lee,here's my trusty mossy oak knife it has seen it's fair share of cleaning game

11. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

my most recent Becker, the BK17, and the Sharpshooter pocket sheath i bought to carry it in. i already carry enought "junk" on my belt everyday,so i liked the idea of carrying a fixed blade in my pocket....barely noticeable

Kabar goodness....
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Kbars are nice. Hard to beat cold steal for my money! Lee you like nice knives so check out some of Craig Mann's stuff. Mann made knives.

13. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

you spelled it correctly...cold STEAL. they spend money on retarded marketing, have their knives made overseas which is dirt cheap using average at best materials, and sell to all the mall ninjas at $60 a pop. Lynn Thompson is a moron who smears other makers hoping to make his knives look like anything but polished turds.

14. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Lol. Take it your not a fan

15. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

i met Lynn ...enough said

16. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Well I have had good luck with a few of them.

17. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Benchmade.

18. mistabonz

mistabonz Top Dog

Benchmade are good knives.

19. jacko

jacko CH Dog

20. mccoypitbulls

mccoypitbulls Underdog

Dang - Everyone love this thread. I have some real kick ass knives to look into now. I always loved them, but never realized there were so many mfg, of custome type knives. Thanks for showing off your shanks yall.