1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Too much walking?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by DBlock, Aug 22, 2005.

1. PitDawg

PitDawg Big Dog

Too much walking? Like a few of us said, we're going to wear out before they will. I think it would only be too much walking if you've been walking for like 20 miles and your dog is feeling pain in his hips or if you dont give him any water the whole way. When you see your dog getting tired, it's time to pack it in for the day. But tomorrow, make the walk a little bit longer, and slowly work him up until he can go forever.

2. Judy

Judy CH Dog

I know huh? I'm all worn out after exercising Buster. Not normal walks but I've been doing flyball and running in the yard. He weighed in at 60 lbs at the vet..so he's lost 5 pounds since I've started training him.

3. PamJ

PamJ Pup

Dogs are in no danger of getting e-coli from meat, they eat poop.

4. DryCreek

DryCreek CH Dog

Canine's are carnivors and scavengers....they're digestive tracts are shorter than ours and are made to digest raw meat....BUT....ground beef is the worst meat of any that you can feed. It's the worst for us as well. It has a higher risk factor for contamination, due to the processing, which is why it is always supposed to be cooked to well done. A good cut of beef, on the other hand, can be eaten raw. I, personally, have never seen a dog graze in a rice paddy, nor start a fire to cook their food.
    If you want to feed your dog raw meat....get them the good stuff, not the crap. Organ meats, muscle meats and bone....hey, they're worth it....JMO:)

5. Desone

Desone Pup

Raw foods are better then kibble. Google the BARF diet and find out.
    Diamond is a shit food with alot of corn.