1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Too much walking?

Discussion in 'Sports & Activities' started by DBlock, Aug 22, 2005.

1. DBlock

DBlock Pup

I have a 2 1/2 year old male and I want to make his muscles more defined. I just started walking him 1.5 miles a day about a week ago. Do you think that this is too much/ not enough..? Also I have a 6 month old that I walk along with him. Do you think that this is too much/ not enough for a dog of his age..?

2. Big Papa

Big Papa CH Dog

i dont really know but what i think is that that shuold be good or may be more????

3. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

I have a 5 month old and I walk her at least 2 miles a day. And she still has energy. So 1.5 cant be that bad.

4. DBlock

DBlock Pup

Another question I have. I have a friend that been feeding his dog raw ground beef since he was a pup. He said his dog loves it and that it has helped him grow alot. His dog is 3 years old now and 120lbs, and every muscle on his body sticks out. Is raw ground beef good for dogs? And could this be the cause of his dog being so big?

5. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

i think its dam near impossible to over do hand walking. maybe alittle over rated though.

6. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

Raw beef!! Damn that's not good at least to my knowledge. I would prefer dog food. I feed my dog Diamond for puppys. It has 31 percent protien and 20 percent fat. she is now 5 months old and weighs 35 pounds. But I would leave that raw beef alone.

7. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

5 mons old and 35 pounds female? whew! sounds like a breatheing garbage
    disposal. i bet she could run through some ground beef in no time!;)
    an animals dietry track is a lot stronger than ours. the reason to feed raw is because cooking takes nutritonal values away from the food. i prefer chicken over beef. but a good feed is also hard to beat.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2005
  8. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

She likes Diamond. And she is not fat, smart ass. I love her and thats all that matters. Ive seen dogs bigger than that at 5 months. Just look at her pictures.

9. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

i didnt say anything about her being fat? where did that come from. mr mouth? i said the dog was big and could handle some beef. lmao. obviously shes bigger than what you like. or wouldnt be taking offence.

10. DBlock

DBlock Pup

I told him that I didnt think it was healthy. He feed him 3lbs of raw meat a week mixed in with his dog food(Eukanuba) and he gives him white rice from the chinese restaurant mixed in with it too. But I dont know what to think because his dog looks incredible and it seems to be in good health. I think i am kinda bias to it because I think of a human eating it. What do you guys think? Health or not?

11. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

excuse my french. its the military in me. i dont have time to think just react. I appologize.

12. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

if ant broke.......and seems to be working......

13. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

But No Beef.

14. CB

CB CH Dog

LoL thats all that matters. But to me only walking your dog 1.5 mile is not good enough i walk my dog 3 miles everyother day now. I would first just start increasing the walking each week so start next week by walking 2 miles. And then the next week walk the dog 2.5 and so on and so on.

15. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

2 miles a day is all I can put out. And I can only put out 2 miles because I pt from 0630 till 0830 every morning and afterwards i go to work. Then I come home and walk the dog and by then I am worn out. Then do it all over again the next day.

16. MR PITS

MR PITS Big Dog

whos dog is getting fed raw meat.

17. DEACON ROM

DEACON ROM Top Dog

3 miles every other day. under estimating an animlas work load. when it comes to hand walking the main thing to take in to account is the condition of there pads. 1 extra mile a week. is a very slow increase. and the animal should be more than caple of moving towards a goal at faster increases.

18. CB

CB CH Dog

Well what kinda dog does he have because that makes a difference do you have a game dog or a big blue mutt. But when i dont dont walk my dog sometimes i thrown the ball for 3 hours and he gets more of a workout. And i dont know about yall but when i walk my dog its at 3:00 in the morning is that bad or good. Because dont the dogs gain more muscle when they sleep cuz he sleeps right after i walk him.

19. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Guest

Thats fine for both dogs. I never heard of anyone over working there dog by hand walking them unless your walking them in very hot heat.

20. DBlock

DBlock Pup

Thanks alot guys for all of your help. I will give your ideas and input a try. I'm new to the site but im sure we will talk again.
    Thanks again