1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Tired of getting stuck in the d*mn mud!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by treezpitz, Jan 22, 2015.

1. treezpitz

treezpitz CH Dog Staff Member

Thanks for the example of the Samuri and the tires, Shotgun! I'm going to look into a pair of rear tires like that. Those would help out a lot!!
    LOL No Blue, I'm not stuck still HAHA. I got out before I started this thread. lol

2. postmandan

postmandan Big Dog

hahahahaha fella's this was a trick I learned long ago in Nam . we pulled all kinds of trucks out using this method.i've used it ever since. the thing is to use the cable on the pull tire hahahaha.the road to my home is a little over 1/2 mile== when I 1st got here more than a few times I pulled my old gmc backwards all the way down the road. thank God after over 20 years I've got my road better. Dan

3. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Those little sumari's are tough.Years ago I had a friend that had one and we beat on that thing bad and even flipped it a couple times.I like old dogs suggestion those Jeep Cherokees are awesome.I am going to be getting one of these pretty soon.

4. Some six foot lengths of 2 by 8 boards and a big jack darn what do they call those b u g four foot Jacks so yo u get it up in air push it off jack direction u need to get unstuck I r slide b I ads u nder if looks like it well work and drive out or use them to get a litt l e r u n at it or have a spool p uh t u n rear end so u have position t r action makes huge difference be smart when picking your line thru difficulties use momentum if possible at times be smart right

5. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

....it's ...ok folks...tdk...has got out ...we can call off the "international rescue pitteam"..lol......has me thinking up ideas for those mud grips...mmm..well the good thing is ya be ready next time...

6. treezpitz

Funny you ask for pics, OG, I did happen to take a couple pics when I was stuck on our property directly across the road from our house. I was over there cleaning up falling tree branches and that's where I was stuck for about 2 days lol. I didn't have to proper equipment so I had to go purchase some so the truck sat this like for a couple days. I didn't get any pics when I was stuck down the road more because it was raining and it was a muddy mess.
    [​IMG]
    And this was my failed attempt of shoving twigs and broken branches under the tire.
    [​IMG]
    Thanks for looking.

7. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Yeah those fiberglass underskirts aren't gonna last long. Need to get u in a proper redneck country ride like this.

[​IMG]

Now that old truck would take ya where ya wanted to go and has gotten me outta places I shouldn't have been.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

8. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

This is what I call old Shotgun.
    [​IMG]

9. treezpitz

I plan on taking the underskirts off, shotgun, if they don't get ripped off before lol. I'm glad you said that, maybe I should get under there today and take them off. I think I will do that.

10. treezpitz

Now that is what I need, bkblok! lol That won't get stuck around here I'm sure! lol

11. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

Bgblok yep that one has a few years on it. Good lookin ol mud buggy there. Ain't that a willys. I bet that dude will paw too.

Shotgun
    Arkansas

12. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

...get a tank...or a big cata;;;

13. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Is that truck lowered too treez? Either that or shotgun's truck is raised

14. treezpitz

Not positive on this, ursa, but I don't believe mine is lowered. I think that's the running boards that make it look that way. Either way, they need to come off and that's been one of my smaller projects I haven't got to yet. Shotgun's does look a little high though, I thought his might have a little raise to it. I only bought this truck when we bought this property so I haven't had this truck all that long.

15. BLUE8BULL

BLUE8BULL CH Dog

ya have some work ahead off ya ....don't forget to show results..lol..g-luck

16. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Yeah Shotgun its a '48 Willys sitting on a '74 Chevy frame. It done ok with the 468 BBC and bull dog 4-speed. When I retired it to the street for the ole lady to drive I pulled the 468 and 4-speed for another toy and dropped a 355 SBC and automatic in it. Treez those ground effects will catch and collect mud and bottom out making it easier to get stuck. I think the last pair I took off were held on with 1/4" sheet metal screws. A drill and nut driver makes it a 5-10 minute job.

17. treezpitz

Thanks a lot, blue. I sure will update the thread.
    I plan on getting to it today or tomorrow, I've honestly meant to already just have other stuff that took priority. I greatly appreciate the continued advice, bgblok! Hopefully I 'll get them off today. Gracias, amigo!

18. treezpitz

She has more room underneath of her. I can't believe I took this long to do it. Like bgblok said, it didn't take long at all. Now I need to put a winch on the front of it and get some mud tires for the back.
    [​IMG]

19. ursaminor

ursaminor Top Dog

Never mind the mud it actually looks like a truck now :)

20. shotgun wg

shotgun wg Big Dog

My truck above has a 3" body lift with the torsion bars tightend and air shocks on the rear. It is sitting on 33"x12.50" maxis buckshot mudders . I bought that truck new in Nov '96 and sold it 3 months ago. She was a good one.

Treez if u don't put a grip on the back I would atleast look into a good agressive A/T tire. It will give a lil more bite with less roar on the road. U could put those all the way around and it would improve steering also on gravel or muddy roads as well. U get the hang of it u can go a lot of places just like she sits now.

Shotgun
    Arkansas