1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

tire???

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Esse818, Nov 21, 2006.

1. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

it sounds stupid but how do i make my dog use a tire? she learned not to chew on things but her toys. she roams my back yard but i ve been telling her not to chew on almost every thing, also how about those metal wires in a tire wont they stab her mouth?

thanks to anyone who can help.

-ese818

2. Attila

Attila Guest

Well I wouldn't use a tire that was too wore out. But some dogs just don't take interest in them. I buy those tuff balls in the horse size and the dogs love them things I fill them with water and the dogs play with them till they beat all the water out. Dang near holds a gallon. Works their jaws and necks real good. But Night Shade could care less about them. Give her a stainless steel bowl and she will put her front paws in it and ride it around the yard. She is the damnded dog I ever seen. If I take the bowl from her she will bark at it non stop till I give it back. At first she had a pet rock that she did that with. I hit it with the mower and she just pouted for a long time till I got her a water bowl that was stainless and she took to that thing so I have to put her water in a bucket and her food in a pot. Can't be shinny or she will dump it and play with the dish. Dog is nuts. Try one of those go cart tires they are smaller more like a toy but strong as hell.

3. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

o wow, u got one wierried dog, where and how much can u get those balls ur talking about.

4. Attila

Attila Guest

They have smaller ones at Petsmart and petco. But at the seed and feed stores they have the large ones that horses like to play with.

5. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

k thanks, i ve been working her out all over but her mouth i need some thing, i think thug of war aint good enough 4 a god pit.

6. Attila

Attila Guest

I believe you are right. They need to chew things to keep their teeth clean too.

7. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

i went to pet co. .com but the tuff ball didn't come up.

8. Attila

Attila Guest

It is a heavy rubber ball with one handle made onto it. Kinda like a teather ball but heavy rubber. They are often red but the horse ones come in other colors. I may be calling it by the wrong name. Might be called a Rino ball. I know one thing it is tough. Not indistructable but last several months. Nothing seems to last these dogs much longer than that. Well Stillwaters collars last a long time. He makes some really nice products.

9. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Get a non-steel belted tire. They come off of riding lawnmowers and such. A tire place will give you a junk one for free. No metal to worry about.

10. NORTH

NORTH Top Dog

I use a tire off a atv. They have no wires in them. They are big enough to hold up awhile and small enough for your dog to shake around and have fun with. most of my dogs and pups love the hell outta them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T475xRbqdF8

11. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

so the metal can cause some damage right. well im going to a tire shop today let see if i get lucky

12. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

I got one of the black, heavy duty kongs. Mercedes loves that thing, that and her brick. She's had the kong for about 2 weeks or so now and it's holding up great. I fill it with peanut butter once in a while, keeps her very busy. Its great to throw around too, it bounces all over, she loves to chase it.

13. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Dirtbike tires ;)

14. Marty

Marty Guest

Well we take out the metal so there is no danger...
    [​IMG]
    (Kinda crooked cut) but you get the pictiure!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2006
  15. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

thanks a knog ball? i want to work the jaw, is that a good exercise? i got the rest of her body in good condition.

16. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

how u do that? man i thought i was a better pit bull owner but f*** i need to learn a lot more.

17. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

18. Esse818

Esse818 Big Dog

19. purplepig

purplepig CH Dog

I had assumed he was talking about the belts under the tread and not the bead.

Esse, you can get those....what ya call them,,, duplex, bi plex, something like that, any way, instead of steel belted, they are like 6 ply rubber, and cut the bead off of them.

20. davidlau_2002

davidlau_2002 Top Dog

yep. i use dirtbike tires or road motorcycle tires and cheap non-steel belted used tires are free at the gas station. just ask... but in terms of playing with the tires, they either like 'em or not.