1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Thread for fact checking

Discussion in 'The Cause, Justice for the Dogs' started by prpitdawg, Jun 12, 2009.

1. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
  2. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

i woudlnt use that last link (ALF)- i wouldnt use self admitted terrorists stories taken off a wire report ( i.e find the same story, using the associated press, rueters, etc, link, and leave the radicals out of it)

3. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

that's why i'm asking for people's help to check out stories first. thanks.
    i took out that last link so no one would think they have to check it out.

4. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

5. Michele

Michele CH Dog Super Moderator

6. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

does anyone have any links where i can find actual statistics about the hsus and peta? things like the ratio of number of dogs "rescued" to the number euthanized. the dollar amount received annually from charitable contributions. ratios on bite statistics of apbt compared to other breeds, ranks are also good. i'd also like video of peta demonstrations. i remember seeing a video somewhere about several peta members admitting to being terrorists and peta was still giving them funds, that would be a great thing to have for the website. i need irrefutable information from reliable sources.

another thing needed for the website. i know there are some excellent writers on this forum. an essay on the history of the apbt would be great. something with origins up to modern day uses in society. whoever writes it would be given full credit if they choose to have it, or i could put it was written by anonymous.
    thank you in advance for all assistance provided.

7. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

HSUS is Morally Compromised, Just Like Michael Vick

Center for Consumer Freedom: Humane Society of the United States is Morally Compromised, Just Like Michael Vick

$200 million animal rights group raised money with false promise to care for Vick's dogs

WASHINGTON, May 20 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- As the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) prepares to kiss and make up with convicted dogfighter Michael Vick, the nonprofit Center for Consumer Freedom (CCF) is calling on the animal rights group to return the money it raised with the false promise that it would care for the dogs rescued from Vick's former home.

Beginning on July 18 -- the day after Vick's criminal indictment -- HSUS promised on its website that financial contributions would help it "care for the dogs seized in the Michael Vick case." The New York Times later reported that HSUS was not, in fact, caring for the animals. HSUS president Wayne Pacelle told the Times that his group is recommending that government officials "put down" (kill) the dogs rather than adopt them out to suitable homes.

After CCF publicized this deception, HSUS quietly altered its online fundraising pitch. And despite HSUS's stated desire to see the dogs killed, CNN reports that most of them are being successfully rehabilitated by genuine animal-rescue groups.

"Most Americans can't stand dogfighting," said CCF Director of Research David Martosko. "But they also can't stand phony fundraising claims. If HSUS keeps the money it raised by promising it would care for Michael Vick's dogs, the group is just as morally compromised as he is."

The Humane Society of the United States is not affiliated with any local "humane societies." The organization does not own or operate any hands-on dog or cat shelters in the U.S. Less than 4 percent of its budget in 2007 was passed through to legitimate pet shelters.

"HSUS knows that Americans are dog lovers, and it's exploiting their emotions to build a war chest for anti-meat, anti-dairy, and anti-medical-research campaigns," Martosko added. "HSUS should return every cent and apologize for misleading the public."

-- The New York Times article is available online at

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/01/sp...vick.html?_r=1

-- CNN's reporting is available online at

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/images/hsus_clip.png

-- HSUS's false fundraising claim is preserved online at

For more information about the Humane Society of the United States, visit www.HumaneWatch.org

The Center for Consumer Freedom is a nonprofit coalition supported by restaurants, food companies, and consumers, working together to promote personal responsibility and protect consumer choices.

SOURCE = Center for Consumer Freedom

http://triangle.bizjournals.com/tria.../05/20/DC20387

I have shit loads of more info on the h$u$ and how inhumane they really are. tell me if you want more

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/07/vic...hab/index.html
    to the person who sent me this thanks! i've been trying to send you a pm but it won't let me. didn't know if you wanted credit for the info so i didn't name you. but yes more info would be great.

8. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

Just an observation:

The Center for Consumer Freedom is a special interest group, much like PETA, just on the other end of the spectrum. If you are going to use them as a source for fact, you will need to discern what is the truth and what they are exaggerating.

They definately have PETA and the HSUS in their sights, but may tend to skew some of the facts, a political manuever, a part of the game called politics.

Just food for thought....I would run with more credible fact sources before I would cite this source, or research their claims thoroughly before citing as fact.:)

If you are going to make claims against PETA and the HSUS, sometimes using the statistics on their own sites, such as PETA's year end reports, for example, would be a great resource.

9. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i'll take your advice and look at their site possibly using their own info against him.:D

10. Vicki

Vicki Administrator Staff Member

11. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

12. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

i found that first link in that website. alot of good info in there. thanks.