1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on ordering a carpet mill from this website

Discussion in 'Products & Equipment' started by kayo45, Jul 16, 2010.

1. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

2. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

3. Out of those 2 go with the grand. The other is a cheap ass knock off of the grand made out of pine. All the grands are made with good hardwoods and are truly quality mills. The deluxe model is big enough for most APBT's. If you got big ass dogs may wanna get the bigger one.

I own a grand and the only thing I am not happy with is the belts wear out too fast.

If I had it to do over again I would get a mountain mill carpet mill from Sam V in Colorado. They are the by far the best carpet mills produced anywhere.

4. kayo45

kayo45 Top Dog

Thanks for the input Boogieman

Guess I will be going with the Grand Carpet mill then. i'm jus trying to get the mill early to introduce my new pup to it to get him desensitized to the mill now so it will be easy to run him on it when he is older and ready.

5. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Colby makes the a great carpet mill . Go with the Grand if those are the two of your choice Mr.Goodson Made a very nice carpet mill too I think thats where Grand got their design. That Other Mill (Revolution) is Garbage its look cheap and poorly constructed and they have the nerve to ask $370 for it lmao it costs maybe 75 to build it .

6. GI Joe

GI Joe Big Dog

I have a GCM that I got as a X-Mas gift 2 or 3 years back that I am looking to sell for $300.Nothing wrong with it I moved to the country and pull my dogs PM if you are interested in it only if you are serious no tire kickers.I will not ship located in Mi.

7. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

the grand is not a bad mill if you only have one dog and use it for one or two conditionings/shpws a year...you will get some life out of it that way...use it for several dogs throughout the year and the life expectancy of the belt is not that cost effective...the colby mill is nice but is some serious cash (mill plus shipping)....plus the one we have turns a little tight for me....
    if i could find carpet like i like i would go back to making mine...the carpet i used went to a cheaper (near non-existent backing) and it is too flimsy for what i am looking for...i hate just buying carpet just to experiment....my carpet mills are very free turning....at top end doamn near slat mill free...but on the bottom end the dog has to drive it...can set the pace and get the best of both worlds....US1

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

LMAO I was thinking the same thing. They'd move a lot more at $175 Doesn't look like it'd last long.

Go with the GCM Deluxe.

9. KDW

KDW Native Nightmare

maybe will aswell order at GCM, curious how much will cost for ship to EU :rolleyes:

10. Irish Pitbull

Irish Pitbull Top Dog

It's terrible living over here init, so far from everything lol ^^

11. deadgam33

deadgam33 CH Dog

i would get the grand for the same price the grand is way better.

12. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

This is one of the nicer Carpet mills ive seen . It moves pretty smooth i have no idea who makes or how to get one

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYppP4f6oNo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DYppP4f6oNo&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
    <object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6eqVGH5ObU&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

13. slim12

that is a nice looking mill....carpet mills are not that hard to make...i bought plans and made my first one...it worked but it was not a smooth operator...kept the same basic design but chagned rollers types five or six times...the last time i 'stumbled' upon a very nice set up...if the dog slows he has to drive the mill like a carpet mill should be...when he opens up to full stride the mill turns much like a slatmill...really free and smooth...this mill is similar in operation...looks nice....US1

14. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

Did you go with the steel conveyor rollers or the Lawnmower wheels in a pvc pipe as a roller ? . The thing about the belt is if you have edge binding it will last a lot longer because when the sides rub its doesnt wear on the carpet to make it fray . But if you just need a belt in a hurry go to any carpet store and ask for remnants they are usually super cheap sometimes free . Get a thin carpet get a long enough and sturdy zipper sew it on and you will be good to go . Spray down your running board with a graphite spray lube and that will keep it slick and easy moving also.

15. slim12

the rollers i ended up with are a homemade design...the roller is a 82MM roller blde wheel....the carpet i used to get was a runner carpet from Lowe's...made a bunch of mills and then Lowe's carpet vendor went to a lower quality runner carpet...i have not found a carpet i like as of yet....i overlapped and glued the carpet...worked perfectly....US1

16. machobuck

machobuck Big Dog

So what's better the carpet mill or the slate mill guy offered a new slate mill at 700 bucks but I'm likin the look of that gcm and its cheaper lol

17. Mextra

Mextra Big Dog

The Slat is better its free turning so its easier to work (If its well built ) Carpet mill have a purpose it builds more muscle mass and give a good general work out in a short time . Number one rule of Mill work is MAKE SURE YOUR DOG IS EMPTY BEFORE YOU PUT HIM ON.

18. ShakaZ

ShakaZ CH Dog

whats wrong with shipping to mi?