1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is what this site is about!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2006.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

Shon How could you say they tucked there tail and ran. You never were around to know the people or talk to them. Marty was in there every night talking and cutting up with us he knew the people. You never came and talked to the people. They stuck around because of marty was a good Admin. Yall were about to make or let marty make his own site because he was letting people talk about game dogs to much and you didnt want that. What if people want to know about historical matches and a little about the history of the APBT and how they were [] dogs. Do you just tell them to go to some other site because this isnt the site to talk about it. And most of those people that did talk about game dogs and were dedicated to the site got banned by you shon for talking about your or something in a PM and you found out about. Nobody ever bad mouth Marty at all because he was always in chat talking to us and nobody disliked him. I dont dislike you shon at all but i think this site should be more then what it is and not just for people with pet pit bull's. I will stick around if thats ok with you and see what the site turns out to be.

2. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

CB- dont be so hostile bro, you know we want you to stay ;)

3. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Please stay CB, I would love to know more history and love personal anecdotes. However, I do NOT want any APBT dogs endangered. So, since we don't really have free speech in this country and stuff you say may be used against you and others...it pays to be really discreet in public forums. It's sad but that is reality now in our country. You know the original quote of "My country right or wrong?" It's "to defend her when she is right and to correct her when she is wrong" I'll try to find out who said it when I have more time after work...
    In any case, yes, please stick around CB...

Also, yes who is the "real" 14rock? Inquiring minds want to know..lol.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2006
  4. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Okay, I'm a newbie on this site....but I would just like to reiterrate something I said earlier. IF WE DON'T STICK TOGETHER WE ALL LOSE!!!! I don't know how to be any more clear on this. I think everyone on here realizes this. Yet the argument continues. From the mission statement of the site it seems to me it isn't set up to be exclusively for game bred dog enthusiasts only. I for one sincerely have a place in my heart for real APBT lovers of all kinds. We all share a common interest, and common goals. We are a family, and with all that we're up against, it does none of us any good to point fingers and bicker constantly. When I joined here a couple weeks ago, I thought this would be different from the other discussion boards I've been on. And it seemed as though it was......for about 2 days. A house divided cannot stand......

5. Yes, he was a good comedian. Mister a dogman? Not from what others have told me. Yet, he was able to post some good information. Too bad his age got in the way of his posts sometimes (childish rebuttals or insulting remarks).

Uh.....sorry but if you notice my title, I have to make a comment re your above statement.

Many of the older members/moderators/admins left because they found out their privacy was being violated by either Shon or Marty. Most believe it to be Shon. It was told to me by several of them that Private Messages (PMs) were been read. One of them was banned for talking bad about one of the owners in a PM (Like CB stated). Yet, it was not that it was told to that owner, it was that he read it himself. This violation of trust acted as a catalyst for the mass departure. Personally, I do not worry about it because I am clear as water. I will not state something here and conversely under a PM.

Sorry Shon but you brought that up.

I agree with you on this statement. Yet, it is better to be banned for expressing yourself than be infinitely glorified for acting like someone else.

Yet, I can understand why Marty banned you. I feel he cares for 14 as if he was a family member. (from his "I will reply when I have calmed down")

Well, to me the BSL and those against game testing are in the same side, the destruction of our breed.

If we "wait" to defeat BSL before looking into game testing, we will have already lost our breed. Game testing is a NECESSITY for the survival of the breed. I am not saying that all APBT owners should test or match their dogs. That is not my stance at all, in fact, most should not do either. What I am stating is that those into breeding our dogs should be allowed to test their stock before considering breeding. This way, only the best of each stock is bred and the trait we all love will be preserved.

What will happen if we breed our dogs without testing? The first and second generations of offspring will be a crap shoot (to find a game dog); third and fourth will be almost impossible. Thus, if we do not fight for the right to test our stock the way other breeders test their purpose bred animals, we will still loose our dogs. So, in short, we must fight against BSL and for our right to professionally test our dogs.

Remember that we love our dogs for their 90% heart and 10% looks.

Regards,

RH

6. CB

CB CH Dog

Good post EXCEPT and you know im going to say something. Dont bring no more shit up about misterdogman because like i told you before until you know the guy and sat down with him then you talk shit. DO not talk shit about someone that isnt here to defend thereself. Othere then that good post.

debodebo likes this.
  7. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

CB-are you still in contact with Misterdogman? He just up and disappeared, as well as none of my contacts knowing him, even though he was supposed to live about an hour away. This led me to believe something just wasnt right with the story, and I forgot about it until now. If you know this man, let me know, I would like to be put in contact with him again if he's legit.

8. CB, you got a pm!

simms likes this.
  9. CB

CB CH Dog

Im still in contact with Misterdogman very much. You get these dumb ass's that hear something from one person and make assumption about a person they dont know or never met. Rocky you KNOW that post was to stir shit up about misterdogman and me knowing him doesnt go past me to well. You can talk shit about him to as many people as you want but at the end of the day you need to realize you dont even know the guy or even spoke to him.

10. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

CB- Everyone wants you here. If you left you would be very missed. You should relax a little. This breed has grown SO much in popularity that the public needs education more than ever. Every new dog owner needs hard core training, but this breed tends to require more experienced owners and unfortunately there are so many being adopted out of shelters or bought from BYB's by people who are inexperiened that it can get overwhelming. Eventually the fad will calm down, maybe that is the ultimate goal of BSL ( of course, I don't support that, it doesn't work and it hurts the best breeds ) This forum helps. Of course you are valued and appreciatted. You should find a way to reconnect with the older members who you miss because I'm sure you could find a way to full fill that need. You should relax, the public needs your input and your knowledge. You've got yourself a nice looking merle, so I am sure you are able to connect with those less game motivated.

11. pennsooner

pennsooner CH Dog

IMO, speaking out publicly in favor of dogfighting in a POLITICAL sense (gametesting) is insane. I've NEVER met one, lawabiding, disinterested person who approves of any form of dogfighting. From what I've read on here and elsewhere, a lot of internet "dogmen" at are out of touch with reality in a serious way. Wake up folks, its a lost cause.

Someone wants to gametest? Fine, be aware its highly illegal and keep your head down and your mouth shut. Don't be cluless enough to want to try to tie the fight against BSL (which effects every dog in the "Pitbull" catagory) with your desire to tilt at windmills. Pure political suicide.

12. Marty

Marty Guest

Just would like to add that CB and rockys human are members where the old members are at, why they would come here and try to discredit this site should be obvious, I had a long talk with CB last night and I hope it helped, but I will no longer tolerate the underminding of this site, this is a first and last warning.

The Watcher likes this.
  13. CB

CB CH Dog

Me and You and a long talk last night and you knocked some sence into my head. I do not go on that "other" site and i told you the reason why. But thanks for the talk last night marty.

14. Marty

Marty Guest

CB I hope it did help in someway, all this could/should have been in PMs or chat, anytime you need me I'm here man.

15. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I've been reading lots of threads today- and observing helpful comments from CB, Rocky, and Rock where it is definately needed- but this comment alone is a perfect example of why I feel this site is so great. I don't know of many administrators so dedicated to their members, or vice versa.
    CB- your family didn't break apart- it just looks like they had a bunch of kids and now you an uncle! :D

16. CB

CB CH Dog

Well i am no way more educated then alot of members here. But like i was saying to marty last night i was just like these pet bull people and new people on the site and i got asked stupid ass questions and got chewed out by alot of the members but i stuck around and never stoped trying to learn and that gave me most of my knowledge so i say if yall stick around this site and ask reasonable questions and not dumb ones then you will have knowledge about the breed.

17. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

What are you talking about, what post was meant to stir up shit about misterdogman? I'm serious, last post of his I seen was supposedly his mother or something on his name on the site (which she found on his computer) that was trying to track him down....went down South, then the hurricane came and hadnt heard from him in a long time. Look at his last posts. Are you implying I am trying to start shit? If so, you need to realize your making mountains out of mole-hills man. Your looking for every little reason to fight, and blowing up about things without a clear understanding of what is really going on. My post did not imply anything negative about misterdogman, I simply wondered if you still talked to him, because I found the circumstances with which he left odd to say the least.

18. Marty

Marty Guest

14rock the post was ment for Rockys human not you man ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2006
  19. CB

CB CH Dog

14 I was not replying to you at all you are getting out of hand with this i never meant that towards you. I was replying to rocky's human because on another site he mad a thread about misterdogman having fake dogs and paper hung and he isnt a dogman when he doesnt even know they guy. I replied to you by saying yes im still in contact with him but the other stuff was towards rocky human. Sorry you took that the wrong way. But Misterdogman was a hurricane katrina victim for 73 days and has to take alot of pills because of what happend why he was there. He isnt as active in the game like he was but is still active in the dogs. Sorry you thought i was talking to you 14.

20. Marty

Marty Guest

PS forgot to reply to this...

And for your info, I had had a bad day and could not stand myself as I was VERY pi$$ed off, you don't know me and never will so keep your assumption's to yourself, and this is what I said...
    I do not take out my anger here on the site thats why I didn't reply.

And futher more he has been unbanned by me! as long as he can keep his cool!

And I look at all the members as my family FYI.