1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is what this site is about!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2006.

1. CB

CB CH Dog

Shit i dont even think i remember my original name ive changed it so much haha. But marty and shon back to yall. I know yall are paying a shit load to keep this site running and alot of dogs to feed so i know thats hurting your pockets. But are you really getting what your paying for with this site i mean is this all worth it to yall to pay to see people talk about how pretty there dogs are and stuff.

2. catcher T

catcher T CH Dog

I remember your name too,,LOL,,I know what your saying,,every night there would be a gangle full of pple in chat,,now everytime I look there is no-one,,I am not one to talk about a pretty dog unless its in confirmation,,I am all about what a dog can do for me,,I totally understand what your saying

3. X

X Banned

Changed into something we didn't want it to and now we can't control it? That sounds like an assumption to me. Just because you have an opinion on something doesn't make it true. In fact, it is beginning to emerge into exactly what it was meant to be. That "so-called" family you spoke of was supposed to start out as the backing of the site, but all of the "dogmen" that supposedly left because of the "petbull" people showing up did nothing more than tuck tail and run. To be honest, I'm glad some of them left, and there are some still around who claim themselves to be "dogmen" and do nothing but complain about how the site is ran, the people on the site, and offer their egotistical "solution" for the so-called "petbull problem." Those people are the problem, not the people who actually take pride in their animals, care for them to the best of their ability, and take the initiative to further their knowledge and help educate others from their experience and what they have learned along the way.
    The site didn't change, it evolved and you simply chose to be left behind.
    You know? I only help pay, when I can, when there isn't enough in the account to cover it. I actually don't put much money at all into it, so technically I don't have to answer that last single-sided, stereotypical question.

Riptora, The Watcher and LuvinBullies like this.
  4. CB

CB CH Dog

See shon nobody can say nothing about the site with out you coming on and being a smart ass about there comments. Im not trying to start shit and I hope i dont get banned. I stuck around because i was and am still a dedicated member of this site. The other people left because they didnt want to voice there opinion because they knew you would come and be a smart ass to them just like you are to me. I can try and make a point to marty because he doesnt try and say im wrong and be a smart ass but if you get in it you talk down to people it stupid. If you want we can take this in a pm instead but im not the only one that feels like this on this site im just the only one that has the balls to speak up about it.

5. The Watcher

The Watcher Till The Wheels Fall Off.

I thought this should be re-wound and repeated.

6. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Self edit...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2006
  7. idgie

idgie Big Dog

Shon's right - I've been here learning since nearly the beginning, as a petbuller interested in gamedogs, and the site was always intended to bring these communities together, to learn from each other, and for the good of the breed. That "about us" statement was written ages ago. The problem isn't the petbull people who join (they are welcome!) - it's the gamedoggers who leave. It is a shame, but I think it's partly just that experienced folks get tired of answering the newbie questions, and they move on. I do miss some of the old members who are no longer active, but there are new interesting voices all the time.

8. The Watcher

laurajean likes this.
  9. 505 BOY

505 BOY Banned

well u can ban me again but i'll be back. to set the record straight i was called out by rock i did not say anything to or about him until after that. as a matter of fact all i said is exactly what shon just got through saying. and then i got pounced on. to those of u that read half a thread and make a snap judgement well that is plain ignorance on your part. rockys human thank you for acknowledging that i have a right to my opinion. also i respect and am proud of this breeds history that does not mean it is to be done in todays world. i am not ignorant when it comes to this breed and i too am still learning. so my point is this it's crap that i got banned for sticking up for myself . and to all of those that hide behind your keyboards and the rep point system u can still kiss my ass good day.

The Watcher likes this.
  10. The Watcher

many of the ppl on this forum have met, still meet, and can be caught in public at local shows. dont make it sound like someone needs to or wants to hide. thats simply not true.
    "hell, a simple phone call, and we could show together in 7 days."

Vicki likes this.
  11. Attila

Attila Guest

My kennel was established under my name with assistance of both my grandfathers both Dogmen it was them that helped me get started and founded my first dogs in 1976. As we all know that was a time of change. Taking the best of both they named the Kennel. Though they are both dead and gone but not forgotten I retain the Name they chose together for me. In this short period of time much has changed in the dog world. 76 was a biggening of a rough change for many folks. Many of us have had to watch our asses over the years. Freedoms and liberties have changed and been modified. We either adapt and move on or we get left behind or fall victom of our own lack of change. Those that chose to not change found themselves in trouble with the law. It is a new dawn and a new generation of people trying to change the world we live in. I don't like change either but in order to survive we have to regroup adapt and overcome obsicles. Yes some times it sucks. I can't recall having any issues with any of the moderators, administrators, owners at all. Oh My young friend Rock and I had to do some figuring out on mindset of each other but it was a pleasant and rewarding discussion that may or may not have been concidered a debate. I am glad I didn't Just shut him out nor he I. I believe we came to a full understanding. CB In my personal observations Shon has not been a smart ass to you about this. I understand your reluctance to change and adapt. However lashing out on Shon isn't going to help this matter. Take time to reflect on what knowledge you have to offer those new and up comming people. There is a new one born every day. To you questions may be rhetorical, to the new person they don't know that it may have been answered a thousand times. Just answer the question and move on. Eventually it will become nature to do so and wont eat at you so much. life is way too short to fight it. Those old days were just a few years ago. And this site has grown into one of the most informative sites I have yet to see on any given topic. Chatting was popular for many sites a few years ago. It is played out and has become another nusance in the world of getting things done. My ex-wife likes to chat maybe you could hook up with her and chat your asses off. There has to be some use for her. Just don't get involved with her she likes to cheat or has no ethics when it comes to relations. There are some smart asses but Shon isn't one of them. Time to do some reflections take a good long look in the mirror and see where your finger points. I love this site and love many in it both from the old school and the new train of thoughts. Life is a cycle and the road has many turns and obsticles. Ride them out dude.

12. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I fail to see how a childish attempt to discredit someone because you simply don't like them has anything whatsoever to do with what Shon said.
    As I said before, you haven't offered anything worth mentioning the entire time you have been here. Instead, you insist on being a smartass. I have went back and read alot of your posts and I can't see any true knowledge or anything worth reading. Yet, you want to disrespect someone that is beneficial to the board. You claim that you are not ignorant in the breed and that you have been with the breed 10 or so years. Funny, through all that knowledge and experience you haven't been able to do any good here.
    You are right, you are being banned and you will be banned every time you act an ass. Grow up.

13. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Ok, I have read through the posts, and a couple have gotten my panties in a bunch. I AM an APBT owner, they are my pets. I dont do shows or weightpull or anything of that nature. I do play with them, love them, feed them, walk them, etc. They do live INSIDE my home. Now, tell me how many of you also do these things, ALL of us, RIGHT? So who gives a shit if they are "petbulls" or not, they ARE still APBT. And if you have a problem with us "petbullers" you can take it to my PM. We are here to do the same things the "game" (and I use that term loosley) doggers are, learn and educate. So with that said, if ya dont like the fact that we are here, too bad, kiss my butt, I love this site and I'm staying! :p

LuvinBullies and The Watcher like this.
  14. The Watcher

glad to have A.M around-

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2006
    LuvinBullies likes this.
  15. laurajean

laurajean Top Dog

Ya know, Plato, this long dead Greek guy said at one time..."Be kind, everyone is fighting a hard battle."
    I love this site. Wild horses couldn' drag me off it. To you Rocky's Human, let me say this. Let's save the breed we all love...APBT and then let's debate "testing" them.(APBT) (If you want to debate "testing them" can't you do that elsewhere?) When people are allowed to really speak their opinions in our "so-called" free country. When people can debate their ideas without descending to personal attacks against others who diasagree with their opinions.
    I am also human and sometimes get annoyed with opinions expressed here. But everyone has a right to their opinions even those who disagree with me or do not like me or my ideas...They can even say they don't like me or my opinions. I 'm okay with that. There are people here I don't like...but I still think they should be able to express their opinions.
    Then, there are people here I do not personally know but would love to as I feel we could really be friends... are friends...
    There are people who are unfailingly kind and patient and willing to share their knowledge, even though it is the 50,000 time the same old question has been asked.
    If that bores some, just skip over it. I skip around on the site and read what interests me. This site has been a wonderful resource and education for me. I am a better dog owner and more able to present my dog in a good light to the general public and that reflects on the whole breed of APBT. That has to benefit the "old-time" dogmen. To present APBT's to the public and have them respond positively...
    We have to deal with things the way they are now, and not bemoan the way things used to be. I think a lot of people here said it all... They know who they are.
    A big thanks to Shon and Marty for all you have done for the breed, for me, for my dog and for all the members of this site. Also a big thanks to the patient and kind moderators who volunteer their time to make this site the best of pit bull forums. and, of course, the wonderful members....all APBT owners and lovers.
    No doubt about it, this site is special...yeah, it'll change, I just hope it keeps on going....

Riptora and catcher T like this.
  16. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Nm pits, since I'm sure you will be back in 5 minutes under another new name, please clarify how you got "pounced all over".

Since you were implying "us stuck in the past" (even though I do not match dogs) are curs, I simply asked you if you would like to back that opinion up. I'm game, and every couple weeks me and some buddies get together to test eachother. The offer still stands, you let me know when you want to come to Illinois, and I'll set something up. Its all in vain, we all know you were simply cur-snapping.

You mean the folks who gave you the opportunity to own the dogs you do today, and the folks who allow you to bad mouth them to make yourself feel bigger? I dont remember a single post from an old valued member who has left, such as Texasbulldogs that had "nothing to offer". On the flip side of the coin, I cant recall a single post of yours worth mentioning. You are of the type who would rather sit back in the shadows, bitching and shouting about whats wrong with everyone else, instead of getting up off the bleachers and showing us how its done. Since you have so much more knowledge than "those assholes with nothing to offer anyway" by all means, pm me with your new name and I will allow you to stay, provided you are posting informative material. Your attempts to discredit me are humorous, I have never claimed to be a "dogman" and have stated many times I am merely a devote fancier of the breed, and a historian. If you post within the rules of the forum, and start contributing to the forum in ways that are more educational than "those assholes that left" used to post, instead of merely bitching about the forum, I will be glad to reinstate a name, hell I will get your old name unbanned, and you can come back. If not, you will be culled-again.

1 person likes this.
  17. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Lets just worry about getting an amendment to ban BSL then we can move on to other things.

18. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

33mta3-now I'm curious, who am I? :p

19. Suki

Suki Guest

"There are some smart asses but Shon isn't one of them. Time to do some reflections take a good long look in the mirror and see where your finger points. I love this site and love many in it both from the old school and the new train of thoughts. Life is a cycle and the road has many turns and obsticles. Ride them out dude".....[​IMG]

The only thing that EVER stays the same
    is change .....

and if it's for the betterment of man kind, embrace it, and help to make it happen... otherwise, go live on an island somewhere.

People come and go for a variety of reasons. I would still consider myself relatively new on this forum, and during these months, many older members stopped posting, just as many new members started posting. Yeah, there was a "shift in the masses", so to speak. It'd be great to see more '04 and '05 members posting; the diversity in the posts, imo, makes for some great reading. I hope many of the "originals" will stick around and continue posting. I think many original members would be suprised if they knew how welcomed their replies are, and have been, despite how they may now feel. This forum wouldn't be what it is today, if it didn't have its past. I can only hope that all of us, older members and new ones, will continue, despite an occassional difference of opinion, to help each other be better APBT owners. Isn't that basically why we're all here...:)..., anyway???...

20. Mercepitdog

Mercepitdog Big Dog

Gheeez...if the changes are getting to the point where you repete it 2,3 or more. Leave god damnit,. the changes are minor, the site was always like that from the start anyway. with sites like these of course some first time doggers are going to join and asking questions...