1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is what this site is about!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2006.

1. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

i understand the breeds history. i am fine with it.. i am NOT fine with thugs who treat the dogs as objects in the way they think it should be done. i am NOT fine with thugs /drugdealers./gangmembers who breed the HA into the breed.. THAT i am not fine with.. i am honestly not happy with game testing, HOWEVER... its the breeds history... i am fine with that... i am not fine with abuse, cruelty, or ignorance as well..... i do rescue yes.. but i love and respect the old ways of the breed. am i happy that this is how the breed became? no. all i am concerned with is that the breed does not become extinct. and that peta/bsl does not get their way... i care about the welfare of the breed.. thats it.. i care that its MY RIGHT to own whatever breed i want., and if ANYONE screws up MY RIGHT to own my breed of CHOICE i will fight for my breed.. dont screw up this breed for me, as i have a pet bull , mix, yeah, but still he looks like a purebred.. If anyone trys to take my right away they willl be sorry.. we all have to stick together, if we dont peta and bsl will be laughing as the dogs are being slaughtered like they are now in denver... as far as denver goes- its the owners there that are at fault. they KNEW the ban was in effect, so what if it wasnt active, it was THERE.. the owners are the ones that caused their dogs DEATHS...

anyway., we all must stick together. i think if the dogmen and the rescue/pet owners are alright with each other, we can all learn to stick together and fight for this breed, whether working or pet...

besides, all you working guys are just JEALOUS that my petbull looks this good:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
  2. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

ROTFLMAO! I'd never mess with a pit in that getup...he's probably chaffed a little and ready to scrap with the first person who has something to say about his mama.

Imagine the police report: "...and he was wearing a cowboy hat, I SWEAR!"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  3. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

yeah, the patients at the hospital get a kick out of him dressed up.... it also makes him more approachable., so more people with their kids will come up to him and then ask what he is, when i say pit bull they are like, really? i didnt know they were to be so nice.... so then i give my little short speech, while he is licking the people to death.... it helps..

4. Ch.Hog05

Ch.Hog05 Pup

Oh man that was a facial if I ever saw one!

5. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

yes jump on his bandwagon too, cause he is a true dogman if i ever saw one. this is classic.

<!-- post #18704 --><!-- open content container -->
    <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal"><!-- status icon and date -->[​IMG] 12-12-2004, 06:45 PM <!-- / status icon and date --></TD><TD class=thead style="FONT-WEIGHT: normal" align=right>#1 </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=postbit_left_column width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->14rock<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_18704", true); </SCRIPT> <!-- google_ad_section_end -->

All Heart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1><!-- icon and title -->[​IMG] New pup 12-12-04!

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message --><!-- google_ad_section_start -->Hey you guys, first off thanks for all the help and info I got from all you guys about dogs, and thanks for everyone who tried to sell me one for what I could pay even though it wasnt much. But today I finally found one i was happy with,for a good price, and we got him today! I love the little guy. Great tempermant and beautiful as can be. Hes a merle (I know alot dont consider them to be true pits but hes good for me) and he has two green eyes, Ive never seen a dog look anything like this. I guess you would call him a fawn blue merle(I really dont know) he is mostly fawn except some blue coming through on the midsection and just some normal white patches. Only 14 weeks old and built pretty good. His head is massive, and his chest is going to be something to be proud of, this little guy should look very, very good. I will post some pictures so it doesnt sound like shameless bragging and you can all see him. Please, I dont want to hear how merle makes them not a true pit because for my first dog and what I have planned for him, hes all I could ask for, especially for what I had to work with financially! Pictures as soon as I can get hold of a camera!

<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

</TD></TR><TR><TD class=postbit_left_column>[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

</TD><TD class=alt1 align=right><!-- controls -->[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

and now he is the expert on all things game-dog, i rest my case

6. well i dont know nothing about what you posted about rock because that was before i even joined this site.but what i do know is that marty and shon are 100% for game dogs,just because they don't allow talk of fighting and match turnouts doesnt make this a petbull site,it just means that they feel somethings are better kept confined to you and close friends and not on a public board wich any law enforcement official probably cruises several times per day and since it is his and shons board we have to respect their wishes. but it really does equal smartness on their behalf,here is a question that i would like the folks who keep saying its a petbull site or a curdog site to ask themselfs.would you be willing to lose all your dogs and by this i mean killed and have your property seized wind up in jail for several years pay numerous fines in x amount of dollars and cause you and your family a massive headache and alot of heartache,just to impress someone on a internet messege board that you have never met and probably never will?i know i sure aint that desperate to prove anything and wouldnt even consider putting my family or myself in that position.so i am with you guys 100% [​IMG] keep up the good work with the site.

debodebo likes this.
  7. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

There is no denying that 14rock is one of the most knowledgable people here. People learn through trial and error. When he posted that, he was obviously new to the dogs. Fast forward 2 years and he has soaked up enough information to where he is able to offer valuable help to anyone that needs it. There is no denying it, 14rock is one of the most knowledgable and helpful people here, regardless of when he started learning. To come on here and bring up old posts in an attempt to discredit someone is pretty childish to say the least. Anyone that has been here for any period of time knows that he is valuable to the board.

You want to disrespect him but in all honesty I don't know of a single post from yourself that was worth remembering. Maybe instead of disrespecting others, you should follow his example and post something helpful.

debodebo and Bullyboi like this.
  8. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

since all the game dog owners agree that sometimes rescue people are a pain in the ass, let me tell you why some of us are..

there are good rescues and there are bad rescues. the bad rescues adopt out pitbulls that have crappy temperments, HA, and are wired screwed up. when those dogs bite, it makes the good rescues look bad and the breed itself.. alot of good rescues hate breeders because they feel that the irresponsible breeders are causing all these wired wrong HA dogs to be put out in the general population, as they only care about the $$$ they get.. the good reputable breeders dont do this.. they care about the breed in a whole, and good breeders also hate the irresponsible ones..
    when a pitbull whether gamey looking or fat attacks a human, the entire breed is under fire.. hence the reason why alot of rescue folks hate breeders in general.. now, us rescue folks (the good ones) are the ones cleaning up the shelters as fast as we can, and try to get the shelters to euth the screwed up dogs.. if the shelter doesnt do it we tried. sometimes we will take the screwed up ones and have our own vets euth them.. so thats why alot of rescue folk hate breeders in general.. so dont be upset if a rescue person comes down on you, its not you in particular, its the irresponsible breeders, they just have a hard time separating the two due to what we have to clean up.. while most dogs that wind up in shelters are screwed up and not worthy of adoption, there are some good ones out there..

9. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

RockysHUman- i dont take alot personally, so dont worry, your signature doesnt bother me.. i think this is a good discussion from all of us, it shows the different opinions we all have and how we feel about the breed..

10. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I have to agree Tommy3. From looking at that post and comparing it to Rock's obvious reputation and current posts, I am very impressed someone is dedicated enough to absorb so much and give back to the group in only 2 years.
    Rock and myself are vastly different characters, and I am sure we have radically different POV's in some areas- but I know when someone is worthy of a certain level of respect, and Rock has mine.

Vicki likes this.
  11. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

yes well i do not sit up and act like a game-dog expert either even though i have been in the breed about eight years longer than he has. i too can sit here and regurgitate info that has already been posted but why do that when i can just let him do it, i do not need the glory or the friends. that is why i do not usually post i just read

12. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

I'm sure a few decades ago EVERYONE knew this was a working breed, they knew what APBT's were all about and those who owned them owned them for a good reason. I think a lot of why there are so many Petbulls is because this breed is so damn popular right now, they flood the shelters and the papers and are cheap to purchase, cute as hell and have great temperments. Which is why it is extra important to educate owners or prospective owners.

This board does a damn good job of that and should embrace any opportunity to do so.

13. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

You're pathetic attempts to discredit 14Rock will get you nowhere. You're making yourself look bad, enjoy the $hitty rep points.

1 person likes this.
  14. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

as i stated before i could care less about rep pionts or your opinion so u can kiss my ass like the rest of them. f#@$ing sheep

15. Marty

Marty Guest

Have a good life a$$ hole!

16. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Hey Marty...great thread...;)

BTW- this site/forum is by far the most interactive and functional one of many I belong to- a real diamond in the rough. I am beyond impressed and very glad to be here...FWTW!:p

17. Marty

Marty Guest

Thank you, I will comment later when I'm in a better mood ;)

18. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Thank you Marty for getting rid of that idiot. He does not respect our dogs or dogmen so he does not belong here.

19. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

LOL Heres this blue fawn merle or whatever I called it at the time, you can thank an uneducated buddy of mine for that color description. Take a look at the pics, and you'll see why two days later I realized what a "merle" and "blue fawn" really were, these arent colors that pop-up in dogs I was familiar with ;)

Thats the sort of mistakes that are made when you listen to what other people tell you, instead of finding out for yourself. Lesson learned :)

Attached Files:

20. NC

NC CH Dog

I don't post here alot, only when I have a question about something that happens with my dogs or if I have a question about the breed in general and so far I've gotten some great feedback. I am a "petbull" owner if thats what you want to call it, because my dogs aren't game tested, I don't run them on treadmills, or swim tanks, or leave them chained in the yard all the time, and I don't hunt with them. Are they unhappy? I don't think so. I run them when we go on walks, I throw the ball and they chase it for hours on end and then they play and rough house in the house all the time. I stay by and make sure they don't get too rough. That makes me a bad owner? I don't think so.

I don't look down on people who hunt their dogs, or run them on treadmills, or whatever to condition them. I do have a problem with people fighting their dogs. Now I am not an expert or a "dogman" or whatever.. but seems to me letting two beautiful dogs bite and maul each other just because "that's what they were bred for." just seems abit stupid to me, especially when you're betting money on it and then its illegal to top it off. I've been to a couple of cock fights and even watching them go at it wasn't for me and they're just chickens.. But whatever.. do what you do. As long as the dogs are safe and cared for. But I think I'll look elsewhere for most of my posting now after what I've read lately..:(

1 person likes this.