1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is what this site is about!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2006.

1. WOW 2 hours before you go to work...? In this case the day would be over for me.....if you have some hair on your back i would say that Y O U are some kind of a Pitbull! You know...pitbull petbull or fatbull thats all nonsense from my point of view, be a good owner and take care for your dog..enough sayd.

2. Yes right...^^

3. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

N M pits, come on down, I'll be glad to hop in the ring with ya :D You let me know when your ready and in Illinois, and I'll show you how much of a cur this boy is. Gameness is gameness, whether you are admiring it in mixed-martial arts, boxing, dogs, or cocks, if you can appreciate one, chances are you would appreciate the rest. "Whoa to the nation who does not honor its heroes, for they will cease to produce them". I admire gamedogs because I like to see gameness in its pure form, combatants without the urge to fight based on money or ego. Unfortunately, alot of people have cured, and we can no longer test our dogs anymore. Look where we are at now, petbull owners who are above these folks who created the breed. Talking down on them as "assholes" when they were the foundation of the curs you own. I believe BGFU said it best along the lines of "game dogs payed in blood, for your show dogs". How can you turn your back on what produced your dogs, that I'm assuming you love since your here, just because its illegal? Thats tucking tail in my book! On the same note, admiring/owning/discussing gamedogs is diffrent from blatantly answering anyone with an question about active dogmen and recent dogs. I'm here for the dogs, and if your being an idiot on the internet, causing a dogmans yard to be in jeopardy because of you yapping off your mouth to impress the newbies with your knowledge, your damn right we wont allow that! If you want to "cyber-dog" it up with your internet friends, go right ahead---somewhere else.

"Pit Bull Community is dedicated to the preservation of the pit bull in its original form as a game-bred dog and in its modern incarnations as a loving companion pet and top competitor in weight pull competitions and conformation shows. We are opposed to all forms of animal cruelty, and do not promote any illegal activities, but we celebrate the history of the pit bull and value its qualities of courage, strength and tenacity as the essence of the breed. We are therefore against all forms of breed-specific legislation, and work to protect the constitutional rights of pit bull owners."

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2006
    laurajean and CB like this.
  4. Look at my spike I never work him hard and he can eat every day as much he want.....and he is 8 years old on this pics! I think the genes are very important ......or?

5. N M PITS

N M PITS Big Dog

check a map nm is south of illinois jackass, and while i appreciate your offer i really don't think u want that, u are real game behind that keyboard but i would have to put that tail between your legs. and do not preach history to me i have a degree in history so i understand the importance of it and not repeating it we are supposed to learn from the ignorance of others not replicate it . keep doing what u want with your dogs but do not blame my blue dog when bsl takes yours. and whoa to the idiot that thinks some dog fighter was a hero f@#$ing dummy

6. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

I think that the shift on the board probably reflects the bigger picture. A lot of folks are into these dogs but are not "dogmen," and I just can't see that as a bad thing. We all do our part for the breed. And there is a huge grey area between the gamedog fanatic and the lazy dog park petbull person. I like this board because its a place where the folks can mix and get some different ideas. The name of the board is really not of any relevance, and I think it would be silly to change it now when Gamedog is what folks already know it as.

Personally, I am secure enough in what I do that I couldn't care less if one tried to brand me a petbuller. These titles only mean something if we believe in them and adjust ourselves to suit them. I'm a dog owner and Pit Bull enthusiast, and it shouldn't matter to anyone else what sub-category I fit in as long as I'm still trying to represent the best interest of the breeds. If you're too concerned with trying to stay in your designated slot, you're going to miss a lot.

Vicki likes this.
  7. Well Lets see I get up at 8:00am and leave for work at 2:30 pm That gives me pleanty of time to work with the dogs and do everything els that I need to do. I do alot with my dogs and that is the only hobby I have to do so its what I like to do. I get off at midnight So I take my one of my dogs for a walk at a time for about an hour I do this every night Its good exercise for me and my dogs.

8. miakoda

miakoda GRCH Dog

Great post.

9. Riptora

Riptora CH Dog

Everyone who provides a good home to an APBT is a hero here. But this particular site is dedicated to the APBT as a working animal.

Marty likes this.
  10. cemoreno

cemoreno Top Dog

Loved it! AMEN!!!! :)

11. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

I am not even remotely offended by your post, and if you receive hate mail as a result of it then I feel those who send it should find another website and get lost.

We have different POVs, there's no doubt about that, but I look at that as an opportunity to learn a thing or two, while hoping my POV's are welcomed as well.

Yes, the pitbull is a working dog, one to be respected for who he is and preserved through his best gamebred bloodlines. Why own one if you aren't going to work him? The same reason some people buy the best bred cow horse in the world (some real Billy Badasses!) for simple trail riding. He is loved and desired for his versatility. Is it a waste of talent? Perhaps. If you look at it that way. As long as each type of owner knows and respects what an awesome animal he has, I don't understand why either should be looked down on or name called.
    At the same token, ownership of such an animal should be earned through experience with the breed, if not, I must agree with a statement made on a thread a couple weeks ago: it is an accident waiting to happen.

12. Very good posts!

There is nothing wrong with your dog being both a bulldog and a pet bull. I certainly see wrong to have a breed that requires x amount of exercise being turned into a couch potato/lap dog. There are already too many breeds created for that purpose.

As usual, I will come up and acknowledge my part in the site name referencing that went around a while back. To clarify, my sad words were posted because there are already many, many sites intended for game bred or otherwise APBT to choose from and very few dedicated to game talking, etc.

In conclusion, I would like to state the following: I oppose and abhor all forms of animal cruelty and embrace professional dog matching.

Regards,

RH

13. I see where you are coming from with your statements. That is why we should be very thankful to those that risk their freedoms and privilege to own dogs in order to save the breed as it was created. Dog testing is essential to any working breed. Each working breed tests according to their breeding purpose. I think this is standard in every breed. Thus, if we are to go without testing our stock, we are certainly signing the termination of the breed as we have learned to appreciate them, game to the core.

Regards,

RH

debodebo likes this.
  14. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

i am a pet bull owner who came here to get more information then what i knew about the breed.. yes, my pet bull is a mix. yes, he lives in the house. and yes, he is a working dog. he does therapy work. , while some might not consider that to be work, to me it is.. he goes out and works the people and has been doing it for 2 years now.. you know how hard it is to get a pit bull into therapy work??? try it and see what goes on.. i ignore the comments, the people pulling their children away, and the horror looks.. i have been changing one persons mind at a time about this breed so to me its a job, and its what he is good at.. i cant believe some people are getting upset that us pet bull owners are here.. some of us petbull owners are also involved in rescuing the breed as well, and just because we are not like everyone else it shouldnt matter what kind of pet bull or pit bull we own.. so far i have been treated with respect by everyone here, and i really appreciate it.. i have tried to return that respect as well.

just wanted to give my .02 cents ...

and all the petbull people, you can go to www.pitbulltalk.com if you dont want to stay here.. i plan on staying here for the knowledge to learn, i might not post as much anymore, but i do want to learn more about the breed.. i will be getting another pit bull one day, a working dog one, and i want to broaden my knowledge as much as possible.

15. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

I dont think anyone is really upset any petbull owners are here, if they are they are just trying to appear tough and superior. LOL

I dont care what you do with your animals, as long as they are fed, watered, sheltered, and provided sufficient stimulation (mental and physical) daily. My problem with APBT's as pets is people think they are pets first,and "pits" second. They are a working breed, that is normally highly dog-aggressive and needs a ton of excersise to be happy. I have a problem with folks who let them lie on a couch all day long, and take them to off-leash dog parks for 30 mins and think what they are doing is ok.

tommy3 likes this.
  16. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

Thank you for your post. I agree that sometimes I feel as if petbull owners are unwanted here. I love this site and have found it very informative. Most of the people here are wonderful and have helped me more than they know. I came into this breed knowing nothing but the media aspect of things. I have learned much just from simply owning the breed, but really knew nothing of the history of these dogs until joining this forum and discussing different things with people. I like the fact that we all have such different opinions about things, I think it helps us to better understand each other and our breed. I still may not know how to properly read a pedigree or know every bloodline and what they can offer, but I do know that I LOVE these dogs. So please excuse my ignorance at times and thanks to all who have helped me out. Just be patient with me and I'll catch on. (Noone has directly pissed me off or anything, just getting out some feelings and opinions.) And Maryellen please continue to post. I find you very helpful and often enjoy reading your posts and the pics of your baby helping people out. ;)

17. Pitbull219

Pitbull219 CH Dog

Kudos to you for your dog being a therapy dog. That is good for the breed as a whole. The more minds are changed about our dogs, the less ammo the BSL maniacs have! I too would like to get my dogs into that, being good with people comes naturally for APBT's. I don't think anyone here would put you down for what you do. You do all of us a great service. What would people who show these dogs do if you couldn't own them? What about weight pull and agility APBT's? Imagine how hard it would be for those who do test their stock if even the mere ownership of these dogs were outlawed! I think we all do our own little part for the breed. Even the pet bull couch potatoe owners help out, people see them and think "they're no different from other dogs, they're not mindless killers". We all need to stick together, or we'll all lose.....

18. maryellen1

maryellen1 Guest

thanks!! i personally think in my own opinion, yeah i know, opinions are like ass holes and everyone has one, that whether we are pet bull owners or true game dog owners, that we HAVE to stick together.. this breed, whether pet or not, is being banned nationwide, being surrendered to shelters because homeowner insurance wont cover them, abused, etc.... if we as a breed owner, whether pet or not, cant stick together for the love of the breed, then we ourselves are truly pathetic.. i think personally, that the best ally for this breed is US.. whether pet or not.. and yes, i agree, this breed is a working breed, and they are not for everyone, which is where education comes in. wouldnt you all rather have a new owner who knows nothing about the breed come here to get help, and actually use that help given??? for the game dog owners, this is a game-dog site, it just happened that us petbull owners who really CARE about this breed like it here too... some of you that have been complaining about us petbull owners being here, or in your signature lines post about petbull owners.. think about it... just because we use our dogs differently, doesnt mean they are different... my last foster pup daquiri , a beautiful red/red nose, now does agility, and is working toward her titles.. so what if she is a pet bull... she is still a pit bull by blood, and is doing something... if we as owners have to post about "this site is now with more pet bull then game dogs..." HELLO>...... thats pretty sad.... all owners of the apbt should stick together.... if we cant stick together, then the breed is really doomed, and thats pretty pathetic..

i love the knowledge i get here, i stillcant figure out how to read a pedigree, but i am working on it... and i am getting alot more info that i never knew before.. and for this i thank everyone ..

and for those of you that think i am blowing smoke, think about Ontario Canada, where the apbt is BANNED.. if the dog is found in ontario= EUTHANIZED....oh wait, how about Denver Colorado? or the entire State of Ohio?? does anyone want that to happen in the USA? the entire country banning this breed?? its pretty pathetic that it is already done in some states.. lets stick together so its not the entire USA.. cause it could happen..

19. I agree with you 100%

We must stick together regardless of our intent with these dogs (pet or work). I am fine with pet bull lovers as long as THEY are fine with the original purpose of the breed. I am not fine with those that would like to further persecute those that struggle to maintain and improve the breed in the direction for which it was developed. Please note the difference.

As I have posted on several occasions, I find that pet bull lovers can serve a great purpose (as long as they are fine with their purpose and those that work in the improvement there of). They can own the culls of the dogmen. This is not meant as disrespect. It would save them the burden of having to kill those that do not make the "cut".

Err, my signature was not meant to offend anyone. In fact, I can easily be labeled as a pet bull owner (LOL). My signature line was just an expression of sadness re not being able to converse (and learn) game related topics because of the pet bull lovers that would rather disassociate themselves and the breed from it all.

We are all slices of the same pie.

Once again, I agree with you 100%

LOL re reading a ped. Reading it is subjective in nature.

Pitbull219 likes this.
  20. LuvinBullies

LuvinBullies CH Dog

Well said. I wonder how many trolls or pro-BSL imposters are reading this thread with a smug grin on their faces? They must absolutely love this. Because while we fuss about the "petbulls in our pitbull games" they are busy passing BSL, and getting things done. We are doing them a favor by engaging in cyclical debate.
    I knew when I joined this group I was sort of a black sheep because I rescued pits and wasn't an owner of a game-bred dog with stellar pedigree. But I also consider myself an ally in the good fight, which is what I consider everyone here to me as well.
    Allies can have different beliefs and backgrounds, and don't have to completely agree with each other, but until BSL/breed banning is squashed I consider this war-time.

We won't win if we start bombing each other-that's an undebateable fact.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
    Pitbull219 likes this.