1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is what this site is about!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Suki

Suki Guest

having had to assist in one too many euth's, imo, sometimes the "pity party" is deserved, ....:( ..... (AND necessary.....)

2. simms

simms CH Dog

Doesnt matter to ppl like you,no remorse no conscience....guess it's all about what you can stomach

1 person likes this.
  3. simms

simms CH Dog

who said you couldnt with a dog that meets the standard...you are all kinds confused

CrazyK9 likes this.
  4. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

No, I don't want to see any animal suffer, that's why I'm against dog fighting. Just don't try to imply that I am to any degree responsible for you or anyone else having to put down a dog...it won't work.

5. simms

simms CH Dog

The promotion of poor breeding practices due to a standard of a breed that doesnt meet your needs...yet you will encourage sub par breeding in many breeds not just the APBT. Yet your not responsible ....well maybe not directly if you dont breed dogs and you dont sell or place with in the public.

dont think you dont play a part.....

6. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Grizzly, why do you stick around here if you have a problem with people who prefer the gamebred APBT? Seriously, I just don't get it. You don't seem very open-minded, so if you're not here to learn ...it seems to me, you're just here to stir up trouble. Am I wrong?

7. MercedesMama

MercedesMama Guest

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Lethalpits again.

Excellent post.

8. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

What are you talking about..I don't promote poor breeding practices, I don't encourage sub par breeding. I simply said there are still excellent examples of breeds such as Malamutes and Huskies, Mastiffs and so on even though very few owners of of Huskies and malamutes use them for sledding and most Mastiffs are not guard dogs today. Are you trying to imply that dogs such as the sled dogs are sub par unless they are pulling a sled ? That a Mastiff or Great Dane is poorly bred unless they are guarding a house or a Pit bull is less than it should be if it is not fighting in the pit ? Like I said before Simms...you don't need me to insult your intelligence, your're doing fine on your own.

9. simms

simms CH Dog

Your talking in circles...yes you promote poor breeding practices and ethics....you are a full fledge supporter of subpar breeding! You go back and read my first response to you in this thread.

I havent once mentioned dogfighting in my responses to you. I'm talking about meeting a respective breed standard. What your saying is it is ok to breed animals that do not meet a standard....I'm saying Not everyone should breed dogs esp if they dont meet the standard.

10. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

Nope, never once said it was ok to breed without meeting the standard. I said that the dogs I mentioned malamutes,huskies,mastiffs etc. are for the most part not being used for what they were originally created for but that there were still fine examples of these dogs out there today......and then...you made the ridiculous broad sweeping statement that all these dogs today were sub- standard, plagued with problems, as if you've swept across this nation checking them all out. As if you,Simms were qualified to make this decision. Stop your whinning Simms and grow up. You evidently are very young and thinking more highly of yourself than you ought.

11. simms

simms CH Dog

[QUOTE
    Originally Posted by Grizzly
    Scotman your arguement is weak. The majority of dogs bred today are not fulfilling the purpose they were created for.What percentage of owners of Alaskan Malamutes or Siberian Huskies actually sled them?? Same with Mastiffs, Great Danes, Chows,Newfoundlands etc...how many are actually used for the purpose they were created? In the case of the pit bull, just because it was fought in the past doesn't mean it is ANY less a pit bull if it is not fought today. Just because something was done in the past doesn't mean it was right. Look at slavery or the Salem witch trials, does it make it right because at one time people sincerely believed they were doing the right thing in those cases ? Stop looking down your nose at people who differ with you.
    ][/QUOTE]You cant meet a standard unless the respected breed is used and bred specificly to meet that standard.

Edit: You know as well as I do that the majority of the breeds that you have used as examples are now pet breeds they have been bred away from thier working standard.

If any of those breeds do meet thier working standard or bred for thier working standard they are the minority not the majority

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2007
  12. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

You cant meet a standard unless the respected breed is used and bred specificly to meet that standard.

Show me one breed conformation or standard that says the dog must be USED for its original purpose before the breed standard can be met.
    Ridiculous.

Edit: You know as well as I do that the majority of the breeds that you have used as examples are now pet breeds they have been bred away from thier working standard.

There are working dog standards that many reputable breeders hold to and take pride in to insure that their particular breed stays as true as possible TO that standard. Should the person who buys that dog choose to keep it as a pet in no way diminishes the standard that the breeder holds to. I'm not so sure that you are very well learned on this subject.so there is really no reason to continue this. It is like trying to reason with a child. Goodbye.

If any of those breeds do meet thier working standard or bred for thier working standard they are the minority not the majority[/QUOTE]

13. You cant meet a standard unless the respected breed is used and bred specificly to meet that standard.

If any of those breeds do meet thier working standard or bred for thier working standard they are the minority not the majority[/QUOTE] LOL I think 100 years ago this kind of talk would never happen, but now we are all split-minded....It is all turned into a Walt Disney World.

14. chloesredboy

chloesredboy CH Dog

well maybe some of the aformentioned pure breds are stll true to standard and thats why so many end up in the shelters.Im not argueing with you guys about this or trying to be smart but the last few posts got me thinking.With the exception of the toy breeds all purebred dogs were bred for working,whether it be guarding,hunting,pulling a sled or whatever.These animals have been bred for centuries to do jobs.Now you have all these jackasses who get a husky or rott because you they like the way they look.Well these people give no thought to the fact that these animals were bred for a purpose so the animals are given nothing to do.They in turn,get bored ,restless and frustrated.When the dog starts destroying the house or constantly running the neighborhood looking for something to do and getting into trouble,it always the same,off to the pound because who could own such a BAD dog!Well that same idiot turns around two months later and this time buys a lab from champion lines because"labs make such great pets" and since its from champion lines that must make it a better dog.Better lab ,yes,better pet,no!Anyone who has had experience with properly bred labs knows the incredible amount of energy ,time and patience its takes to get a lab under control.That person is probably not the family with two kids and working parents who get a dog"for the kids to play with"So......off to the pound for mister lab!So while i personaly do not test my dogs ,I do understand the argument about not breeding dogs unless you plan to use them for the purpose for which they are bred.I also see the whole pet only argument,while you may not have sheep for your cattle dog to tend ,you can still find other outlets for his energy such as agility trials or in the case of pit-bulls,weight pulling.Sorry for the rambling,just trying to see both sides of the argument!:D

15. X

X Banned

There may be many reputable breeders who "hold to and take pride in" their breed of choice as far as working qualities go. But, since you seem to have a pet-peeve about spelling and grammar, I seriously doubt any of them "insure" their dogs for them to stay "as true as possible" to any standard. The fact is, there are many more irresponsible breeders breeding dogs of every breed simply because they can and producing sub-par dogs because of the era of "pets," especially within the US.

Dogs were never domesticated to be "pets," they were brought into society to perform a task and to make "work" easier for man. Since the age of technology, most "work" that actually proved useful to man was now better served by machines, thus forcing the original agenda of dogs to veer more toward sports and recreational activities which simulated their original working standard.
    That is, most definitely, factual information. However, when the dogs who are kept as pets from these so-called "working standard" dogs are bred without purpose or consideration to their actual standard, it most certainly diminishes the standard that the original breeder "holds to."
    I'm not so sure that you are very well "learned on this subject" either. You're simply making arguments for a select few dogs of whatever breed you choose to try to make some sort of a totally irrelevant point (that also has absolutely nothing to do with this thread). So continue to believe you are "trying to reason with a child," as I am certain there are quite a few people who think even less of you trying to respond to your seemly educated, yet ignorant responses.

You are most welcome to offer your opinion, but a good majority of your posts are of complaints about users disliking and unwilling to hear a difference of opinion, yet your posts prove to be utterly hypocritical.

With that being said, I offer you a warm goodbye as well.

16. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Great post Shon :D

17. Scotsman

Scotsman Top Dog

I think the site name should be changed to Pet Bull, Bluffs and Big Cur Community.
    This site was really cool when it started, then all the Pet Bull and Bluff owners took the site over. There are so many BYB's on here it is ridiculous. I see Admins from here on other boards that are total B.S and seems like a conflict of interest and all the bleeding heart PC people with there Bluffs, saying they have APBT's, if you can't prove it you don't have it.
    There are a lot of people on here that agree with me and a lot of good posters left or don't frequent as often, with all the Bluff and Pet Bull owners took over.
    IF the Admins want to boot me fine, it goes to show the demise of this site as GAME-DOGS.COM.

18. Could never happen...because some real ones are members.Dogs and Persons...and thats what makes this site. Dont try to change the world, be friendly and try to educate.

19. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Ahhh come on don't challange anyone to boot you....if you are that unhappy just go......but if you feel you really have some wisdom to share that might help the breed stay and share.......just quit whining, please. Another useful thing would be to offer up some solutions that address your concerns, and ignoring the problems (BYBs and non-game dog owners) or telling those BAD people to go away won't solve your stated problems either. Why not stay and help to fix what you find so unacceptable....how game are you?

ABK likes this.
  20. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

Careful Mydawg, there are some on here that don't handle disagreement very well (thin skinned).