1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is what this site is about!

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Marty, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Michele

Michele Guest

Scotsman: let me ask you a question. I dont own a apbt BUT i fight BSL and I fight it hard. I am here to educate myself in the history of this breed. Should I not be here because I dont own this breed? Aren't I in the same boat as you, in a sense. I fight the same fight you do, only thing is I don't own the breed. Shouldn't you be welcoming everyone here that wants to help this breed whether or not they own one or not?

2. cheekymunkee

cheekymunkee Top Dog

SPeaking of sucking up space.... ALL you do is post this same post on thread after thread after thread. You don't like the members here? Take a hike. It is NOT up to YOU who is or is not a member of this board. Don't read their posts, grow a set & QUIT WHINING. What is it, nappy time or something?

What I think is funny is that I have owned this breed longer than 99.99% of the people ON this forum have been alive. I am also a pet bull owner but yet I have these little snots telling ME I am bad for this breed. What is even funnier, I doubt most of them even know what a game dog IS let alone OWN one.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2007
  3. Michele

Michele Guest

MinorThreat: Just because people on here own pet abpt and not game abpt does not mean they don't know about the breed's history. I don't own this breed, as I'm sure you already know, but I am fasinated as to their history. With your attitude, I would put you in the same catogory as the people that WANT these dogs banished from this earth. Just because you own this breed, that doesn't make you an expert. I can count on one hand, who I feel is an expert with regard to this breed on this site and you my friend, are not counted. And remember this, because a dog/woman herself told me this: A true dogman/woman will never ever knock you down with insults if you disagree. They will try to educate in the best way possible.

4. CynthiaATL

CynthiaATL Guest

Also I would say that if a Pet Bull owner is on this site at least they are trying to seek knowledge. I think that is what this board is for. Because It does not matter to the general public the difference between game dogs, bluffs, the color of the dog, wether you work your dog. All they see is a Pit Bull. And if some one on this board can teach another person responsible ownership it benefits us all in the long run.

Also it would be helpful if people would not belittle others. We all have our own opinion. And at least we are able to voice it. Some people on here do not have dog or dogs of another breed. But as long as we can change the image of our breed in the eyes of the general public we are closer to stopping the ignorant people who want the breed we love dead.

And how to we do that by helping others to be responsible owners.

5. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

That is true, Michele. A good dogman isn't going to scold someone for owning curs or petbulls and look at them differently. Hell, most people that enter the game owned curs and petbulls to start with and were educated by a good mentor.(Remember, not everyone started on the internet.)
    Well, that's whats happened to me. I've got my ole' scatterbred dogs, but I'm not going to drop them. I've got some good dogs coming to me here in the next few months, I'm just going to have to keep them all seperated and do what I do.
    Even the dogman I work with told me my male is a heck of a dog even though he's a color that most do not prefer. Of course, this wasn't till after we put him on the hangtime event at the TBA show and we did some other stuff with him on his yard.

There's no reason to start differences and this and that. Everyone's got their own ideas and agendas. Hell, not everyone can even handle game bred dogs so why even try to impose them on others. Just let people be, it's not your yard so why worry about it. We're all helping the cause.

Now I do see where people don't need to be lashing out at game dog owners and their different practices, but it's the same vice versa.

It's just that some people like to read about working dogs, what they do and some learn. There's also people who like to read about walks in the park, dressing up dogs, fun with kids and etc.

This is a COMMUNITY, a very diverse COMMUNITY of APBT owners and others. There's always going to be different types of conversations, posts, people and whatnot.

That is half the problem with today's society and our current owners of APBTs. Everyone's to stuck up their own ass to band together and look at the bigger picture. We might not all be the same but we all got something in common and that is our love for these dogs and not wanting them to be taken away. So get over all the petty shit lighten up!

mydawgs likes this.
  6. mydawgs

mydawgs CH Dog

Yup, we do all love this breed, reps to ya!!!!!!

7. Michele

Michele Guest

perfectly said.........the bigger picture......

8. simms

simms CH Dog

No Grizzly your example is weak! as all the breeds that you mention.....that are not bred to thier respected standard. They are plagued with health issues temperment issues all the while folk like you .....YES YOU make excuses for this type of poor breeding practice and condone it....Hell it dont matter it's a pet!

Or hey....I've done all the penhip ofa testing blah blah blah. So I'm going to breed these curs cause "society" says I've met it to my ability my dogs worth is based soley on this paper....you still think your right? Well that thought that you have described has ruined the respected breeds you mention above and it has also ruined the APBT !

Then you want to insult my Intelegence and inegrity by drawing parrell with slavery or the mention of a witch hunt why you justifie breeding ethics......

debodebo likes this.
  9. debodebo

debodebo Top Dog

Great post.

10. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

One thing we need to understand is that some of todays current model APBT is not specifically being designed for it's intended purpose. Yes, it is a problem to SOME people, but not everyone is in agreement that these dogs should still be matched in order to be a good breeding specimen.

If we start dwelling on this type of discussion again, we will be going back and forth till we are all black and blue.

All I can say is, feed what you feed. You don't feed the next man's yard so you don't have the right to criticize his dogs.

11. simms

simms CH Dog

Well ofcourse you would say that. you know nothing about breeding other than prolly watching two dogs f%ck. So its ok to you.....

CRG likes this.
  12. ChiaPit

ChiaPit Top Dog

WOW!!! Can't we all just back up this freakin truck for a second??

# 1 We should all on this board be dedicated to the breed which includes its history, (which is specifically non HA dogs that are not deformed)

#2 If we are truly doing that ...we should not be breeding unless it conforms to the original heritage with minimal if any flaws (and no breed mixing)

#3 We should all be against BSL and do everything in our power to be responsible owners

#4 We are all here to learn, if you know more than the previous poster.. share your knowledge, not insults

#5 If we can't work together...we are screwed

Now I know some of you dog men think us petbull owners are not up to par...and I know some of the pet bull owners feel the same in reverse. But we have no better allies than each other. so we all need to quit arguing and accept the roles the others play and use all of this negative energy against the ones trying to kill the breed instead of using it against each other. Somehow we need to find neutral ground here.

cheekymunkee and CrazyK9 like this.
  13. Suki

Suki Guest

yup, we all most certainly need to be on the same page when it comes to our rights as owners of the APBT....

Pit Bull Community is dedicated to the preservation of the pit bull in its original form as a game- bred dog and in its modern incarnations as a loving companion pet and top competitor in weight pull competitions and conformation shows.

14. I agree with you 100% suki

15. CrazyK9

CrazyK9 Top Dog

Um, hello?!! That is why the AmStaff was created, for people who want nothing to do with the sport.
    Anyone who is interested in breeding Pit Bulls but has no interest in keeping the breed true to its roots needs to stay away from the APBT and get a Staff. It is a Pit Bull for the pet and show dog world; less DA, less drive, but still a loyal and friendly dog.
    Just don't go around calling it an APBT if it's not.

Anyway, I love this site. I wish there were more respectable and knowledgable dogmen than people like me who are just here to learn, but it's still a great place.

16. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

What ranting and raving! No the breeds I mentioned are not ruined anymore than the pit bull is ruined . There are many,many excellent examples out there of those breeds and for you to suggest otherwise only proves that you don't need ME to insult your intelligence. Your post does that .

17. simms

simms CH Dog

You made your breeding Ethics clear. Every time I assist with a euthinasia,with what was percieved to be a healthy purebred pet.....i'll keep you in my thoughts as I console these ppl, familys...

there may be a few excellent examples, however there are far more that are poor examples.

18. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Simms you always like to assume alot of things about me. Don't judge me by what you read over this computer. I know what I need to know. Every man is going to have his own ideas and intentions in his program and what needs to work. I might not be breeding now, but I work with another kennel so I don't really have to worry about it right now. We've got some dogs comin...not essentially for the public, though.

19. Grizzly

Grizzly Big Dog

Now that's a little bit better tone, but skip the pity party routine.

20. Lethalpits

Lethalpits Top Dog

Also, it doesn't look bad to have some good conformation dogs on the yard that you CAN show to people and bring out to the parks.