1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This is for the seasoned dogmen on here...what to do about hair growth??????

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by 21 dre, Jul 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

I've used Nu-Stock, Vitamin E, Fura-Zone, Bio-Oil, Shapley's Original M-T-G (Mane Tail Groom). I am looking for a SURE FIRE solution!!! People sware by Nu-Stock...maybe I'm not being patient enough with the results of it.

2. Well I'd answer but I'm not a seasoned dog man. Sorry

3. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

...If you actually HAVE an answer, then you are seasoned!!! Seasoned does'nt mean you've been around for a hundred years, just means that when this issue came up on your yard, you fixed it to your satisfaction. Fell free to contribute...

4. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

Dogman or DOGWOMAN...

5. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

Nu-Stock works, but you have to use it from the beginning, not after healing.

6. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

What exactly do you mean by "from the beginning?" Is that meaning after the scab falls off? Using Nu-Stock and nothing else for the entire time of healing? If you can be more specific please. Thanks!!

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

im not saying i am any more seasoned than the next guy..try putting the dog back on puppy food.I suggest Purina.I suggest even thee cheap Purina Puppy chow,or what ever puppy feed u want long as its Purina..good luck what ever you do.

8. Hachiman

Hachiman Big Dog

Yes. Other than an oral and/or injectable antibiotic to prevent infection.

9. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

you dont need a seasoned dog man or woman to tell you about nustock. read the directions. im using it right now and ive seen improvements. i was treating for an abscess under the neck of one of my dogs with fish flex. while i was treating with that i was also using the nustock. it does work, but im sure the keflex is what helped mostly. be patient thats all it takes. nustock seems to be working for me at the moment.

10. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

Thanks, but Nu-Stock was'nt the only option. Again, what I meant by SEASONED is anyone that is experienced in the use of any of the above products for the situation mentioned.

11. swiftersweeper

swiftersweeper Big Dog

your best bet is to stick with the sulfur products. nustock or go to americantimesproject and get there sulfur product. sulfur is what does it. if it has sulfur go with it.

12. stinkrock

stinkrock Top Dog

True Sulfur is the key.

13. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

Thanks alot guys!!! I have a couple of sulfur products.

14. ElJay

ElJay CH Dog

i've had success with nu-stock mixed with Vit E

15. speedboat

speedboat Big Dog

I use sulfodene incorporated into vasoline or sulfur8 afterwards... It also seems to me the healthier they are the faster it comes bk

16. BullDawg

BullDawg Big Dog

likewise.
    also GOOD feed plays a part. not sure how Purina fits into that, with their main ingredients being: whole grain corn, corn gluten mean, chicken by-product meal, brewers rice and all their other crap......none of which is beneficial for a dog

17. sadieblues

sadieblues CH Dog

It depends on why the dog has lost hair to begin with if it's some underlying condition or allergy that's causing the hair loss than nu-stock is not going to work you would have to pinpoint the cause of hair loss in order to determine how to treat it properly. Do you know why your dog lost hair in the first place? Was it just a wound? Or was it something else causing the dog to loose hair?

18. 21 dre

21 dre Big Dog

It was'nt allergies.

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

ai will take Purina over anything u feed your dogs..I dont by into the grain free bullshit..whats next feed them a tbone steak every night?The last time i checked my dogs were still dogs..if your dog has to have expensive ass dog feed just to look and act normal ,to me that dog worht a nickel.Purina is good dog feed period...

20. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Sorry Dre..i am not gone hijack your thread man..I know how dam frustrating it is to make hair grow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.