1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

this cost our loss

Discussion in 'Dog Shows & Events' started by DiMaSaLaNg, Feb 22, 2006.

1. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    my bitch snapping at another dog (RE line)

the ring was freakin small for the gaiting part.

2. Defend2DaEnd

Defend2DaEnd CH Dog

Beautiful dog work on that. Does she know leave it? You could work on it with a treat and work up to another dog.

3. lonesharkpits

lonesharkpits Big Dog

what organization was holding this show??

4. lil_bit807

lil_bit807 Big Dog

Thats gotta stink. Beautiful girl though. Better luck next time. I'm sure you work that out

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2006
  5. tommy3

tommy3 CH Dog

I never understood how some registries hold something like that against the dog during a show. Afterall, these dogs were developed for fighting.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2006
  6. kjf85

kjf85 Big Dog

That is crappy- but some judges don't like to see that. The judge at the 2005 adba show in hickory explained that before he even got started that he didn't like dogs that make a comotion and acting aggressive torwards dogs while showing.

7. lockjaw

lockjaw CH Dog

you know that other dog was probally talking shit to her.

8. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

Just another step in trying to turn a breed into something they arent. Dogs should be under handler control in the ring, but an occasional bark and/or lunge if they are still controlled shouldnt DQ them.

9. bahamutt99

bahamutt99 CH Dog

Are you sure that it was the lunge that cost you your win? (I'm not trying to suggest that your dog looks bad. I'm just wondering if you asked the judge why he picked that dog over yours.) What class was this in? (I'm asking because young dogs are allowed some leeway, but veterans are supposed to understand what they're there for and behave accordingly.)

I don't think anyone expects dogs to be stone-cold, but that's quite a lunge. Looks like the dogs almost connected. At a lot of the bigger shows, with tons of dogs, they need to be under control. I was at a show where this guy unloaded a big red dog from its crate, and the dog was lunging left and right, bouncing on his hind legs as he was walking it past to go to the potty area. My girl was sitting on my husband's lap, and she quickly jumped to her feet to have a go, but was checked and sat back down while still keeping an eye on the other dog. In this situation, I feel like the other dog was out-of-control and my girl -- while showing a bit of that bulldog fire -- was under control.

I'm not trying to say that we should turn the breed into something its not. I think we all understand what motivates these guys. But I think its also important to remember that when you go out in public with your dog, you're a breed ambassador. Train your dog to focus on you in public, no matter how bad it wants a piece of some other dog. Showing restraint doesn't make them any less of a bulldog.

Just my opinion.

10. DiMaSaLaNg

DiMaSaLaNg Big Dog

thanks for the comments..they are all well taken.. :)

PITANGEL, that was the Philippine Pitbull Club that held the show.

LOCKJAW, funny man..haha! but i notice that she doesnt really like BIG DOGS.

BAHAMUT, yea i partly blame myself because i brought her near the dogs close to my left, another lesson learned. shes now a champion in another pitbull registry and as to that show, we still need two best in show to be champ.

im pretty sure that incident cost our loss cause we are allowed to ask the judges for their comments.

11. scratchin dog

scratchin dog CH Dog

My dog took 2nd place to a dog that was barking at him and the judge said attitude counts for a little extra and gave that dog the blue ribbon. My dog was straining to get to the other dog but not barking. He very rarely barks at other dogs. So ya never know how the judge is gonna react. I dont think a dog should be uncontrollable but considering the breed, it should have some interest in getting to the dog next to them.