1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

This bs has gone on long enough

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by prpitdawg, Jun 5, 2009.

1. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

what we need is someone to run some kind of donation fund to rescue our falsely accused brothers when the evil "humane societies" get them. someone who we all trust and has knowledge of who's who. i nominate marty and stopbsl. we all chip in what we can here and there. then the funds are used to help our people with legal fees etc. money makes the world go round and w/ enough of it (and knowledge of course) we can with this war. don't think they won't come after you. all it takes is for your dog to have one little scratch and you'll lose everything. if someone will step forward and privately manage this i'll collect every cent of donation i can. this stuff is hitting close to home and i won't sit idly by and watch it happen. i do what i can to fight it locally, but we need to fight harder on a national level.

2. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

This is a great idea! Hopefully someone steps up to manage the funds. I would be willing to do it, but I don't necessarily have complete knowledge of who's who unfortunately (I'm still a newbie trying to learn pretty much).

It just absolutely breaks my heart to see these so-called "experts" arresting these good people and then taking their dogs and euthanizing them. How can they call themselves the Humane Society when I have heard reports of them rolling the dogs' crates end over end with the dogs in them and chain set-ups still on. That is horrible!
    And it doesn't sound very HUMANE in my opinion! They should change their name to Inhumane Society...

Okay, done with my rant! But seriously, if you need any help with this just let me know. Feel free to even send me a PM and I will give you my phone number so that you can actually speak with me about this.

3. Marty

Marty Guest

You know what!!!, I'm tired of this shit and it's got to stop somewhere I have no problem helping out the cause :rolleyes:

4. Shameless

Shameless Big Dog

I think that is a great idea PR. I was rolling a similar one around in my head this morning after reading all the stories.

I'm down to help in any way possible.

5. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

thanks marty! i'm probably going to the ga show on the 20th. perhaps we can further discuss the details there. thanks to you also rosewood. we can use all the help we can get. perhaps you can be our west coast lookout. i don't have a whole lot of time on my hands these days, but i'm more than willing to gather donations in my area and send them to those that can manage the funds. my rough draft of the operation is like this. different sets of people with different responsibilities. for example marty would be the operations manager; manage the funds, keep on top of the news and find out who needs what. donation gatherers (like me), those that do the footwork and gather the funds to be sent to the ops manager. then i thought it would be nice to have people who's sole purpose is to debunk all bs the inhumane society puts out there. by everyone having their own purpose, i think it'll be much easier to get the funds where they need to be and get on the winning side of this fight. i'll work out all the details i can and get with whoever is willing to help. i think we can get this thing going people. more people=more success. if our forefathers get the funds to fight this, then we can stop them from coming after the lil guys.

6. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

woohoo! more support come let's get this thing going!

btw, marty i'm going to start collecting the donations. i'll bring what i can to the ga show and any other details i can come up with.

to everyone else, every little bit helps.

7. RosewoodAPBT

RosewoodAPBT Big Dog

Sounds like a great rough draft, PR! I am down to help in any way possible, so just let me know what you need help with...

8. Bigu1

Bigu1 Pup

Just an idea but why don't you guys come up with a name. The ???? Foundation... Or something like that then set up a booth at local dog shows. People would be more willing to donate if there's a name behind what you're doing.

9. Nell_Bell

Nell_Bell Big Dog

Maybe somone can get some REAL Veterinarians also to volunteer to examine the dogs for the defense which would also probably help put a 'stay of execution' on dogs seized. How they can dispose of the animals without due process boggles my mind.

Heck, get the ACLU involved if needed. I don't agree with a lot of the causes they persue but if they can be made interested in defense of the owners, they could not only stop it but obtain damages for defendants and they have deeper pockets than HSUS.

10. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

thanks alot! it's really appreciated. i'm sending you a pm.

11. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

great idea! i'm terrible with coming up with names though. maybe we can start a thread and have a poll about it or something.

12. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

wow so many great ideas! would you be willing to contact them? good lawyers would also be a great find. that's what a big part of the funds are going for, but we need to find good ones that'll win cases. i know a couple vets down this way who might be willing to help. my vet is retiring but his daughter is taking over as far as i know. she loves my dogs so i might be able to talk her into volunteering some of her time.

13. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

the only ~problem~ i see is that the majority of the people who get busted are infact guilty of what they are accused of-like the folks who get caught red handed, the folks who get caught w/ drugs, the convicted felons who get caught w/ guns, etc, etc, etc.
    i hate to say it but it seems like 9 out of 10 folks who get busted had it coming (i.e were breaking the law)
    for all the PP and FB's out there there are 100 joe blow's who are guilty as hell.
    i just dont know how to keep from throwing good money after bad

14. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

that is true but what if it just puts a stay on the dogs until the person is found guilty of fighting them then go from there. If they are guilty of smoking crack that dosent mean the dogs need to be killed

15. Marty

Marty Guest

I can manage the money!!!!! if it's going for a good cause such as this Yeah I have no problem with it 100% goes to the dogs and I'll document it penny for penny :)

16. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

thats the thing it goes TO THE DOGS not the people

17. Marty

Marty Guest

So thats a bad thing?

18. rallyracer

rallyracer CH Dog

not a bad thing- as stated it should go to the proper evaluation of the dogs and their care

19. crazycooter

crazycooter Top Dog

yeah no that is not a bad thing i was just stating that is where it needs to go. thats all after reading what i put it does come across wrong. but it is not meant that way. the money should go just to the dogs and not the person smokeing the crack to bail him out

20. prpitdawg

prpitdawg Top Dog

research would be my best solution. there are people who would be able to find out what the deal is. but we have to try we can't just sit back and say well they're probably guilty so let's keep giving the enemy all our rights.