1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

They go after the wrong dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by daisymason, Jul 8, 2023.

1. A friend had a fila and that thing didn’t trust strangers one bit. I like how protective my Rotties and American bulldogs have been but his fila was too protective. The closest I had to that level of protective was a Johnson American bulldog. If someone broke into the house my Johnson ab was ready and didn’t like strangers, but not quite as trigger happy as my friends fila was.

2. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

The Filas are just like any other dog that is bred for a purpose and that is not all of them have it.

My wife had the one she picked form the litter and he was an over sized monster. He would put on a display at the door that would make the hairs on your neck stand up. If you opened our front door you and Scooby Doo was now the best of friends. He had zero intent on defending anything. His mother would defend at our home but didn't see the purpose of defending away from home. She would look back like, 'if we just leave this does not have to happen'. At home she engaged with ill intent.

My buddy had a female that bit him once. Sounds bad but there was a bad gas leak while he was napping. His three year daughter had to be put on oxygen when the paramedics got there. She nudged him and he thought she wanted to go outside. He said leave me alone. She nudged again, he didn't respond and she bit the shit out of him.

He claims she saved the family. I tease him and tell him she was like you can lay there like a dumbass if you want, but at least get up and open the f'ing door. LOL

S

Revelator likes this.