1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

These got damn fleas again!

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Laced Wit Game, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Please keep in mind that garlic in larger amounts is TOXIC to dogs. Small amounts should cause no harm, but please be mindful.

2. kera5

kera5 Big Dog

cedar chips:D

3. GRSMO

GRSMO Pup

Y'all probably all know this already, but for those who don't, D.E. is sourced from nearly microscopic sea creatures called Diatoms. Their shells are as sharp as razor blades. So the purpose it serves is to KILL all the fleas by cutting them up, not just deterring them. Anytime you can lower the NUMBER of insects, your better off doing so. Kill 100 of em today, that's 10,000 fewer in your yard next month.

I'm accustomed to D.E. from the horticulture industry. It's widely used there to eliminate soil borne pests like fungus gnats, mealy worms, and aphids.

4. Ctnz

Ctnz Pup

Thank you for this. I remember using this in chalk form for ants, I didn't know I could use this for fleas and ticks too!

5. Bahamian

Bahamian Pup

I see alot speaking highly about diamataceous earth. But imo, it is not effective. When I FIRST put it on the fleas run/jump off. But by the next day they are back again as if the powder thats on the dogs is a drug for them.

I know that garlic is "supposed" to repell fleas/ticks. So I was wandering if any one ever tried putting garlic in a spray bottle (bout 16oz). Full the bottle up with water and letting the garlic steep in it and they spray on dogs coat.

I know they would stink lick ass but as long as it works I don't care. Has any one tried this AND what was the results?

I'm actually going to try this. I will let you all know how it worked.