1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

There not banned in Melbourne

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by Cassa01, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Cassa01

Cassa01 Big Dog

Ok iv herd that pits r baned in Victoria but now iv herd there not . That they can't bann them it's only agaisnt the law to breed them ? Can someone tht nose please tell me the real facks ? I'm sick ov hearing he said she said bullshit I want the real facks please x

2. Laced Wit Game

Laced Wit Game Yard Boy

can you run a spell check on that? lol

3. ausapbt

ausapbt Big Dog

its illegal to breed or sell puppies, if you got one prior to 2005 or 2006 you can have it but needs to be desexed, microchipped, registered as dangerous dog and proper setup to contain it.

their are some reputable ppl who breed but usually keep all pups or re home a select few to homes where they will be looked after and kept away from the wrong eyes.

4. gog123

gog123 Top Dog

sounds like aus is going same way as the uk.

5. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

aus has been this way for years, just yesterday the gold coast city council made a ruling that the Amstaff and the APBT are in fact from the same history and because they can in the USA be registered by some registrys dual that makes them the exact same breed. the gold coast city council has been responsible for the seizures and deaths of up to 10,000 dogs which they deemed to be "pit bulls" . what that means now is that anyone who owns an amstaff there better start moving or hiding their dogs. ive lived on the gold coast and in the time i was there i saw only two APBT,s and in my home state of i can walk down the street and i will see upto five on a good day, backyard bred but pitbulls none the less.

Cassa if you want to find out what the exact laws are you just need to pick up your phone and ring your local council, and simply ask them. you will find that different councils and shires will vary slightly some making you have a bright collar on your dog so people know its "dangerous" . others may make you have sighnage on every entry and exit stating that a "dangerous dog" is on the premises.
    justr remember this, if you put those signs up you are openly admitting your animal is "dangerous" and will be in bigger shit than not having them up, if god forbid something ever happened.

the quicker you find out the quicker you can get your setup legal and sorted out.
    good luck.

6. Cassa01

Cassa01 Big Dog

Thanks man yeh I watched that last night they have spent almost 500k to prove there dog is not pit .. I will go down the council tomorrow and ask I need to change the ownership papers into my name anyways .. Home from work for a few weeks cuz yesitday I was on the jackhammer and I hit the main gas line n shit fkd up caught fire n burnt 10% of my legs :( ther k but um anyways haha on my gate I have a sign tht says " I can get to the gate in 2.5 seconds can you?" lol but it legal to have pit x yeh as long as it's regested under bad breed? Cuz on my vet bill I got said pearla is due for her check up but she's regested unda staffy bull terr but on the letter it said ur "staffy x PITBULL" is due .. They dnt no she is even if u can tell they can't just add that in now I dnt wanna take her back there ..

7. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

dude if i was you i wouldnt be mentioning anything at all with the word "pit" in it. seriously the way things are at the moment you may as well go and shoot the dog yourself.

8. quinny

quinny Big Dog

So very true. Ive seen those i can make it to the fence in 2.5 can you signs. And in Australia thats just asking for trouble. Nowhere on your property should state or indicate that there may be dangerous dogs inside because if something does happen you have just admitted to owning dangerous dogs that aren't registered or housed properly. You need to ring your council and check out the websites as to laws in your state, Its not hard to find.

9. junkyard

junkyard CH Dog

one thing also rings true with those signs. its pretty much the same "type" of person who puts them up.

10. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Ill drink to that junkyard!

11. ganja

ganja Big Dog

I have a sign saying "jaws at rest"
    I don't see what's wrong with it... I'm not "that" kind of person, really :)
    I just thought it was funny.

those "I can make it to the gate in 2.5 sec, can you?" and such I find them actually way less in your face than "dangerous dog on premiss's" or whatever. but that's just me.

a bit of humor has never killed anyone as long as you live in the right place. :D

then again, I wouldn't be putting those signs in the UK or Australia neither lol

12. ganja

ganja Big Dog

google works wonders ya know Cassa01..

Dangerous dogs

here ya go, hope this helps a bit ;)

13. quinny

quinny Big Dog

Thats what I meant, Its like cutting your own throat!;)