1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

There is good and then there is....

Discussion in 'Dog Discussion' started by CHUVALOFAN, Nov 28, 2015.

1. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

A resent private msg I received on the members thoughts on some dogs he thought were solid bulldogs got me thinking...

I remember playing hockey as a boy and this one year we were unbeatable, we were the local star attraction and were real standouts on the local seen. Well I remember we traveled pretty far to compete in a series. We were told by an insider we were getting one of the lower quality teams in Series 1. Guess what happened. We got schooled and THEN some. After we got our asses handed to us and sent back home humbled I learned a lesson that I carry with me today....

" You may be an all star in your backyard but in another mans yard you might find yourself the waterboy"

I have been around dogmen and dogs who really are on a whole other level as I am sure other members here have as well. When you find yourself around such men and their dogs you gain so much insight and are truly humbled.

2. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

Been a while since we've heard from you my friend, I am glad to hear all is well!!!

This is one of the best post I ve read in a long while and makes me truley miss the HUMBLENESS TDK SHARED...

I always loved Corvinos quote which Bert Sorrells shared,THE TEST OF A DOG IS THE SHOW AND THE TEST OF A FAMILY IS TIME...

3. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I like that one E.P. and ya there is a big whole here with TDK gone.

4. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Nice read and good to see you back chuva.

5. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Thanks buddy. For a time I had take on a second job in the evenings and truly have been like a robot but now I am back on my feet $ wise, back to one job and again have time of my own. Life through some curve balls this year but I'm still standin'. Good to be back among you fine gentleman.

6. PHARMER

PHARMER Pup

Tres perros noches! The man, the myth, the legend! El maestro, respect & love amigo.....pharmer.

7. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

Listen bud , the older we get , worse it gets ! We start losing folks we love and have known over 40 yrs..It doesn't get better my friend , we just have tk get stronger !

8. Naustroms

Naustroms CH Dog

Its the difference between a thoroughbred and a quarter horse. Sure that quarter is athletic and can run like hell but when you get up lose to a real race horse tey don't even seem like the same type animal. The only way to really judge quality is to first see it at its highest level.

9. corvettedex

corvettedex CH Dog

Well said ! I too miss TDK'S post. Knowlege and truths !

10. Red Cemtre

Red Cemtre Big Dog

True, but a thoroughbred ain't got a hope against a good quarterhorse when there's cows involved ;)
    I remember the first time I saw a national trial champion sheep dog work a flock, as soon as I got home I was out with my dogs trying to get them as smooth and effortless. I had some success eventually but that dog on that one particular day is etched in my memory

11. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Very well said Naus. So many people today can't see past their own ego's and that's a shame. I remember the first time I met a real dogman and was on his yard, within moments of meeting him I knew that all I had been around before was fanciers, it was as clear as night and day. After having a good yard tour, interacting with this mans dogs and watching them be worked I left with a new mindset , a new standard to strive for and learned to never get to high and mighty that I failed to see better when it was before me and a willingness to learn from such.

12. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Egos will always be the downfall of humanity.. The same way individuals will form or make opinions on things they have not witnessed first hand.
    It's funny how some are just on the sideline or at the other end of a conversation have such a strong opinion. Good ones are where you find them.. Just like you'll only find out who's better by stepping over the wall.

13. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

Truly...that is the only way. Each dog knows nothing of how it is bred, it simply is. Each dog knows nothing of how many wins he has or the other has, each knows nothing of money involved, of bragging rights...of ego. Each man can hype, can be humble, can speak wise or out of his ass but the moment of truth for all comes within those walls.

14. NatureBoy

NatureBoy Big Dog

Very true... It's an amazing feeling collecting the fruits of your labor and a even better feeling when that party cannot say a good thing about the one that just wasted 8 weeks their hard work. I would expect a individual would think highly of their animal before putting it's wt out. Then they get whipped and your dog is sub par. Lol
    What I've noticed over the years is people lose and then talk shit about the other party instead of using that fuel to better themselves as individuals.
    Sometimes a good one is done by a great handler/conditioner and looks great and other times a good one is not done right by a individual and that person points and says it's the dogs fault.
    This is a team sport and there is no "i" in team. With that selfishness you'll surly not go far.

Don't mind me I'm just ranting

15. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

I don't think that is a rant at all and very true to point. Honestly there is nothing I can add to that, very well said.

16. CHUVALOFAN

CHUVALOFAN Top Dog

lol Muchas gracias a mi amigo , espero que usted y los suyos están bien .