1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The Urban Dogman..

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by SPFDOGS, May 28, 2008.

1. 14rock

14rock GRCH Dog

"animal husbandry" huh?

Crates are not kennels, and I personally don't like the idea of housing animals in them. However, I've never been an animals husband, so maybe I'm not as in tune to an animals needs as yourself?

Who are we teaching here? If the people in question don't care enough to put the dogs in crates in the first place, why would anything we have to say change that?

2. jeeperino

jeeperino CH Dog

Crates are a great tool for training etc... But not permanent housing. That is some bullshit having dogs live in crates, but 2 each his own is right? Im not gonna b the one to tell a murderer his set up isnt up 2 my standards. Ill gladly take his money tho when he brings a sub par animal because of its living conditions.

3. Boze

Boze Top Dog

mayb if more people spoke up and also did not alow the people who do not treat their dogs right to participate in shows then they would change i mean did you ever wonder why some dogs would work well for some but not others. a dog who is only taken off the chain to fight nos nothing but fighting. and that is not there fault.. i believe it was maurice carver who said if i am going to ask a dog to give his life for me i want that dog to be my friend a dog who is taken care of properly i believe if they are game to began with then they will go even farther for you if they love you a dog who loves his master is a dog that will die for his master willingly

4. lincking

lincking Pup

That was a great post. Growing up in the city and now living in the country, there are real differences beteewn the two.

5. You calling us murderers??? What the F@ck?

I find your statement funny because you hold more value to where a dog sleeps than the degree of bonding one should have with their dog. I do not treat my dogs as livestock nor treat them as such.

My words mean something to them. My words are not just noise coming out of the human that throws food on their plate.

There have been many successful FASTLANE dogmen who have lived (or still live) in Urban areas. I strongly believe we urbanites will be the ones who will keep the real bulldogs when everything humaniac is done....

6. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Rocky i do belive Jeeperrino ment dogs that are crated 20 pluss hours a day.Also Jeep lives in the detroit area.Being from Mi. myself I'm shure the murderer comment isent that far off. Of course not all city dogmen are Killers

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  7. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

hey, was good B? you need to hit me up man. i need a good kennel hand that has something to bring to the table. you have a few dogs bred very similar to or down from ones i now have. need to get yer ass out of the city bro!

YIS, L

8. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

BWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Youre Yardboy !?!
    BWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    LMMFAO
    You Serious ???????????????
    Bwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh
    ROTFL Thats ritch man thats ritch
    No dissrespect but I've got a mentor
    And I might drop evrything andmove to the country to be a yardhand for Floyd or someone of his calaber but no one elts.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2008
  9. frenchie1936

frenchie1936 Guest

ummmmm....... i appreciate your sense of humor, but i think you misunderstood what i was saying. i don't need a yardboy. i already got me a good one of them. i need someone who has an understanding of this family of dogs. it was a halfhearted offer i didn't truly expect you to take. sorry if you misunderstood me bud. it wasn't layed out with any disrespect intended. however, offer still stands. :D

P.S. that was rich you thought i need a shit scooper.......

10. I certainly do not know what he meant but can read as good as the next person. Before I continue, i will acknowledge agreeing with many of the things said by jeeperino. That out of the way, I saw bloody red when i read his blasphemy toward people that have to crate their dogs. G@ddam it, what he is willing to do to us is called DE FACTO segregation. Heck yeah, i would love to give my boys as much room as possible. F@ck, i would give them a mile each. That cannot happen so i and many others do what they can with what they have. I certainly treat my dogs better than most pet owners...(I did not say or mean pet bull). I have found my calling and embrace it. I love combat sports ever since I could remember. I have also loved and cared for dogs my entire life. The moment I understood the breed my calling was clear. Now because I cannot afford the luxuries of others, i cannot own this breed? Come on people!

I have had the great....no, dream opportunity to feed "ready" prospects and pups off quality parenting and predecesors but my duty toward my current stock has forced me to decline. The quality of the dogs I declined would have been most people's best first dogs. The people who have offered are people I respect and deem as advisors. Yet, above all, I hold the welfare of the dogs above that.

Anyway, I will not disclose my personal inner conflicts especially when I am buzzed on "Budweiser Select"....lol

I hope the readers of this post understand my feelings and thoughts...sorry, it has been a tough month....wait, it is only the 6th...lmao.

The murderer comment threw me off though......It made wondering if he was talking about culling....To cull IS to preserve the standard. I am not going to breed a dog because he or she is aesthetically beautiful....I do not mean to offend anyone here. This is MY way and belief and is not to be forced onto anyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  11. BmoreGame

BmoreGame Pup

Bump.... just curious about other city boy setups! Personally, I live in a row house and the most I have kept here in good conscience/quality is 5 bulldogs. (3) 6'h/5'w/10'l eight gauge wire kennels in the basement, one chain spot in the backyard, n one roaming house dog, n rotated them all. Cant wait to move outta town!:)

12. Ric Dimes

Ric Dimes Pup

Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I will be planning a city setup and would like some opinions if anyone has any. I'm only going to have one dog at the moment, but will want be efficient and healthy for the dog. My plan is to have a dedicated room set up for the dog for indoor exercise and housing. Is there an indoor (less noisy) alternative to chain training?

13. wardogkennels

wardogkennels Top Dog

I live in the city and I privacy fenced my entire yard. I have 1 kennel for pups and dog houses for the older ones. I will be posting pics tomorrow. Indoor setups like basements and such, I don't like. I think it is unhealthy for the dog to not get any sun light. Also can stink your house up which isn't good either.

14. Ric Dimes

Ric Dimes Pup

I'm definitely not interested in a basement setup, unless it was for indoor training. I don't see having more than one dog for the next 2-3 years, so I really just need to make sure that I have provisions for exercise when indoors. I'd love to see your setup!

15. csotelo9388

csotelo9388 Big Dog

i live in the city but both my side neighbors have dogs and to the bak 3 them have pits.bout 5 houses down there very nice older pit who is very friendly,up the street there a sum kids who have bout 3 pits and down the street a family has an american bulldog.bout every other house has dogs on my street.i mved into the rite neighborhood.its also a nice middle class neighborhood.it aint all ghetto.

16. Jrouble

Jrouble Big Dog

I pick up a pup from one of those "treasures" in about 5 weeks :cool: they are still out there.

17. Flipside

Flipside CH Dog

Email me them...would love to see your set-up!

18. Dreamer

Dreamer Big Dog

I bet your dogs can't wait too!

That just does not seem like much of a life for active dogs -- basement, crates, I feel very sorry for many of these dogs kept like this....I've seen these set-ups....not much room,too much time confined, can't leave dogs out for long (theft), etc, etc. Not much of a life for the extremely active dogs we breed for and expect them to be.

Dreamer

19. =^^=GYPSYKITTIN

=^^=GYPSYKITTIN Big Dog

we live in a small town but are only allowed 3 dogs as pr town ordinance. we have one that stays indoors and two that look alike and two more that look alike also and one that stands out like a sore thumb!! so we can crate and rotate with none being in crates longer than through the night or about four hours at a time in the day. the chainspots are 12ft chains and its acually more interesting for them to always be rotated because they like to check things out after they get moved to see whos been in thier spot and always having a different nieghbor to glare at LOL!!!

20. Lonewolf

Lonewolf Big Dog

I understand what you guys are saying. Ive seen some f'd up shit in my day. I live in the country and 1 of my favorite dogs, lives in the basement in crate. I have a walkout basement and a chain for him right outside the door. Believe it or not he seems to rather be in his crate than outside alot of the time. Simply having a dog in a crate in a basement is'nt a bad thing. I have seen the stacked crates and the shittt/pissy basements and that is no good.