1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

>>> ))) The Ultimate Pedigree Database (((<<<

Discussion in 'Breeder Discussion' started by CA Jack, Aug 27, 2012.

1. hnelson

hnelson Big Dog

:cheers::cheers:

2. CA Jack

CA Jack Pup

Thank you very much V, I appreciate it.

Jack

3. Cynthia

Cynthia Top Dog

This thread will be moderated. And any member breaking forum rules your post will be deleted and you will be subject to disciplinary actions.

That goes for everyone.

4. bgblok68

bgblok68 CH Dog

Thats pretty much what I said in an earlier post. I was just wondering which side you were leaning towards. lol I'm a member on TPBBOAPBTD. I would much rather spend the money there than on PO. Thats why I let my membership expire there a few years ago. I dont care how much he makes as long as I feel that I get my money's worth.

5. poorfarmkennels

poorfarmkennels Big Dog

why use peds online(if youre just gonna use one) when set up of this better? Besides the last time I bought script to peds a few months in my acct would get screwed up and I wouldnt be able to log on. THis happen a few times and it would turn on after a few days but still its bs. The only time I got response from admin was two weeks after it came back on and was shitty about it when I tld it was working then. Im sure Im not the only one that had problems. Im sure if I questioned mods there or posted about it on the board it woulda only been worse. Poor customer service. I know it wont happen overnight but I hope you take alot of their business Jack.

6. CA Jack

CA Jack Pup

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Actually, I am not looking to "take" anyone's business, I am just offering what I believe is the finest Database ever made so far. I also offer a "hate free" environment, but (ironically) some people prefer a "hater" environment, so each site has something to offer everybody :)

The prospect of "which website to choose" really doesn't have to be an "either/or" situation ... as hell I am a paid member of Peds also. It's like changing channels on a TV: each station has something a little different. I don't think anyone is going to the poor house paying a few different sites $30/year :)

That said, as far as pedigrees & statistics go, and as far as a person's time and effort go, The Pit Bull Bible Online APBT Database simply offers more features than any database, and by a country mile. (And we're still not done with all our ideas :) )

So rather than downgrade another site, I will simply try to show the good features of my own. With that said, if a person really takes the time to read all of the instructions, and if they really take the time to enter all of their dogs' data in completely, they will "get back" for their efforts more and better features than even expensive software programs can provide.

With my brother being a professional mathematician, and he way we have separate tables set up for each detail, the full functionality of all of our search features will ultimately become monstrous over time.

Remember, PedsOnline has been up for 12 years ... and actually I helped them get started by donating my articles and photos to their project ... while our database has only been up 3 months ... so we're still just a "puppy" right not ... but we're a very well-bred and well-structured puppy :)

Because of how we have set things up, and because I have the availability of instant change and perpetual growth potential, I truly believe that (as we mature) the depth and scope of what we offer will be truly unique and will certainly make us a worthwhile $30 yearly investment for any serious dogman or woman.

Cheers,

Jack

[​IMG]

7. back2basics

back2basics Big Dog

Competition definitely makes products better, thank goodness there's a choice

8. Lee D

Lee D CH Dog

it wouldnt hurt my feelings none to see feds-online go belly up

9. nmdogs

nmdogs Big Dog

This seems very well thought out and executed !
    So ill be keeping an eye on it btw since your open
    To suggestions on the topic of public peds why
    Not give the person posting the ped the option
    Of making it either public or private so only members
    Can see ? Btw I do got a few questions for you
    Unrelated to this so ill try and pm or email you
    When I get the chance ... Good luck with your
    New site jack

Nmdogs

10. CA Jack

CA Jack Pup

Thanks guys.

Regarding the suggestion, we have thought about implementing a "private" pedigree feature, based on previous suggestions. The trouble, though, is that if other people have "that private dog" in their pedigrees, then no one will be able to see that part of the pedigree. So I am not sure how it would be a tenable option, ultimately.

At the end of the day, it is a public resource, a community of fanciers sharing their pedigrees and photos with other fanciers ... and I am not sure why someone would want to "hide" their dogs' pedigrees on a public format. Best to use your own private software, if you want to hide your dogs' pedigrees ...

Cheers,

Jack

11. spicano

spicano Pup

I will be joining cause pedsonline just ripped me off! just subscribed last week, they collected the money and I still dont have full access to the site, no replies to countless emails either, F*** EM! keep the $30.00....PIGS!

12. Jack one question,, does your database use software to track the activities of its members like peds-online does?

Thanks.

*peds look real good, very good job.

13. CA Jack

CA Jack Pup

Hey thank you for joining recently, and (in our database) you should have had instant access :D

Thank you very much for your kind words!

Yes, but not in such a way that is going to harm you.

For example, how many posts you make is quantified, how many dogs you've entered is quantified, any changes you make to existing pedigrees is recorded, etc.

We have to do this because (for example) if someone messes with a pedigree, they have accountability. Or, if someone (say) enters in 5,000 we might give them a reward of a free next year subscription for all of their hard work, etc.

There is nothing about the tracking system that can hurt you, it is only to see who is doing what that is good (or bad), and that's pretty much it.

Hope this clarifies :)

Jack

14. CA Jack

CA Jack Pup

15. keystone

keystone CH Dog

He's free to make money anyway he wants to. If someone does'nt agree, then that's just fine too. You can't knock another mans hustle...very right ....
    and don't be jelous when other people are creating a nice thing

yes nice pedigrees with picture's ..because picture's are telling a lot .....
    each dog 3 pic's
    one from the front one from the side one from the back.

16. keystone

keystone CH Dog

at least try not to be jelous

17. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

Just do what most of us do and get someone else to put your shit on there!

18. CA Jack

CA Jack Pup

Actually, each dog gets 4 photos + 1 video :cool:

For example, here is the pedigree of Crenshaw's Ch Jeep :)

You can switch from photos to video at your leisure.
    You can go back 10 generations, 13 generations, 15 generations (must have high-end computer)
    As you go back in pedigree depth, your Statistics (%s) change, as does your Wright's Breeding Coefficient.

You guys can't see this (if you're not a member), but when you subscribe you also get links to Relatives( offspring, bother/sister, half-brother/sister, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.).

No other database comes close ...

3 days left to get 2 years for the price of one! ;)

The Pit Bull Bible Online APBT Database -

Jack

19. bamaman

bamaman GRCH Dog

I am gone try it out soon..I have heard lots of good things about Jacks site.