1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

...the truth...

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by ELIAS'PISTOLA, Dec 22, 2015.

1. ELIAS'PISTOLA

ELIAS'PISTOLA CH Dog

If you havnt heard it out of the horses mouth, here you go...

In this video, Pat Patrick was deceived into believing "Joey Casim" was a Middle Eastern customer going to buy a bitch for $10,000, but it was really Bobby Smith (the owner of Reuben ROM) who got Patrick to admit he hung papers on Wichita's Ch Blaze.

Patrick Lies - YouTube

2. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

What A Prince!

3. Saiyagin

Saiyagin Chihuahua

Bobby Smith could win the award for best impersonator cause his accent and tone was on point when I first heard this recording a while back. LOL

4. war machine

war machine Big Dog

But how many dogs weren't lied about? Lol great find on this specific one. Love the old calls, interviews, stories.

dmack102 likes this.
  5. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I remember when Bolio was stolen! Indian Sonny came to South Texas to see if anybody knew where he was! A person who just moved there from Arizona , ( I was there) said your way to far East, you know who took him!!! I think he was looking for confirmation!

6. Rock n Rye

Rock n Rye CH Dog

More than all of our fingers could count were lied about.. Many believe Ch Bobby Jr was either a son of Reuben on one of the Zachariah dogs on Pat P yard but nobody knows except him..

7. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^^^ Probably right! I matched into A dog from Bolio, he picked him up in under an hr. he could see my dog was fix'n to put the hammer down! I don't know who the gyp was, but the guy paid big bucks for A grown dog, he was about the quality of A Houston pound dog!

8. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

The bottom line is I doubt this dog was off Bolio! I have A friend who knew him good! Did'nt have much respect for him, I never met him!

9. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I think most lied about what was off what.

10. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I really think he took advantage of A guy in A wheelchair, who just got A big settlement. I don't know about most .......but quite A few especially the ones selling in the magazine! I have kept basically two family's for over 40 yrs. just injecting blood from proven dogs that have similar foundation. I cull SUPER hard now I'm stuck with A dilemma, my 8 yr. old I need to breed this spring, but I'm trying to reproduce an old breeding that was top notch, I will keep every pup hopefully A healthy gyp, Heath and game are at the top. That is the reason I got on this forum! This might be the first time go'n into something I haven't seen!

11. c_note

c_note CH Dog

I'll buy the "quite a few" answer! Was ol boy in wheelchair forreal or is that a metaphorical wheelchair??

12. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^^^^ He was in A bad car accident, and received A large settlement, in fact A hell of A good'ol boy he just got screwed by that breeder! In fact my friend who had A beef with that puppy merchant took the guy back over there and pretty much made things right! I think we convinced him to sit back and just look for A while! He was just trying to move to fast, looking for overnight success, trying to keep his mind off his current situation! We kept in touch for many years until he passed! I let him match A young one of mine and his wife handle! Just A $300 match! It really lifted him up! Turned out to be I think A 3 card show! Everybody kept asking how my dog was breed just something somebody gave me!! Brings up some things I haven't thought about in many years!! Tripping down memory lane! LOL

Revelator likes this.
  13. slim12

slim12 Super Moderator Staff Member

They are all paper hung. Every last one of them...except the ones you bred every dog in the 6 generation pedigree. Every dog. Then what about the 7th? Maybe the 8th?

This is one of my favorite least favorite subjects and I always refer to this quote from Lester Hughes. The only way to know how a dog is bred is to win three or four or produce three or four winners. The there is always some 'sumbitch' over in the corner that knows how he is REALLY bred. Paraphrased in so many words.

S

14. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I know right, could be.

15. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

I know and it will always be that way, between paper hangers, puppy peddlers, and two good dog men just being pissed at each other. I just started feeding what I like and likeing what I feed! One thing I have no respect for is A dog thief. Had A 3 x stolen!

16. slim12

The Bolio being stolen has always puzzled me. I wasn't there. And ever what the details were I benefitted because two of the best dogs I ever owned came off a dog from Patrick.

Not personally knowing all the parties involved I have always wondered why everybody and their brother knew, and knows, Patrick has the stolen dog why the rightful owner never went and retrieved him.

TROT, you mentioned a stolen 3XW'er. Did you know who stole it and who had it? No offense, and not knowing you personally, most go get their stuff, especially if it carries great value.

I had a 1XW-er bred to a 2XW'er Bolio/Red Boy female stolen when she was about 2 weeks out. Cut the lock on the brood pen. My trail camera caught a silver Toyota truck with a fat white guy with a beard. I can promise you for years every time I saw a truck like that driven by a fat white dude with a beard I followed him home. Luckily, (for the both of us) I never followed the right one home.

Since I have had a dog of great value to me stolen, I truly understand. I also know at the time (being young and dumb) the lengths I would have went to take back what was mine.

The fact Bolio stayed with the Patricks has always puzzled me. Just saying...

S

17. TROTLINE

TROTLINE Top Dog

^^^ Yea me to, Indian Sonny could have definatly done something about it,(he hung with some ruff company) I kinda new him but never met PP Hay those Bolio dogs were great!!! In fact I have Mendecino in mine. I was never able to track the person down who took him! Believe me I tried, found out latter he sold him to somebody, I also have had to retrieve A stolen gyp.....that's the worst feeling. A friend of mine A lady was at A show N.Texas, the guy showed up she made so much noise he jumped in his car and left! That was the last I ever heard of him! I guess I was kind of prejudiced against PP early on any body who did business with him over time cut him loose! I would have loved to breed to Bolio, especially since my gyp was 1/4 Mendicino, instead I went the Stu Fowler route!! I also had A littermate sister to him she won 2 & 3 off the chain once into A 3 lb. bigger dog! As many Bolio and Comander White head I saw in Oregon and Washington only one or two was what I would call A better than grade combat dog (jmo) then again you have to have the right gyp! It's all ancient history, I guess mmaybe I should'nt have brought it up! Wont change anything today, I gotta keep what I know or epecially what I heard to myself! After all this time it dos'nt mean shit! Is'nt go'n to change a Damn thing! Just kinda thinking out loud I'm fix'n to keep my thoughts to myself! Right now there are A couple of great dogs breed down from him in So. Cal. When Darless saw the ass who I loaned A dog to and then sold him her husband Bennie was go'n to force him in A motor home and bring him back to Shreveport but he got away I looked for him over the years no dice!

18. I ve often wondered like Slim said , why did,not sonny just go over there and take his dog back ? There has too be more too this than meets the eye, things that we will probably never find out , but if someone stole something from me and I knew where he was I would get it back. Simple as that. No excuses.

19. CajunBoulette

CajunBoulette CH Dog

I don't know anything about the Bolio story, but sometimes a dog that's "stolen" isn't actually "stolen". Sometimes they are sold with certain stipulations and when those aren't met it's said that they were stolen. I've seen things like that happen pretty often.

Sent from my 306SH using Tapatalk

20. slim12

I have always thought it was much more to the story than has been told. But that is one of the major 'stories' that keep the dog game interesting.
    Bolio was stolen, knew where he was at, but never retrieved....
    Honeybunch was pushed out on her last scratch, the other bitch quit, and she never had to prove she was game dog.
    Jeep died after the epic Homer match and all the Jeep dogs were off a son of Jeep.
    GrCh Virgil was a tight Panther bred dog, or bought out of the bargain trader.

Keeps things going.

S

Revelator likes this.