1. Welcome to Game Dog Forum

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dismiss Notice

The truth shall set you free..

Discussion in 'APBT History' started by SPFDOGS, May 22, 2008.

1. SPFDOGS

SPFDOGS Guest

The editor believes that the truth should be published about the unfortunate incident which took place in the home of our old friend and fellow fancier Maurice Carver..
    Stories have been making the rounds about this case,and in all due respect to our compatriot,tha truth as we know it,be in the hands of all..
    James C. Brock,a 32 yr old,two time resident of the state penitentiary for burglary,entered the home of Maurice Carver about 3pm on a sunday,and drew a pistol and threatened to kill Carver..
    Carver served in the Marines during WW2 and had been well schooled in hand to hand combat,so grappeled with his assailent,who managed to fire one shot,which was a bit low,otherwise Maurice would have been sexless..Gun powder from the firing of the pistol did scorch his underwear and trousers,it was that close..Brock was appearantly using a British Army caliber pistol,and police found that one bullet had been fired and the pistol had 5 live rounds ..
    The state troopers also found 5 cartidges of the same typ in Brock's jacket..
    Carver,in grappling with Brock,attempted to get control of the gun,and finally reached his own .357 from a drawer near the sink..Carver told the editor that it was loaded with steel jacketed cartidges which he was using for target practice,therefore they went right on thru and did very little damage..Brock was shot once in the neck,right arm,left chest,upper abdomen and Carver said,although he shot him he just kept on coming after him,so he could do nothing but keep on shooting..
    Carver was booked for murder,but was released about a hour later on $10,000 bond..
    Brock was known to make it a habit to hold up people that,because of the way their money was obtained,winnings from gambling,etc..,that they would not report their loss..There was quite a bit of money being gotten together for the forth coming dogfight between the Nigger dog and the Cracker dog,which was reported in the last ssue of PITDOGS magazine,and the supposition is that Brock thought that Carver would be carrying $5000-6000,pooled for the fight..
    carvers attorney,one of the best in San Antonio was granted a writ of habeas corpus by District Judge Peter M. Curry;Fred Semaan,the attorney said it was a simpl case of a man defending himself..
    To those who know maurice Carver,they know him as a hard man to beat in the dog pit,but they also respect him as a square dealer..
    This space has been utilized to bring the true facts,as published in the Newspaper and as told to the editor..
    The grand jury so far has refused to indict Carver,but the states attorney is still after him..The editor wants Carver to know that the entire fraternity is rooting for him..

* This article is from YF&M Sept & Oct 1964..

2. thepitpalace

thepitpalace Big Dog

Keep 'em coming...:)

3. Big Game

Big Game CH Dog

Yes sir keep em comming . I love these old articals.

4. Bullyson

Bullyson CH Dog

Good stuff man! The more the better!

5. Caos

Caos CH Dog

nice job SPF you´re the man buddy:)

6. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

Another Good one. Yeah, it's messed up that they would have charged him with anything, since it was self defense.

7. Dr_jitsu

Dr_jitsu Big Dog

You all need to move to Texas...in our country...oops, I mean state, The Castle Law (and common sense) allows you to use deadly force on someone who is breaking into your home. You can even shoot someone breaking into you neighbors place if they give you permission.

On a side note, having trained many kids in self defense who were former Marines, they don't teach you much in the way of hand to hand fighting (it is more efficient to just get kids in shape, mentally ready to kill, and teach them to shoot).

This article also illustrates why I keep my dogs in the house and do PP with them:D

Yes, a robber can shoot your dog (lets see him get 2, however) but that buys me time to get my gun., which is kept semi stored away from my son. And mine is always loaded w/ hollow points, I save the fm jackets for the range.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2008
  8. coolhandjean

coolhandjean CH Dog

In NC, you are also allowed to use deadly force to protect yourself and your property.

9. Nice read. I own old style Carver dogs and couldn't be happier with them nice to hear a little about the man who bred my dogs.

10. preme

preme CH Dog

Wow Just Keep Them Coming...thanx